PDA

View Full Version : And The Worst Hambuger Is....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

PEKINGMOO
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm not a burger person, but the In-and-Out Burger I had somewhere in CA on my last tour was great. However, hands down best burger I've had has been the Smashburger from Dairy Cheer in Prestonsburg Kentucky.

duane
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Growing up in the 60's, it was a treat to go to McDonalds. Perhaps this is why I still love the hamburgers!

While living in Cali, I preferred FAT burgers over In-&-Out, but thought both were amazing.

ChelleC
09-13-2010, 04:22 AM
However, hands down best burger I've had has been the Smashburger from Dairy Cheer in Prestonsburg Kentucky.

I didn't mention Dairy Cheer, because I didn't think anyone else would recognize them. I love their burgers though. I like both the Prestonsburg and Pikeville locations.

Erica Lee
09-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Best burgers, hands down, come from Webers. Hwy 11 in Northern Ontario.

I don't like White Castle... but I only had it once, so I might give them a 2nd try sometime.

I don't mind McDonalds burgers. I order a double hamburger every once in a while. Cheap and I'm sure it's horrible for me, but generally predictable and tasty enough.

Harvey's is great. Wendy's is ok too. Guess there's not too many burgers I don't like :)

IceAlisa
09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Never had a White Castle burger but the White Diamond burgers are awesome. Iconic!

Hubby and I stopped by once on the way from a fancy NYC wedding, in tux and gown respectively in the wee hours of the morning. :P

LilJen
09-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Yech, these all sound revolting.

Red Robin for me. It's not fast food but it's DELICIOUS.

TreSk8sAZ
09-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Steak 'n Shake has wonderful, wonderful burgers. Maybe because they're a treat for me since I no longer live where there is one.

Fatburger is pretty good, Culver's and Wendy's are ok too.

I just simply don't understand the rage about In-N-Out. They seem kinda bland and just... well... normal, I guess. Maybe I'd heard way too much about how wonderful they were supposed to be before I had my first taste.

pilgrimsoul
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Depends what I'm in the mood for. I love 5 Guys' cheeseburgers w/mushrooms & steak sauce, Steak & Shake's patty melt, and Red Robin's mushroom/swiss burger.

BigB08822
09-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Oh, and another place that has great burgers but isn't as well known is Texas Burger.

PEKINGMOO
09-14-2010, 05:42 AM
I didn't mention Dairy Cheer, because I didn't think anyone else would recognize them. I love their burgers though. I like both the Prestonsburg and Pikeville locations.

I was stuck in Prestonsburg this summer as a member of a most unfortunate summerstock at Jenny Wiley Theatre. Needless to say Dairy Cheer and the Library (holding the gem Joan Crawford's My Way of Life) got me through the summer.

I tried both Prestonsburg and Pikeville burgers. IMO Prestonsburg's Smashburger was way better...and I love the mishmash 70's/80's decor. Also, the fries differed at both locations. Dairy Cheer seems to be a local chain in name only. I'm not sure if the 3rd location is still open.

Aaron W
09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
What - no Texans on the board?

WHATABURGER.

As far as chains are concerned, Whataburger is probably my favorite place to get a burger, though I'm also a fan of Five Guys and In-N-Out. I haven't lived in Texas for over 3.5 years, so unfortunately I haven't had one in quite some time. If I head back to Houston this winter to visit my friends there, I'll definitely have to stop by one for lunch (and maybe breakfast as well... I love their breakfast taquitos). :)

And for anyone in Texas, did you know that In-N-Out is expanding to the state? The west coast chain is opening up a meat processing plant in the state in order to ensure they can provide fresh beef every day. The first restaurant is scheduled to open later next year in the Dallas area.

ChelleC
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I was stuck in Prestonsburg this summer as a member of a most unfortunate summerstock at Jenny Wiley Theatre. Needless to say Dairy Cheer and the Library (holding the gem Joan Crawford's My Way of Life) got me through the summer.

I tried both Prestonsburg and Pikeville burgers. IMO Prestonsburg's Smashburger was way better...and I love the mishmash 70's/80's decor. Also, the fries differed at both locations. Dairy Cheer seems to be a local chain in name only. I'm not sure if the 3rd location is still open.

Dairy Cheer is definitely a local chain. The soft drink cups even say World Headquaters, Pikeville, KY. :lol:

I'm originally from Pikeville, and there's still two Dairy Cheers there. One on North Mayo Trail and one on South Mayo Trail.

You are so right about the decor, those restaurants haven't changed since I was a child back in the 80's.

Very interesting that you were at JWT, I've only been a couple of times. Did you eat at May Lodge too? That always seems to be one of the favorite places to eat after church on Sunday.

Artemis@BC
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Anyone else have an opinion on veggie burgers? I'm not a fast food kinda gal anyway, but sometimes in a pinch ... BK is the only ff chain that I know of that makes them. They're, um, edible. I wouldn't go much further than that.

But luckily there are so many good non-ff ones available.

BTW, I always thought the "worst burger" award went to that mythical one that used 2 Krispy Creme donuts as the "bun."

skatingfan5
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I never have really eaten burgers from any of the fast food chains -- and after seeing Food, Inc. I'm glad that I haven't had one in more than 20 years. The segment on BPI (Beef Products, Inc., which supplies nearly every fast food burger chain in the U.S.) and how it produces it's "product" (http://www.beefproducts.com/the_process/index.cfm) made me :scream: Still, I do now and then have a craving for a burger -- and IMO the best one in town is a local pub's Kobe burger (100% Kobe beef -- not a speck of BPI's "Boneless Lean Beef Trimmings" in them). :)

Habs
09-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Hubby and I went to Delux Burger for supper last night. He claims it's the best burger he's ever eaten. I don't eat hamburgers but I can confirm that Delux's tomato and 3-cheese grilled sandwich is :swoon: