PDA

View Full Version : How to Behave During a Job Interview. Not!

Pages : 1 [2]

Auntie
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM
One of my husband's friends, who is actually a really bright and well spoken guy, said during an interview, "I communicate well orally and writtenly." :lol: :lol:

GarrAarghHrumph
09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I once interviewed where I had an acute attack of vertigo - and I mean an acute attack. I couldn't walk straight, when I went to shake hands of the interviewer and the head of the department, I missed their hands completely. Every time I turned my head to go back and forth to the interviewers I became more and more disoriented, trying to not vomit. I couldn't wait to leave the interview. And in my disorientation forgot the questions I had prepared for them about their expectations. As I left, I heard them say - "it is only 8:45 and she is this impaired"?

I was so embarassed and only want to leave that I never corrected the assumption.

I've had people come in for an interview and realize they were suddenly too ill to be there. Those who've told me that they were ill, I've rescheduled without prejudice.

While I'd imagine some employers might be less flexible, most are willing to do things in unusual circumstances. So - for others reading this - if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, stop the interview, tell them the basics of what's up (I'm sorry, I'm suddenly feeling very ill), and ask if you can call them to reschedule.

If they say yes, you're in great shape. If they say no, then you didn't want to work in such a place, anyway.

Karina1974
09-12-2010, 03:05 AM
:D :rofl: at #18.

:rolleyes: at #27 - She'd never cut it at my job. I carry tasks from my own original position as secretary, plus Accounts Receivable (I'm my boss's assistant in that dept. - she's the Credit Mgr. and her assistant left for another job back in April), while functioning as the company's receptionist, so being able to sluff off job stress is a must. When the Billing/Inventory or Accounts Payable clerks are absent I carry their jobs as well, and there were 2 days over the summer when they were both out, so I was performing tasks for a total of 5 different positions at that time.