PDA

View Full Version : And The Worst Hambuger Is....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rex
09-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Drum roll.............................................. .

McDonald's?

The basic burger was one 3.5-ounce patty with pickle slices, bits of chopped raw onion, and a dab of ketchup and mustard, served on a lightly browned bun. The meat tasted mild and more greasy than beefy. It was easier to bite through than the Five Guys patty and was uniformly round and brownish-gray. The major flavor came from the toppings. The bun was airy and bland. The more expensive their burgers are, the better they taste, tis true....

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/428/best-burgers/ I miss Carl's Jr. and Hardees.....they don't have them in PA, or not in Philly at least. I cannot believe Checkers isn't on here :mad:.

Discuss.

skipaway
09-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I love Backyard Burgers. They got a pretty good rating

Rex
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Fuddrucker's is great to IMO, but none are near me....and I must say, the mom & pop places downtown are awful.

Flamers makes great ones as well.

Spareoom
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm here to verify the amazingness of the In-in-Out burger (and they're CHEAP, too). I lived in Cali up until three years ago, and boy do I miss them. It's a testament to In-in-Out that their burger ranked highest along with a national chain even though they only have restaurants in four states.

I think White Castle burgers are nastier than Miccy D's, and that's saying lot.

Fergus
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
All-American Burger in Massapequa (AKA "Home of the Baldwin Bros"). During summer, the line is around the block and up the street. Double cheeseburger with onion rings and a shake, mmmmmm. SO worth the schlep. ;)

Bostonfan
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I just tried a "5 Guys" burger for the 1st time last week and was hooked!

Fozzie Bear
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Five Guys' bacon cheeseburgers are awesome (even if heart-attack inducing)! As far as fast food goes, Checker's burgers are pretty good. McDonald's are absolutely pathetic.

Really
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Now I want a burger!

KikiSashaFan
09-11-2010, 10:47 PM
When I was in HS I worked at a McDonalds and we used to have this one guy come in all the time and order Big Macs, but instead of the middle bun, he would get a McChicken patty. *Insert vomit icon here*

DickButtonFan
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Always thought mcd's burgers sucked, so glad this has now been confirmed.

The best ones are at burger king or applebees. :)

pat c
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
A&W

that is all. :)

No no, I mean A&W is the best.

Jenna
09-11-2010, 11:20 PM
McDonald's definitely is not the best. IMO, they are palatable and fairly tasty when in a rush. They can't compare though to Wendy's and my personal favorite, Burger King. I love a good whopper. :swoon:

Five Guys is awesome too.

Rex
09-11-2010, 11:47 PM
I think White Castle burgers are nastier than Miccy D's, and that's saying lot.

My Aunt Phyllis (the Vanessa Williams of Semi-Hos) thinks White Castle is the best.....I was not impressed when I tried them in AC.

I just tried a "5 Guys" burger for the 1st time last week and was hooked!

I also lurve their fries.....our locan In&Out closed, mainly 'cause Five Guys was up the street and outsold them 2-1.

bardtoob
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Aren't Hardee's and Carl's Jr just different names for literally the same thing?

If I construct a Five Guy's Burger the same as an In-N-Out Burger, I would feel disappointed I did not have an In-N-Out Burger. However, all the extras available at Five Guy's make it worth it. Besides Five Guy's gives me motivation to eat a lower calorie meal because I will never eat their potato peel flavored fries ever again, although I love In-N-Out fries, especially well done fries.

Nomad
09-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I nominate the British version of the hamburger. "Wimpys" are ghastly.
There's a 5 Guys near my hairdresser's. I'll have to stop there and check it out.