PDA

View Full Version : And The Worst Hambuger Is....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

KikiSashaFan
09-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Red Robin for me. It's not fast food but it's DELICIOUS.

Yes. :swoon: The burgers are good and I'm so glad they put popcorn shrimp back on the menu.

Wiery
09-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I Love Ruby Tuesday's Bison Burger; don't love the whopping 79 grams of fat though... :yikes:

Jojo
09-15-2010, 03:01 AM
I work in the industry, and some colleagues and I are taking a trip down to the States in January to visit Pal's. Is anyone familiar with it? We're going because it's got a repulation as a really good burger place.

briancoogaert
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
The worst ? with omelette...

Rex
09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I Love Ruby Tuesday's Bison Burger; don't love the whopping 79 grams of fat though... :yikes:

Ruby Tuesday's makes excellent burgers.

Just about every burger joint I hit in Vancouver, BC had excellent burgers. And I loved how they always asked if you wanted a fries OR a salad with your burger. There is a hotel/restaurant chain there, whose name I cannot remember, but they made delicious burgers, some of the best I ever tasted. I was told that the beef came from central Canada. I want to live there.

The very worst burger I've had are the ones from the vending machines that serve hot food. I've seen them at several office buildings where I've worked. Awful things.

Dragonlady
09-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I loved the White Castle burgers we got at 4CC in Vancouver. We don't have White Castle in Ontario, but we do have Licks which makes excellent burgers. Of the major chains, Harvey's are the best.

But the BEST burgers in Toronto come from Mr. Greenjeans. Add their hand cut "Buffalo chips" (home made potato chips), are to die for. The meal wouldn't be complete without a chocolate almond crunch. Sort of an alcoholic milkshake made with Creme de Caccao..

MacDonalds burgers make me ill. Literally - nausea, diarhea, abdominal cramps. Always have.

Aaron W
09-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I've never been to Harvey's in Canada. Do they have decent burgers? As far as American burger chains are concerned, which one does Harvey's burgers most closely resemble?

KikiSashaFan
09-16-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't eat red meat, but the veggie burgers are good :shuffle: I do like that it's set up like Subway, where they make it to order as you tell them what to put on it.

manhn
09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Dragonlady, are you perhaps thinking of White SPOT? I am almost positive Vancouver doesn't have a White Castle. If I'm wrong, I know what I'll be eating tomorrow!

I tried a burger at Five Guys, which arrived here a few months ago. It is quite good. But I only got a "small" burger (as the "regular" burger has TWO patties!).

Vancouver has a lot of "gourmet" burger joints, but we don't have many of those places that I see on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (my favourite show!). The burgers in some of those episodes look sooooo good.

In terms of fast food, I like my whopper, but Dairy Queen (at least the one across the street from my high school) made some nice burgers.

Gypsy
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
I think it really depends on the management.

Our Culver's is terrible (really greasy), as is the Ruby Tuesdays (way too dry).

The place I love is a little local place called JT's. They also have the BEST onion rings I have ever had!

Dragonlady
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Dragonlady, are you perhaps thinking of White SPOT? I am almost positive Vancouver doesn't have a White Castle. If I'm wrong, I know what I'll be eating tomorrow!

Yes, White Spot. I knew White Castle sounded wrong somehow. Best burger I've ever had at the rink.

Aaron, the premium Harvey's burger is better than any of the American chains we have here: McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy's. They're thick, very nice flavour, charcoal broiled and finished to order at the counter. The plain burger is topped exactly to your specifications. My husband likes hot mustard and hot peppers, lots and lots of hot peppers. He stands there saying "More" until he's happy. I'm more traditional: mustard, relish, lettuce, tomato and onions.

Rex
09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
The former Mr. Rex thinks that Ted's Montana Grill makes awesome burgers AND onion rings. I dunno about the burgers, but I do lurve their rings. On our first date we went there for dinner, and we took the onion rings home. Some homeless guy was sitting out by the subway entrance, begging for change and stuff. Mr. Rex gave him the onion rings. The guy opened the container, saw what they were and said, "F**k that, I want me some f**kin' CHANGE! Y'all don't have change? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!". He then gave the onion rings back to Mike. And Mike took them home and ATE THEM!!! :scream:

sk8er1964
09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
I nominate the British version of the hamburger. "Wimpys" are ghastly.

They're still around? They were awful when I lived there back in the early 90's. You know a burger place is bad when it's right down the street from an American military base and the Americans refused to eat there. :lol:

sk8er1964
09-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I can eat a dozen White Castles in one sitting. :swoon:

I can't eat that many, but I do lurve them!

sk8er1964
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
To join the "best of" part of the conversation, Millers Bar (http://www.millersbar.com/)in Dearborn MI has fantastic burgers. :)