PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for my brother, please

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

BigB08822
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Another update. His tests this morning show that his hemorrhage was absorbed and is no longer an issue. He will go back into surgery tomorrow for his leg again and to put a plate in his arm. Hopefully that will be his last surgery. He is being moved to a regular room today so no more ICU we hope! His diabetes is bad and so is his blood pressure, this wreck may have saved his life in the long run because he was not taking care of himself and he is only 25! I'm going to the doctor myself soon because I know my blood pressure it not right but so far no doctor will take me seriously because of my age.

NancyNC
09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Wow - just saw this and glad to hear he is improving. Sending prayers your way!

skatesindreams
09-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Adding my prayers and support to all those already here!

LadyGray
09-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Best wishes to your brother and to your family.

Gypsy
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Prayers & support to your brother, you and your family.

And get to the doctor soon!! Blood pressure is nothing to mess with.

I hate the fact you have to push so hard for some doctors to take thing seriously.

BigB08822
09-14-2010, 04:02 AM
My brother came out of his 2nd surgery tonight and did well. They did something again with his leg and then put a plate in his broken arm. They are glad they did that (it wasn't something they had to do) because it turns out the arm was broken worse than they thought. Hopefully he is done with surgery. They discovered that he chipped his pelvis but surgery is not required (or won't help) and it will have to heal on its own. It will delay recovery, unfortunately. He is in a regular room now. I can't wait to see him this weekend. I feel awful for not rushing home immediately. I had everyone telling me not to but I think I should have. I feel guilty that so many people are at the hospital and I am at home. I know there is nothing I could do there but I should just be there.

Orable
09-14-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm glad to hear he's doing well from the second surgery BigBo. I'm thinking of you & your family and praying for your brother's full recovery.

suep1963
09-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Glad to hear he's doing better.

There wasn't much you could have done by going home earlier, except having to leave again. He's in a regular room now, and will be more aware that you are there.

dbny
09-16-2010, 06:57 PM
So glad your brother is out of the ICU and in a regular room. I'm sure some people have been unable to keep up constant visitation, so it must have fallen off some by now. Your being there now will be a big boost for him.

Fozzie Bear
09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Wishing your brother a smooth recovery! He's lucky to have your support in this long process.

DarrellH
09-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Hoping for the best possible recovery for him. Moments like this can be life-changing. Hopefully he will walk through the other side of this, an improved person.

BigB08822
09-20-2010, 05:22 AM
This weekend I got to go home to see my brother. He was moved to a regular room and then to a room that is a part of the rehab ward. He began rehab yesterday and hopefully will be out of there in a day or so. They have to make sure he can get up and down without hurting himself and that he learns some exercises before they release him. He is looking really good and sounds like himself. Thanks to everyone for all their thoughts and prayers. He was so lucky and we can't wait for him to feel 100% again.

Wyliefan
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
:cheer2: Hallelujah! That's awesome news.

Cheylana
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Brian, I'm so sorry. Glad your brother will live, but those are tough injuries to have to recover from. :(

ChelleC
09-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm glad he is doing better, and you've been able to see him!