PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Jenny
10-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Only two of those three objectives were possible to acheive. They were successful with one and set things in motion quite well for the second to occur....

If they had voted out Marty, two objectives achieved - Marty's gone, and the Idol is gone. And, getting rid of Kelly B would still be easy, because they would have had the numbers to do it.

Sure, if they merge in the next few days she had Alina, but that's it - joining the older tribe is barely an option as their numbers are way down.

Marty OTOH is clearly playing hard, and won't take this lying down. And, he still has the Idol, meaning it will take at least two TCs to get rid of him, and he will likely make the merge.

smurfy
10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Just had a duh moment.
Kudos to Brenda for trying to flush out the II.
How many seasons have we seen no one try do that!
Yes Jenny - the should watch out for Marty. As much as he is playing and thinks he is smart, to me it seems like his getting mad from this TC will cause him to be voted out.
I hope Fabio is just playing dumb, there is something likeable about him, and if he is playing everybody, and makes it to the end, FTC would be a hoot.

Jenny
10-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Agree Marty is playing way too aggressively, but he also forced Brenda's hand, revealing her as the clear leader of the other side and putting a target on her back. It's possible he could convince a few people that like Kelly B, they are only in her alliance as long as she needs them, and maybe it would be a good idea to take her out sooner than later ... and that would effectively cut off the head of the monster, before merge if he can pull it off.

As for Fabio, yes it could be fun at final TC - imagine if he suddenly put on a pair of glasses and started talking like a college professor about his strategy. THAT I would like to see.

Squibble
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Jud ("Fabio") is no dope.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/article_5fd2752c-3a14-55a7-87f5-bdf4795ebc8a.html

He is apparently an undergraduate at UCLA, "studying communications and world art and culture, aiming to specialize in ethnomusicology." :respec:

Jeff Clarke of Mother Model Management in Dardenne Prairie, which discovered Birza at a high school career day and still represents him, sees another advantage.

"Jud is one of the most adaptable, easygoing guys we work with," Clarke says. "We believe he will do amazing on 'Survivor.' He's not someone you ever want to underestimate."

"('Survivor') was definitely a positive experience," Birza says. "I knew I'd be pushed to my limits, and I was. I experienced so much, did so many things I'd never done before, that it was really rewarding. It was also a learning experience to be with all the other players. They're all very different people.

"I definitely grew a lot," Birza says of his stay in the jungle. "And now I can write in a college essay about things like leadership and group dynamics that I learned there. 'Survivor' taught me things I can tie into any experience in life."

Jud reminds me of a few guys I've known who project a surfer-dude image but turn out to be very observant, socially aware, and all-around sharp cookies. He doesn't appear to be getting the winner's edit (That preview! :yikes:), but I wouldn't count him out of running away with the Final Tribal Council just yet.

:watch:

Jenny
10-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for sharing Squibble. Fabio is reminding me a little of Hayden on BB this summer, who many thought and continue to think was a dopey airhead, but he won the game - and IMO it was with strategy, smarts and a great social game, not by luck. If the rumour that Hayden was originally supposed to be on Survivor this season is true, I can see why they didn't want to cast him and Fabio in the same season.

Although I'd rather see Hayden play than most of the Survivors this season.

Prancer
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
See, if that's the case, then it's even more annoying. The storytelling this season is far too choppy.

As near as I can tell, they have chosen to focus on certain story arcs and make everything else fit (or not) into those arcs. I think they've always done that, but either they aren't as good at it as they used to be or they're really cutting into things that are critical to developments and figuring no one will notice.

They showed Marty mouthing to Jane to vote out Brenda in round 1 voting after Brenda targeted Marty in TC. Unless Marty was messing with Jane or trying to figure out where she would land?

Marty seemed completely unaware that Jane was voting with the younger ones, and the fact that she mouthed "Brenda?" back and kind of nodded indicates to me that she wants him to think just that.

With so little shown of Kelly B (but more than Kelly purple)- was that some political correctness or just sloppying editing.

I believe that Kelly B is really quiet and mostly kept to herself after Shannon's boot. She's not a particularly live wire and she never connected with Brenda's group; I suspect she's more like the older tribe--a very disciplined and focused woman. There are some hints that CBS kinda played up the leg thing a lot when that wasn't really a big issue for anyone but Na'Onka, so there may be some PC-ness to it all, too.

genevieve
10-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Just saw the ep. Interesting stuff but plenty of really idiotic moments from several players.

Dan: I wanted to reach in my laptop and strangle him when he said (apparently the morning after the last vote) that he was ready to leave. it's one thing when someone wants to leave but the tribe refuses to vote them out for strategic purposes, but it seems like the only time Dan doesn't want to go home is when a vote is on the line. That said, the guy is smooth in TC and knows how to work it.

Holly: When your alliance is down only 3/4, why just lie down and say "tell me how to vote"?!? I do think she's crazy like a fox and could very well get to the final. She's such a wildcard that she's entertaining, but some of her choices are a combo of :huh: and :wall:

Yve: WHAT AN IDIOT. She rightfully earned her way out of the game by putting forth her relationships with the other original Espadas. without that I think she had a very good chance of swaying NaOnka and Alina.

Brenda is smart but I am hoping someone lays her plans to waste. I don't like her one bit. This ep made me root for Marty :scream:. It was unnecessary for her to toss the Marty/Jill voting for Jane bit - I'm assuming it was only to get Marty to use the HII. I was very glad he ended up not. I only wish he'd somehow been able to get Fabio to vote for Brenda as well so the revote would be between her and Kelly B.

Marty did not react well to Brenda attack out of left field, but he did see it for what it was, and he did the right thing. Hope the preview is a ringer and he tells Sash to stuff it next week.

I love Jane.

smurfy
10-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Just watched 10/27 episode. I am amused, but still wondering what is going on this season.
Fabio - peeing during the challenge - enforcing his dumbness or just an idiot?
Jill - what a disappointment! Knowing she was an er doc, I guess I had a bias thinking, wow someone who is smart and sees lots of stuff, could be a good player. What a follower. Glad she is gone.
Jill - just love her little private barbecue - good for her, you go girl! Marty and Jill seemed to ignore her initially, then take her for granted post merge.
Brenda & Sash et all - interesting to not vote off Marty. They don't have a a mad Marty or Jill now for the next cycle, and they got the II, instead of having it used/or just voted out. Great move.... but then
Sash - oops, slip of the tongue. Preview of things to come, get rid of Marty, then the infighting begins, and hopefully that means Jane will be safe for awhile.
Oh and Kelly Purple actually speaks!!!
Na was kept to a minimum, what a treat, but she is still there.

purple skates
10-28-2010, 03:49 AM
JFabio - peeing during the challenge - enforcing his dumbness or just an idiot?

After the Freud discussion at Tribal, not so sure.....although I am sure I still want him around. He's fun.

Brenda & Sash et all - interesting to not vote off Marty. They don't have a a mad Marty or Jill now for the next cycle, and they got the II, instead of having it used/or just voted out. Great move.... but then
Sash - oops, slip of the tongue. Preview of things to come, get rid of Marty, then the infighting begins, and hopefully that means Jane will be safe for awhile.

Didn't the preview say merge next week? That's a whole different ballgame for Marty. Also, didn't Sash say if Marty wasn't voted off in the next tribal that he'd (Sash) give the idol back to Marty? Wonder how that will play out, if it does at all.

genevieve
10-28-2010, 05:05 AM
wow, I just can't see the benefit to Marty to having given Sash the HII. Marty wasn't going to have the HII after this week anyway, but now the other alliance has it. Hopefully Marty can exploit Sash's little Freudian slip, but even if Marty could pull that off, the merge will complicate things. Or maybe make things easier if NaOnka pulls the batshit as promised.

I love Jane and I'm starting to appreciate Fabio, but I sure wish they'd get over the Sash and Brenda club.

Tinami Amori
10-28-2010, 08:19 AM
I don’t understand why Marty gave up the Idol. He reduced his chances to gain time before the merge.

Ok, he did not know there is a merge in the next segment, but the merge was expected to take place soon. Marty’s goal is to survive into the merge.

If he kept the Idle, he knew to use and give it up after the vote, but would remain in the tribe for another segment. During next Immunity Challenge he would have 50/50 chances that his tribe would win Immunity. So that might have given him another segment to last before the merge.

So if he kept the idle, he was guaranteed 1 more segment, and 50/50 chance to go into the segment after that.

When he gave up the Idol – he was down to 50/50 in this segment, risking that the Youngs have tricked him and all voting him out.

I hope Jane killed the fish with the knife first and did not put the still living breathing creature right on the fire....

Prancer
10-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't get why Marty figured it was better to give the idol to Sash than Jeff.

Let's say that the vote had gone according to the plan and Marty would have been out if he hadn't played his idol. Okay; he plays his idol and he stays in three more days. The idol is gone. That's not good for Marty, but it's as good as it gets.

But now SASH has the idol. What on earth makes Marty think that this is the better option? Does he really think Sash is going to give it back to him? Why? It has been clear from the switch that he and Jill were going to go and that Brenda and SASH were the ones planning the order. And now he's not only exposed, which he would have been anyway, but he handed all that power over to the person who wants to vote him out.

Jeff said in his first blog of this season that Marty thinks he knows how to play this game, but absolutely doesn't, and I can see why he said that.

orbitz
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Fabio - peeing during the challenge - enforcing his dumbness or just an idiot?

A major reason not to use public swimming pool.

purple skates
10-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't get why Marty figured it was better to give the idol to Sash than Jeff.

Let's say that the vote had gone according to the plan and Marty would have been out if he hadn't played his idol. Okay; he plays his idol and he stays in three more days. The idol is gone. That's not good for Marty, but it's as good as it gets.

But now SASH has the idol. What on earth makes Marty think that this is the better option? Does he really think Sash is going to give it back to him? Why? It has been clear from the switch that he and Jill were going to go and that Brenda and SASH were the ones planning the order. And now he's not only exposed, which he would have been anyway, but he handed all that power over to the person who wants to vote him out.

Jeff said in his first blog of this season that Marty thinks he knows how to play this game, but absolutely doesn't, and I can see why he said that.

On the flip side, though, what did he really have to lose? The idol was going to be useless to him after that night anyway, because he knew he would have to play it. (Of course, he did have to trust that Sash et al wouldn't go back on their word and vote him out that night.) If they did not end up merging for the next tribal, he was going to be out whether or not he had kept the idol. This way there's an outside chance in the three days that he can work on Sash to get Jane voted out instead, or better yet get a merge - he knew it was coming soon. Sash having the idol after the merge doesn't seem to be any big deal to Marty, and if Sash does live up to his promise than he gets it back. If Sash doesn't live up to his promise, then he can hopefully use that against him.

Jenny
11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
The story editing sucks this season.

ETA: for those who visit SurvivorSucks and other hardcore fan sites, what's the mood this season? Have they noticed the same issues we have? Or since they are all likely spoiled and know the outcome, maybe they are less confused than some of us here are.