PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

sk8er1964
10-21-2010, 04:19 AM
I am so confused. Why is Marty still there? Who voted for Kelly B?

marbri
10-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Been wondering myself why it went that way. He couldn't play the idol on the second vote so maybe they chose to keep Marty so they would know who had the idol?

We heard them planning a tie vote between Marty and KellyB but never what would happen in the case where Marty doesn't use the idol. Maybe they decided if it goes to a second vote to dump KellyB (she was never part of their group so it helps them in the merge) and they can just tell Marty the plan was always to vote out KellyB but they wanted him to worry to get rid of the idol. Then tell him he's too clever for them and that he outwitted them, shake his hand, congratulate him and leave Marty to his ego. They have a chance at bringing Marty around, they would never have a chance with KellyB.

That's all I can come up with :D

Eden
10-21-2010, 04:43 AM
I am so confused. Why is Marty still there? Who voted for Kelly B?

Almost everyone in the second round.
They didn't want her to get to the Finals because of the symathy votes, and they also thought Marty will use the immunity idol.

Fridge_Break
10-21-2010, 04:53 AM
I have a feeling that Holly is going to make it very far in the game. Just a hunch I've been getting based on her meltdown turnaround, and the facetime she has gotten.

Also, has Purple Kelly spoken a single word this season?

Prancer
10-21-2010, 05:05 AM

Who? Oh, you mean the girl who kept putting her face in her hands at the prospect of food? I thought she might have been a hungry crew member, given that she doesn't seem to be part of the actual cast.

It was nice to see Sash; I was beginning to think he had been eaten by a shark or something. And it was really nice to see the yellow tribe working out what to do at tribal for a change, since the other tribe seems to have the same discussion every time--should we boot Dan or The Other Person? At this rate, Dan is going to limp into the final three because no one sees him as a threat. And then he won't win because he's always talking about his fleet of expensive cars and his 30 homes.

I thought Brenda had Marty. I am still surprised he didn't pull out that HII. I would have panicked and whipped that puppy out. And I would have been wrong and lost my HII. But that might not be the worst way to lose it--it will be interesting to see if Sash cons Marty out of it next week.

Yve is a big Survivor fan and she really wanted to be part of it all. Too bad she didn't last a little longer. She showed potential in her ONE night on the show.

Squibble
10-21-2010, 06:26 AM

Who? Oh, you mean the girl who kept putting her face in her hands at the prospect of food? I thought she might have been a hungry crew member, given that she doesn't seem to be part of the actual cast.

Haven't you noticed? It's a Survivor gimmick. They flash pictures of a blonde woman named Kelly at the beginning of the show (the same woman every season, if memory serves), have Probst cunningly drop her name a few times in the challenges before the merge, and never give her actual air time. Africa, Gabon, Samoa, Nicaragua....

:sekret:

Jenny
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
I really hope they give us some explanation next week on how the main target went from Marty to Kelly B. According to the summary on cbs.com, Kelly got 5 votes and Marty got 1. There's no video of TC voting, either first or second round, yet.

As for Kelly purple, who had a few long shots at TC but was otherwise completely invisible as usual, I don't recall ever seeing comment at TC or a confessional all season. Hubby thinks the producers must hate her and have cut her out of the show. I swear though, if she makes it to F5 or 6, I'm going to be pissed.

Bostonfan
10-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I have to admit that I LOL when Marty said he could make reference to anything from the 1970's and the young ones wouldn't know any better. It made me laugh because I suspect you could pull something out from the 1990s or 2k and Fabio still wouldn't know any better. :)

Prancer
10-21-2010, 02:27 PM
I really hope they give us some explanation next week on how the main target went from Marty to Kelly B.

This is from the person who is spoiling this season (and the last two) on Sucks, who must be a CBS employee because the level of detail in the spoilage is quite :eek:, plus he keeps asking things like "Do you think spoiling makes the ratings go up or down?" and a few times has mentioned that CBS has been monitoring all the posts and occasionally requested that something be held back.

But anyway, I don't think this gives away anything else about the season (I took out one little thing), so I'm not going to block it out:

The bottom line on the Marty non-boot is this. It might not make sense to you, but it is what it is. They felt that even with the idol, they would get Marty and Jill out, one by one. The idol was gonna be used and you get one, then you get the other. They wanted Kelly B out because they felt if she made the merge she could possibly hook back up with Alina and whomever she had made contacts with. They did not show how much Kelly B annoyed them around camp, sorry, and they did not show how much Kelly B followed Brenda around that entire day with questions all day about who was going home. She had become an annoyance to the other LaFlor players and they also felt if she stuck around with her and Jane having a N.C. connection, they could eventually hook up also. So, it might not make sense to us . . . but to them, it made sense at the time, that night.

