PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga's Meat Dress Shoot

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

pixie cut
09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Did anyone see Kate Walsh's sushi dress on The Tonight Show last night? It was hilarious.

olympic
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Entertainment_News/Lady_Gaga_Delivers_DADT_Message_on_Video/

Despite any of her real or imagined flaws, this is why I prefer her to all the others in popland these days.

overedge
09-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Why would her talking about creating art make her think she is the only star to ever do so?

I didn't say she thinks she is the only star to ever create art. I said that her talking about creating art *makes her look like* she thinks she is the only star to have this brilliant idea.

igniculus
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
ITA.

Besides, people only think she is unique in her weirdness because the Army of Lovers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYT2aWavXlc) were so far back in the ninetees. At least they did it with style. :drama:

FunnyBut
09-18-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Entertainment_News/Lady_Gaga_Delivers_DADT_Message_on_Video/

Despite any of her real or imagined flaws, this is why I prefer her to all the others in popland these days.

A full two minutes of that video was spent on her calling her senator and waiting on the phone. All I could think was

'stop calling stop calling I don't wanna talk anymore! I left my head and my heart on the dance floor'. :rofl:

UGG
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I think she is an idiot and a freak. She is only a product of a clever marketing industry that realized that most pop idols look the same and that the scene needed a new face that sets itself apart. The problem is, she does not create art, whatever she does or makes makes people vomit indisgust. She is not normal and I'm stunned anybody believes she is original or inspirational. (that's why I'm so mad at Johnny too...)

I think its possible other people give her ideas, but I really don't think she is a "product" of marketing in the way someone like Britney Spears is. There is just no way she would be able to pull it off IMO. I mean can u imagine Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson trying to do something like this? Or other singer songwriters such as herself like Norah Jones or that girl who sang "5 thousand miles" or whatever that song was called? Even Christina Aguilera would have a hard time as she always seems to be tongue tied and confused when giving interviews about her projects. I agree a lot of what Lady gaga says is horse shit but I also believe a lot of what we see is actually her and not her doing what her marketing people tell her to. There is just no way she would be that comfortable.

olympic
09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
...I agree a lot of what Lady gaga says is horse shit but I also believe a lot of what we see is actually her and not her doing what her marketing people tell her to. There is just no way she would be that comfortable.

As an example, her people were trying to get her to release 'Dance in the Dark as the 3d single from her 'Fame Monster' album. But she insisted on 'Alejandro' and got it. Small example, but shows she is not wholly obedient to TPTB.

I also heard her talk about 'The Fame Monster' and how she was influenced by the industrial sounds coming out of Germany and Russia. To dovetail to your post, I don't see Spears, Simpson et al able to grasp concepts like that

Dr.Siouxs
09-20-2010, 07:20 PM
did they cook it afterwards?

UGG
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
As an example, her people were trying to get her to release 'Dance in the Dark as the 3d single from her 'Fame Monster' album. But she insisted on 'Alejandro' and got it. Small example, but shows she is not wholly obedient to TPTB.

I also heard her talk about 'The Fame Monster' and how she was influenced by the industrial sounds coming out of Germany and Russia. To dovetail to your post, I don't see Spears, Simpson et al able to grasp concepts like that

I know what interview you are talking about and that is exactly the interview I was thinking about when I was typing out my thoughts. She just sounded too comfortable and knowledgable and believable in what she was saying- by just sounding confident and giving examples about what she was talking about. That was actually the interview that made me a fan and understand her a little bit better.

Here is the first part of the interview. I think there are two or three parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiYM-OzG6yw

I do wish she released DITD instead of Alejandor though LOL. That was seriously the worst song on the album.

JerseySlore
09-20-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Lady Gaga is a talented musician, and she does look comfortable, as comfortable as wearing this (http://stylewithanna.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lady-gaga-red-lace-vma-outfit.jpg) can get.

I'm just ticked off when people claim she's original. The way I see it, she's a cross between Madonna and Bjork, borrowing their sensuality and primitive "oddball" quality, respectively. This is not a slight to her. After all, she pulls if off like no business! But the aforementioned two women and other past musicians have done literally everything, from coochie flashing to looking like an alien. The only "original" thing Lady Gaga has done is pretending to have a penis, but gender bending is nothing new in pop culture.

orbitz
10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Lady Gaga's Hair dress (http://scoop.todayshow.com/_news/2010/10/01/5213387-lady-gaga-ditches-meat-for-hair-dress)

equatorial
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Madonna did everything before gaga, that's why i find gaga boring.

Nope. Madonna is both a crappy singer and a horrible actress. Lady Gaga is good at both. Plus, Madonna has zero personality, she's all fake. Lady Gaga, on the other hand, oozes charisma. And I'm speaking as a non-fan :P

Ziggy
10-04-2010, 09:17 AM
What a waste of money... and meat.

And oxygen. :P

olympic
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
And oxygen. :P

Did you know that one of the few countries 'Alejandro' went to #1 was....wait for it....P-O-L-A-N-D ? :P

gladiatorqueen
10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I made a hair dress in art college. :-)