PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

genevieve
09-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Pretty good ep, although as usual I only know about a third of the cast. A vote came up for "eve" and I was all who the hell is that?!? Glad Wendy Jo was voted off...she was beyond annoying.

Jimmy T seems like a loose cannon. I can see people keeping him around if he has any value in challenges, because he will have a big target on his back.

Ugh - Jud/Fabio seems like a stupider version of Johnny Foreplay.

Love that the eliminated players have to walk through a graveyard :rofl:

next week looks like a zinger!

Prancer
09-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Pretty good ep, although as usual I only know about a third of the cast. A vote came up for "eve" and I was all who the hell is that?!?

Yve Rojas (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/13/2221033/meet-yve-rojas-kcs-latest-survivor.html): Long, straight dark hair, youngest person on the tribe. She's one I know because all the people on Sucks were swooning over her when she first turned up as contestant.

I thought it was interesting that Wendy Jo (I think) voted for her. We didn't see any interaction between them at camp, but they seemed to dislike one another already at Tribal.

Jimmy T seems like a loose cannon. I can see people keeping him around if he has any value in challenges, because he will have a big target on his back.

Lots of big Type-A personalities on the older tribe. I foresee many clashes and lots of dysfunction there.

Jimmy Johnson's coaching cracked me up. It was like listening to some movie role grandfather counseling the youngins.

And absolute :respec: to Jane :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for finally bringing along a pair of reading glasses and knowing how to use them. FINALLY someone who was paying attention and practiced.

Nice to see some actual fans of the show!

genevieve
09-16-2010, 05:20 AM
I know - HUGE :cheer: to Jane!!!! Love how even jeff was shocked that anyone listens to him :P

I just read the recap at EW. Dalton Ross was there for the beginning of the season and shared some things not shown. Apparently during the IC, Jimmy T decided to try to confuse the other team by yelling at them...but his own team ended up getting confused and Jimmy J told him to shut it. That may be why Jimmy T was so incredibly incensed at Jimmy J afterwards (I was kinda confused about why he was sooooooo pissed that he had to go calm down).

Also - Wendy talked WAY more than we got to see. She did not shut up :scream: And then she got lost in the graveyard after her torch was snuffed :lol:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20354695_20426283_5,00.html

Sassafras
09-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Also - Wendy talked WAY more than we got to see. She did not shut up :scream: And then she got lost in the graveyard after her torch was snuffed :lol:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20354695_20426283_5,00.html

:rofl:

Thanks!

Sparks
09-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm enjoying it so far. I do wish that they had players who are in their 30's...just sayin.
LOVE fire-maker Jane. Just for that, she should win the million dollars! :P

genevieve
09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I would prefer there were some folks in their 30s too. I guess TPTB figure that epople in their 30s are too variable - some will fit in more with the younger crowd, some with the older one. But I think it's weird that they've got one tribe of 10 people within a decade of each other in age - and then a tribe where the age span can be more than 25 years.

orbitz
09-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Who is Jimmy Johnson?

This is a figure-skating board, so it doesn't surprise me that there are posters on this board who doesn't know who JJ is. But for the millions of home viewers that tune in, I bet at least 60% of them know who JJ is.

Sparks
09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I would prefer there were some folks in their 30s too. I guess TPTB figure that epople in their 30s are too variable - some will fit in more with the younger crowd, some with the older one. But I think it's weird that they've got one tribe of 10 people within a decade of each other in age - and then a tribe where the age span can be more than 25 years.

I was just informed that the original premise wasn't Old vs. Young, but once the producers looked at the contestants, they saw there weren't any 30 somethings, thus they decided to divide the tribes another way. :wideeyes:

Sparks
09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I was just informed that the original premise wasn't Old vs. Young, but once the producers looked at the contestants, they saw there weren't any 30 somethings, thus they decided to divide the tribes another way. :wideeyes:
And Probst says something different:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/16/jeff-probst-survivor-nicaragua-premiere-episode-1/?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-Jeff+Probst's+'Survivor'+blog

KHenry14
09-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm curious as to why the tribe seemed to think that the jury would be star struck with Jimmy Johnson and give him the money? IMO, people would think he's already a millionaire, he doesn't need the money and vote for someone else.

I suspect that the younger tribe may be correct about the girl with the prosthetic leg might get a sympathy vote. But unlike the guy who was previously on Survivor with the prosthetic leg (I forget the guy and which season) he was a pretty good athlete, she doesn't seem that good however.

Lots of interesting characters this time around. Jimmy T is a tool, and Fabio is clueless. Spicoli indeed!

BTW, anyone notice on the charity ad that featured the famous Survivor contestants that Russell was next to last and Boston Rob was last? Why do I think that order pissed Russell off??? :D

purple skates
09-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I suspect that the younger tribe may be correct about the girl with the prosthetic leg might get a sympathy vote. But unlike the guy who was previously on Survivor with the prosthetic leg (I forget the guy and which season) he was a pretty good athlete, she doesn't seem that good however.

From Probst's blog (that Sparks linked above), emphasis mine:

KELLY B, not to be confused with PURPLE KELLY is obviously an inspiration but that will not be enough to get her through 39 days. Her tribe is already targeting her.. not because they think she can win challenges, or will be great at the social game, or because she is crafty at tribal council. Theyre voting her out because she has an artificial leg and it makes them uncomfortable because they think shell garner too much sympathy.

We humans are a nutty group. Certainly this group, anyway! Not one person has even considered the idea of I wonder how shell do or Id love to see what she can achieve in the challenges. Nope. This is a cut-throat game for a million dollars. Its survival of the fittest. Little do they know she has accomplished more athletic achievements than most all of them combined.

genevieve
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, there was the runner with an artificial leg on The Amazing Race a few seasons ago - she is certainly an accomplished athlete, but I definitely think her artificial leg hampered her in the race (so did her asshat boyfriend...). Plus, in general there have been very athletic people on Survivor who don't fare well, because they are conditioned to perform under peak conditions. But I'm hoping that Kelly B will last long enough to show what she's capable of.

Of course, on the other tribe the players are trying to get rid of Jimmy J based on how they think he would fare in front of the jury - considering he was hacking up a lung on day 1 there wasn't as much about his ability to handle the physical stuff (I think I heard one comment?).

Sparks
09-16-2010, 11:19 PM
BTW, anyone notice on the charity ad that featured the famous Survivor contestants that Russell was next to last and Boston Rob was last? Why do I think that order pissed Russell off??? :rofl:
Russell may want to cut someone after seeing that! :D

Lurking Skater
09-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Russell probably has his panties in a wad over it. :P I was disappointed that Boston Rob was last, though. I was hoping for Ethan.

Sparks
09-17-2010, 01:48 AM
I always loved Ethan.
When he won, I was at a skating event (2002 Nationals?) I watched it in my hotel room and jumped on the bed when the results were announced. :rollin: