PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

smurfy
11-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Enjoyed the episode even though it was telegraphed.
I like the word Smug for Brenda, arrogance is there too, but her smugness just bugged me.
I think by the end we will be happy with this season. So much has seemed odd, but slowly making sense.....
-not having much Kelly Purple, then last night, made it even funnier/sad
-Na - she is getting far, and if she was not on a our screen much in the beginning, we would not be wondering why is she still there.
-Dan - still there, bigger things to bring down.
-Holly - watch out for her, she now has a good argument for the final tc, if the editing is correct in that it was her idea to oust Brenda
-Fabio - I really want him to be playing dumb and win, just too funny if it happens
-Jane - Marty was right, they should get rid of her, if she makes the final, why would it not be x-0 vote??
-Dan/Jane/Holly/Fab may be safe for awhile, as the young ones eat there own....
Na - seems to make herself a target
Chase - wants Benry gone
Sash - was with Brenda
Dan/jane/Holly/Fab - should just be quiet, or nudge towards voting out that another dislikes.

Eden
11-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Survivor is a game where you can't be too confident of your status as a leader. Both Marty and Branda thouhgt that they were in total control of the game. I'm pretty sure that now, after they both were voted out, they found out that reality bites. :P

PeterG
11-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Brenda knew the numbers were against her, so there was no need to scramble.

Brenda and Sash knew that his giving Brenda the idol would only paint a bullseye on his back and then the next two weeks they would be targetted and voted out.

Sash and Chase both knew they did not have the numbers and both voted Brenda out so as to go along with the numbers, not ruffle feathers and not put more of a target on their backs.

And Brenda smug? Is Jane not appearing on any of your screens? :confused:

Sparks
11-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Jane is exuberant, not smug - imo.
I enjoyed this episode. I'm sorry I missed last week when marty got the boot.

Prancer
11-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Jane is exuberant, not smug - imo.
I enjoyed this episode. I'm sorry I missed last week when marty got the boot.

If you're in the US, you can watch it on the CBS Survivor site.

genevieve
11-19-2010, 04:40 AM
Brenda knew the numbers were against her, so there was no need to scramble.
I haven't watched any extended scenes or Brenda's interview, but from the editing I would say Brenda did not scramble because she expected to have the idol.

Haven't we seen time and time again that the group target can change based on the person hustling? even when the odds seem insurmountable? It's stupid to not even try, especially when your alliance has an idol.

Brenda and Sash knew that his giving Brenda the idol would only paint a bullseye on his back and then the next two weeks they would be targetted and voted out.
I think SASH knew that - I don't think Brenda got the memo on it.

And Brenda smug? Is Jane not appearing on any of your screens? :confused:
I can see Jane rubbing people the wrong way - but smug??? No way. Brenda was the epitome of smug.

PeterG
11-19-2010, 05:54 AM
If Brenda was the epitome of smug, what was Russell? :lol:

genevieve
11-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Unbearable! Megalomaniac :lol:

PeterG
11-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Unbearable! Megalomaniac :lol:

:rofl:

(I wish I was drinking something when I read your response so that I could justify purchasing a new computer monitor...!)

walei
11-19-2010, 07:17 AM
According to Brenda's interview on Reality News Online, she decided not to scramble not because of her pride but because at that point Chase and Sash already said they need to watch out for themselves. Brenda tried to win them back first by not scrambling and not talking to Holly/Jane to show Chase/Sash that she is still with them till the end... but didn't work. Even till the end when NaOnka was targeting Brenda, she didn't out her having one of the HII...but she did gave people a hint on her ballot.

Brenda did say though she underestimated people and it was a lesson learned for her.

Jane is sounding like a biotch now...after reading Brenda's interview.

sk8pics
11-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I actually liked Brenda although yeah, she could be arrogant. I was hoping (but not expecting) that Sash would give her the idol and she'd play it and they'd blindside Na. That would have thrown the tribe into an uproar and also gotten both HII's out of play. Yes, Sash and Brenda would have had targets on them but they might have been able to work through it. There seems to be quite a few players that don't know what's going on and keep changing their minds.

I still do not like Jane, and I do find her arrogant. Her exuberance, to me, has a mean streak to it, as in TAKE THAT! I can understand it, but I just don't like her. She did totally rock that challenge, though!

I was also surprised there wasn't more :drama: about the fire and the loss of so much food. I mean, they made a big thing of it in the preview and then.... nothing much, really. I'm surprised there wasn't any :lynch: over whoever's dumb idea it was to put all that fuel for the fire right around it. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

victorskid
12-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Well, well - interesting episode tonight!! Who could have predicted that?

rjblue
12-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Ahhhh....now the editing of Purple Kelly makes sense. Jeff et al would have no respect for her, and since they couldn't edit her as a bad guy, they just left her out of as much of the show as they could. And Naonka made herself the most unlikeable person ever to be on the show, so they weren't doing her any favours by showing her a lot. What a pair of twits.

Prancer
12-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Ahhhh....now the editing of Purple Kelly makes sense. Jeff et al would have no respect for her, and since they couldn't edit her as a bad guy, they just left her out of as much of the show as they could.

Yup. The few times they did show her, she didn't exactly impress. And Na'Onka must have had her charms, as people seemed to like her in spite of her wicked ways, but we never saw her charms, either.

Of all the things she's done, though, not giving up the reward was the worst. If I had been Holly, I'd have done it, too--and not just to be the mom, but because once you eat your hot dog, you have to go back to camp for 11 more days of a holey tarp and no rice. But Holly could really have used a couple of hot dogs; she looks like death.

Which brings us to the WORST product placement in the history of Survivor. And that's saying something. I realize that there wasn't much to show, since the Reward Challenge took place the day after Brenda's boot, but really!

sk8er1964
12-02-2010, 03:57 AM
I wish they had done a twist to allow the jury to replace Purple Kelly and Na. They could have had a double elimination or something to get the numbers back on track next week.