PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

smurfy
12-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Totally crazy episode, so bizarre, but things are making sense now.
Back in episode 2 when Holly put Dan's shoes and the water and BSC Na appeared.... I would never have guessed that Holly would be a strong person and Na would leave the way she did.
Love how they showed the jury and how upset they were.
Jeff said Na and Kelly B are going on the jury? That just seems wrong, they should leave period. I know folks get paid based on how long they last, and how can these 2 get more than Brenda, Alina or Marty???

Plus the reward - they probably got so sick, hot dogs and candy!!!
I am no nutrition expert, but so many of the food rewards seem like they could do more harm than good. (wasn't there beer and doritos several seasons ago, more for product placement). I would think stuff like gatorade, foods easy to digest with nutrion and protein would be helpful. But chemicals from the hot dogs and then sugar??

Did Holly put a big target on her back? Funny how Holly is maybe not the best game player, but make what could be a winning move, because it was the right thing to do, and I don't think she did it for a strategic reason. She is a very maternal person.
Holly and Jane have compelling stuff for the jury if they make it final tc.
Jud - still amuses, and he not so dumb.
Dan, Benry and Sash - hope they are the next to go.
Chase, not sure if I trust him, he seems so dumb at times, he could go far if he plays it right, but might blow it all.

genevieve
12-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Now we know why Jeff thinks so little of this season :lol:

...And Naonka made herself the most unlikeable person ever to be on the show...
Oh, even with this stunt I don't think NaOnka's the most unlikeable person in Survivor history. Russell has placed that bar so high (or low, if you prefer) that it'll take much more than a quitter who hides food and also denies a reward to someone who earned it to dislodge him, for just one example. :lol:

Jeff said Na and Kelly B are going on the jury? That just seems wrong, they should leave period.

I remember in Survivor Palau, Janu specifically asked Jeff is she would still be able to be on the jury if she quit, and when he affirmed it, she did. meh. I can understand if they still need an odd # on the jury, but here losing two means they would still have an odd number. Meh. I'm sure the ranch was real fun once those two showed up.

I will say though that NaOnka, as completely screwed up as she is, was far less of a waste of space than Purple Kelly. Whoever cast her should be fired :lol:

Oh, and while it was obviously wrong that Na didn't volunteer to give up the reward, I'm shocked Dan - who did nothing to earn it - didn't get any flack for not volunteering to forgo. I mean, Na could at least argue that she was part of the reason the team won (they surely would have lost if dan had been competing).

I really hope that either Fabio, Jane or Holly win.

jamesy
12-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh, and while it was obviously wrong that Na didn't volunteer to give up the reward, I'm shocked Dan - who did nothing to earn it - didn't get any flack for not volunteering to forgo. I mean, Na could at least argue that she was part of the reason the team won (they surely would have lost if dan had been competing).
I don't know if it was editing or I misheard it, but it didn't sound like Jeff gave Dan the option of giving it up. It sounded like he only named the 4 people who participated as candidates for the "hero" award.

PeterG
12-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Love how they showed the jury and how upset they were.

Were they upset that two people quit the game after these jury members got the boot, or were they upset because they played so poorly that they couldn't even last as long as the two quitters? :lol:

victoriajh
12-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Now we know why Jeff thinks so little of this season :lol:
Oh, even with this stunt I don't think NaOnka's the most unlikeable person in Survivor history. Russell has placed that bar so high (or low, if you prefer) that it'll take much more than a quitter who hides food and also denies a reward to someone who earned it to dislodge him, for just one example. :lol:

I really hope that either Fabio, Jane or Holly win.

i agree with jeff- this season is a wash!
I disagree with you on the russel naonka comparision- russel PLAYED hard and he WANTED to be there- he has strategy and made it seem like it was not malicious or at least when he was caught on it he did - i loved seeing how he played and I was HOPING naokna ws goine - she did not play she was plain mean and disalusioned- interesting to see her on the reunion show for sure.....
and I too want fabio or holly to win - just cause i like them! ;)

Squibble
12-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Dan, Benry and Sash - hope they are the next to go.

I may be in a small minority on this, but I actually like the way Sash has been playing the game. He's strategically minded. I'd be quite happy if either he or Fabio won.

I was intrigued by Sash's unsympathetic reaction when Na'Onka said she was the only African-American still in the game. Jeff Probst said something in pre-season interviews about Sash's having a big chip on his shoulder, and it could be that no matter how black he feels on the inside, people (Na'Onka, for example) judge him by his looks.

As for the others....

Holly: I'm not sure whether she has managed to pull herself together or is just experiencing a temporary bout of sanity. I wonder if her having such a foul mouth is going to hurt her husband's political career.
Jane: I thought I'd like her, but she's mean and nasty and crazy.
Chase: He doesn't seem to be getting a winner's edit, but I could be wrong. He's going to have to scramble to win.
Benry: :yawn: Even dirt squirrels are more entertaining.
Dan: :yawn: :yawn: Scout on the Vanuatu season had a bum knee too. At least she had some degree of social intelligence and game play and shrewd aperçus. Now that Na'Onka and Kelly S. are gone, he can't beat anyone at the Final.

genevieve
12-02-2010, 06:49 AM
I was intrigued by Sash's unsympathetic reaction when Na'Onka said she was the only African-American still in the game. Jeff Probst said something in pre-season interviews about Sash's having a big chip on his shoulder, and it could be that no matter how black he feels on the inside, people (Na'Onka, for example) judge him by his looks.

I hardly think that's an example of him having a "chip" on his shoulder - that was a pretty big dis by NaOnka.

victoria - Russell was a very good player - but he was definitely unlikeable. Playing hard is not the same thing as likeability, and in two seasons of getting to the finals he didn't receive a single vote for the million, because everyone in the game hated him. His strategy was sound and he should have won (especially his first season). His personality managed to overcome his game play though. And really - even though I rooted for him and what he brought to the game, I would never ever want to spend 30 seconds in a room with him.

ETA: Holly has a foul mouth?

victoriajh
12-02-2010, 07:00 AM
victoria - Russell was a very good player - but he was definitely unlikeable. Playing hard is not the same thing as likeability, and in two seasons of getting to the finals he didn't receive a single vote for the million, because everyone in the game hated him. His strategy was sound and he should have won (especially his first season). His personality managed to overcome his game play though. And really - even though I rooted for him and what he brought to the game, I would never ever want to spend 30 seconds in a room with him.

it is not called \friends\ people!! lol- but I hear what you are saying on the you need the jury to respect the game you play- i cant put my finger on why i liked russel and not naonka- i think russel was more exciting to watch and he just made it more entertaining ( plus finding all those immunity idols sans clues was pretty impressive!) they actually had to change the way they did it becasue of him!

i was kinda expecting a biger twist tonight- people have quit and gone out before- if they changed up with a jury meber THAT would have changed the game for me! ( i am just never satisfied am i!!_ lol)

Squibble
12-02-2010, 07:05 AM
I hardly think that's an example of him having a "chip" on his shoulder - that was a pretty big dis by NaOnka.

I agree with you. Jeff Probst's the one who thinks Sash has a chip on his shoulder, not me. I do think that Na'Onka touched a nerve, though, when she said that.

Holly has a foul mouth?

Totally. It wasn't on display in this episode, but it was in the previous one or the one before that.

Jayar
12-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Quitters get to play the damn game, and I still sit at home watching. I :wuzrobbed

zaphyre14
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I can see where the producers wouldn't want to just send the quitters home early, but I don't see why the two of them should get to sit on the jury. They should be sent to some other form of exile (preferable a low-amenites dump hotel) by themselves for the remaining 11 days, isolated from the rest of the cast and not paid for the time. There is no way they should be allowed to vote for the winner.

smurfy
12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
re the Russel-Na comparison
Russell did play hard. I loved it the first season, but his social game (or lack thereof) did him in. I did not enjoy him the second season, but he was playing.
Na - not sure if she was playing. She definitely did not have a big plan coming in like Russell did.

Also Na's comment and Sash's reaction - I felt bad for him.
Sash - not sure how I feel about him, but I think it is the editing.
There is still lots to go, and I guess the editing is not that good this season because it was probably so hard to figure out what to do. This is by far the strangest season evah!

dupa
12-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I loved to hate Russell, Na I just plain hate.

Jenny
12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
And Na'Onka must have had her charms, as people seemed to like her in spite of her wicked ways, but we never saw her charms, either.

Of all the things she's done, though, not giving up the reward was the worst. If I had been Holly, I'd have done it, too--and not just to be the mom, but because once you eat your hot dog, you have to go back to camp for 11 more days of a holey tarp and no rice. But Holly could really have used a couple of hot dogs; she looks like death.

The story editing on this season continues to be the worst in the history of Survivor. It's clear that Na had some charm and likability by the way Chase and Holly comforted her, Brenda and Sash hung out with her, etc. And yet, all we ever saw is her crazy side, and abundant evidence that her tribe should have hated her. There was no effort to even flush out her Idol!

As for giving up the reward, I do think Holly made a good move, although I think she did it for mothering reasons more than anything. I also think that Chase might have stepped forward - he's in good shape and didn't need this reward. I don't blame Benry - he's the one who worked his ass off and won it for the team.

Back in episode 2 when Holly put Dan's shoes and the water and BSC Na appeared.... I would never have guessed that Holly would be a strong person and Na would leave the way she did.

More crappy story editing - they should have just left out Holly's shoe incident, but amateurish choices had them put it in for laughs. The issue is that viewers have not forgotten it, and it makes trying to understand the Holly we see now frustrating.

I don't know if it was editing or I misheard it, but it didn't sound like Jeff gave Dan the option of giving it up. It sounded like he only named the 4 people who participated as candidates for the "hero" award.

This is how I heard it too.

Respectfully disagree with you, as I have since Russell first graced our screens. :lol:

It's true his tribemates never threw him a vote - but America did. TWICE. That alone says that while some may place him the "most unlikeable," many others would disagree entirely.

I'm not saying I'd like to be friends with the guy, but I would say that I'd rather have a beer with him than most of the others who have played this game.

I may be in a small minority on this, but I actually like the way Sash has been playing the game. He's strategically minded. I'd be quite happy if either he or Fabio won.

Again though, the editing is preventing us from really appreciating Sash's game. First they positioned him as Brenda's lieutenant, with only the one brazen move of getting the Idol from Marty to give us any sense of his own abilities.

Even last night, they showed us that he was the only one who would be at a disadvantage if Kelly and Na left, and yet they showed everybody BUT him trying to get them to stay.

Also, I didn't realize he was part African American - what did he ever do to Na to deserve that?

There is no way they should be allowed to vote for the winner.

This is my beef - I don't care about the pay, but there's no way these two losers should have any say in who wins the game. It's technically not even a problem, because they would have ended up with a jury of 7 instead of 9, which is better anyway. It's a disservice to the remaining players, the other jury members, and to viewers.

I was REALLY annoyed at Jeff's bending over backwards to try and get them to stay - even that extended pep talk before the reward challenge was nauseating. It was SOOO obvious that the producers were scrambling on how to fill a season that will now be one ep short, and to save face on their terrible casting.

Na I can see as she's interesting and mouthy and was likely to provide some drama, which she did. But Kelly??? Zero respect for all the viewers out there who wish they could play the game casting this complete and utter loser who not only contributed nothing to the game or the show, but who actually took up chunks of air time that could have been far better spent.

But then again, the storytelling has been so lazy this season that all the story producers should be fired immediately. All season, we have had segments that go on far too long, suggesting they are too lazy to do a more precise cut and add additional scenes, and reaffirming their inability to develop this season's characters and storylines properly.

It wasn't enough that we got 20 confessionals of loser Kelly whining, then a labouriously long scene of Holly trying to pep talk her, but then we had to hear Holly tell the same damn Jimmy J story AGAIN at TC. :wall:

Meanwhile, they left out some crucial points of timing: if this all happened the day after Brenda's boot, and of course there was no immunity challenge, then it seems that Jeff called a special TC to deal with the quitters. Why didn't they say so? Instead, we're left wondering why Jane was wearing an immunity necklace at TC - since when are they good for two TCs??

:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

As for the rest of them:

Benry is not likable, but he's playing a good game and deserves to be there.
Jane puts me off. I admire her strength and determination, and she did have wise words at TC, but otherwise I find her petty and smallminded, and one of the last people I'd want to have a beer with, :lol:
Holly is an interesting character, even if the shoe incident remains unexplained. If she wins, she might actually be the first player ever to win on the "integrity" angle.
Chase is useless.
Sash might be a good player, but they're not letting us see it. He should be totally scrambling right now, but instead of giving us that aftermath, they only gave us one statement from him and then nothing else (too busy following Holly around and doing confessionals with Kelly no doubt).
Can't believe Dan is still there - he could easily make F3 now and given that he doesn't need the money, would likely be quite satisfied with that.

FABIO FOR THE WIN - he's smart, he's playing well, and he's a nice guy. :P

Sparks
12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe Holly flips out again...thus the shoe incident will make more sense? I know...I'm reaching a bit here.