PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga's Meat Dress Shoot

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

mkats
09-15-2010, 05:01 AM
I'll only pop in to say that a dress made of raw meat is gross, but only because it'd smell REALLY weird by the end of the night. :lol:

This is EXACTLY what I thought :rofl: How did the headpiece stay on??

briancoogaert
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
This dress is spectacular ! It made laugh so hard !

Rex
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I really have a beef with this.

WindSpirit
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I really have a beef with this. I hope she has E.coli with this. :P

Rex
09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
I hope she has E.coli with this. :P

So that's why they call you "adMEANistrator"! :D

I am an omnivore, but the problem I have with this is the problem I have with Gaga in general (I don't dare call her a lady) - her attempts to publicize herself. Stuff like this, her outlandish costumes, blah, blah, blah. I think she'd sell tickets to her pap smear results if it got her name in print or her face on camera. She is so unsubtle and obvious.

But I wouldn't put raw meat on my person either - that is yucky.

overedge
09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Found a link to this on another site:
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=400591

This record might have been released even before Her Ladyness was born, but again maybe she's not as artistically groundbreaking as she thinks she is.

UGG
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I have never heard LG say personally that SHE is original. In fact, she always cites Madonna, Bowie, Grace Jones, and a few others as her inspirations. I think its the media as well as her young fans that do the "she is so original" thing. In fact, in one interview she said "I did not invent bangs and sunglasses".

But if you do compare her to the pop stars of the last 10 or so years-britney, Christina, Jessica Simpson, Katy Perry etc...she is very different from them and I think that is where the whole "original" urban legend started from. She is not conventionally pretty, she is sexual but I dont think she is trying to get guys horney like the other three, and she plays an instrument and writes and composes her own music. part of trying to shock people is just part of being a pop star these days. But instead of shocking with over the top sexuality like Madonna, Christina, britney, Katy Perry etc...she will just wear a meat dress. I can see how it annoys people but I just think its funny. perhaps others have done it before her, but its not typical of a pop star. Sadly in todays music world image is just as important as talent and if you are boring you can get left behind. Ask Avril Lavigne, Ashlee Simpson, and Michelle Branch LOL.

overedge
09-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I have never heard LG say personally that SHE is original. In fact, she always cites Madonna, Bowie, Grace Jones, and a few others as her inspirations. I think its the media as well as her young fans that do the "she is so original" thing. In fact, in one interview she said "I did not invent bangs and sunglasses".

True, but she does like to go on about "creating art" like she is the only musical star to ever incorporate artistic influences into what she does, or like her audience is too dense to recognize the art references in her work/image.

JerseySlore
09-16-2010, 02:09 AM
I'll only pop in to say that a dress made of raw meat is gross, but only because it'd smell REALLY weird by the end of the night. :lol:

Gaga is pretty talented, and I admire her devotion to being outlandish, because to summon up the energy to keep it up 24/7 sounds exhausting. :lol:

Which Bjork has done effortlessly and masterfully:saint:

cailuj365
09-16-2010, 02:35 AM
I think the only thing that would really shock me now about Lady Gaga is if she wore jeans.

El Rey
09-16-2010, 04:05 AM
I think the only thing that would really shock me now about Lady Gaga is if she wore jeans.

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/lady-gaga-doing-normal-things

cailuj365
09-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/lady-gaga-doing-normal-things

Ehh, they look randomly cut off midway, so those don't count, lol. I meant more like a jeans and a plain American Apparel T-shirt combo.

genegri
09-16-2010, 04:45 AM
I actually think it looks very nice ... :shuffle:

Looks like pretty red fabrics from distance.

I wonder why she is doing this shoot, besides publicity.

igniculus
09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I think she is an idiot and a freak. She is only a product of a clever marketing industry that realized that most pop idols look the same and that the scene needed a new face that sets itself apart. The problem is, she does not create art, whatever she does or makes makes people vomit indisgust. She is not normal and I'm stunned anybody believes she is original or inspirational. (that's why I'm so mad at Johnny too...)

olympic
09-16-2010, 10:20 PM
True, but she does like to go on about "creating art" like she is the only musical star to ever incorporate artistic influences into what she does, or like her audience is too dense to recognize the art references in her work/image.

:huh:

Why would her talking about creating art make her think she is the only star to ever do so?