The same person said earlier that the yellow tribe had talked about the possibility of a tribal swap before it happened and the alliance had agreed to get rid of Kelly B at the first opportunity and then deal with whatever else happened, so I think Kelly B was really their main target all along. If Marty had gone instead, oh, well. If he had played his idol AND Kelly B had gone home, it would have been perfect.

Jenny
10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
See, if that's the case, then it's even more annoying. The storytelling this season is far too choppy.

We were set up for the TC being about a) whether Marty uses the idol, so when he didn't, that was huge - but of course they neglected to tell us if the idol was an option in the second round, so it was quite hard to follow along with the "what should he do" game at home; and b) the secondary story of whether or not Marty successfully recruited Fabio - and even there, it remained mysterious as to who Marty was going to tell him to vote for.

Sure, we've known all along they wanted Kelly B out, but given the way they edited the rest of the show - and TC - that came out of nowhere. I'm all for suspense and surprise, but there also needs to be the satisfaction afterward that the viewer either saw it coming, or at least understands what happened.

As I said, hopefully we'll get some closure next week - because is it possible that Marty didn't play the idol because he was quite sure that Kelly B was the target? Was that the name he was going to tell Jill and Fabio? It makes a big difference - because if this was the case, then he's brilliant. If not, then he's just plain lucky.

As for Brenda, what was her logic? We know she wanted them both out, but we also know she wanted that idol gone - that's three objectives for TC, and she could have achieved two of them, but chose to achieve only one. Why?

orbitz
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't understand why Brenda felt the need to openly draw the line in the sand against Marty during TC. Now she and Marty will have claws flying at each other back at camp until one of them goes home.

Anyone with an obvious physical handicap should think twice about being on Survivor. Everyone will assume you'll get the sympathy vote if you make it to the end, so people will kick you off asap.

Sparks
10-21-2010, 04:21 PM
After reading Prancer's post I see it this way:
Kelly B. was a lot more annoying around camp than we saw and she was a target from the beginning. They set up Marty (with Brenda's :argue: and all) to flush out the idol with no real intent of voting him out. The editing is such that they are "trying" to set up surprises for the viewer. :rolleyes:

smurfy
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I am finding this season really confusing, and I think it is the editing!
In a way I can see that Kelly B was the target, but one thing then stands out.
They showed Marty mouthing to Jane to vote out Brenda in round 1 voting after Brenda targeted Marty in TC. Unless Marty was messing with Jane or trying to figure out where she would land?
With so little shown of Kelly B (but more than Kelly purple)- was that some political correctness or just sloppying editing.
Fabio - oh you are the dimwit I first thought, darn!
Marty annoys, but love his logic for fooling Fabio.
Jill - still seems too passive.
But loved that 2 women over 40 won the individual immunity!
So is everyone planning on taking Dan to the end for an easy win?
Brenda - has seemed a little under the radar but still knowing she was playing hard (again editing), but not so much now after this TC. She is playing well, but she is a dangerous one to take to the end. She can easily talk about her accomplishments and deserve the win.

Jenny
10-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm still not convinced that Fabio is all that dumb. I couldn't have refuted that lie, and I lived through the 70s!

The way I see it, he's in a pretty good position in that he has friends on both sides of his tribe, and no one sees him as a threat. I do believe he's using his surfer dude exterior (which may be quite real) to get everyone to tell him stuff, which I think they are, without him having to give up much himself. And, when it came down to it, he didn't go with Marty's plan - he did the smart thing and went with the majority, without losing Marty in the process.

PeterG
10-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Kelly B. thought she was safe going into Tribal Council. Once she saw that she was tied for having the most votes for eviction, the others knew they could not keep her around. She would be angry and vengeful and could attempt to join the older three, separating the tribe into a four vs. four voting blocks.

The young ones couldn't let that happen. They voted out Kelly B. and kept their numbers strong. Four vs. three. (Five vs. two if Jane remains loyal to them.)

Kelly B. had to go over Marty...she could have become too much of a wildcard.

As for Brenda, what was her logic? We know she wanted them both out, but we also know she wanted that idol gone - that's three objectives for TC, and she could have achieved two of them, but chose to achieve only one. Why?

Only two of those three objectives were possible to acheive. They were successful with one and set things in motion quite well for the second to occur....

I don't understand why Brenda felt the need to openly draw the line in the sand against Marty during TC. Now she and Marty will have claws flying at each other back at camp until one of them goes home.

...perfect move, Brenda! Now Marty knows he is in danger. Now Marty thinks he needs to use the immunity idol more than ever before. Great situation to flush out the immunity idol and be done with it.