PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

manhn
01-28-2011, 05:42 AM
This episode was pretty meh, I felt. I like Rose, but we barely knew her. I don't get why she gets to die such a SLOW death. I also don't get how a werewolf bit is so torturous for vampires. Yeah, yeah, Rose hates to kill human life (how *convenient*), but killing people or wanting blood--how is this much different pre-bite?

I like that Damon is still an ass. Can Bonnie now be able to try to kill him without people calling her a b@*tch?

Elena bugged. Two of her classmates (who she's probably known since they were toddlers because everyone from Mystic Falls have lived there since birth) dies, but she barely blinks an eye? Because Rose (who kidnapped her) is a suffering vampire? Come on!

The werewolf storyline is really heating up. I do wonder why she wasn't all that scared of Damon, though.

topaz
01-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Deleted

PeterG
01-30-2011, 06:16 AM
The werewolf storyline is really heating up.

Sounds like there's a good-sized pack that'll be scramblin' into town. And if the casting stays on the same track, I hope it'll end in a ruff 'n' tumble battle that the werewolves win...but need to sleep off - so that in the mornin', they'll all wake up shirtless... :D :grope:

Elena bugged. Two of her classmates (who she's probably known since they were toddlers because everyone from Mystic Falls have lived there since birth) dies, but she barely blinks an eye? Because Rose (who kidnapped her) is a suffering vampire? Come on!

I must not have been paying attention...who were thetwo classmates who died? :confused:

Guinevere
02-01-2011, 03:47 AM
I like that Bad Damon is back too!!

The Tyler/Caroline/Matt dilemma is so much more interesting to me than the Damon/Elena/Stefan triangle. At first I didn't like Caroline but now I just adore her!!! And I can't decide - Matt or Tyler?

The werewolf lady bugs me. When she threatened Damon and said he was stupid for threatening her "on a full moon", I was thinking, Really? He can always wait until TOMORROW when you're just a regular human again and THEN kill you!!

Satellitegirl
02-01-2011, 04:08 AM
I thought it was good episode. Just watched it. I liked Rose's character, and although her specific character wasn't around long, I thought they did a good job of using her as an example for what a vampire would feel, etc. Now they have transferred it over to Damon and his torment with not being human anymore. Not sure he's really bad Damon again(in his mind, anyhow)...he's trying to be, for sure.

Werewolf lady is definitely annoying, but it makes for a good-ish story :)

mashenka82
02-01-2011, 06:47 AM
I liked this episode. I didn't love Rose, but I liked her because she was someone who Damon could be honest with, and someone who understood him pretty well. This episode was a bit slower than the normal episodes, but that's because I think they had a lot to set up. As much as I hate that Rose had to die (only because I think she was truly Damon's friend), it's all to build up Damon.

Thinking about it... He's always claimed to love being a vampire, to not want anything to do with humanity, to even belittle his brother for feeling and caring and trying to stay in touch with his humanity and he has gone so far as to turn off his emotions to show just how little he cares and wants to feel. But now we see, through Rose's death, that Damon does feel. And not only does he feel, but he wants to feel. He's found himself in this situation where he's become this bad guy, the one you juxtapose against the good brother, Stefan, and he's always said he was fine with it, that he likes being who he is, but now we see that it's not who he truly is. That yes, he's done awful things, unforgivable things, but it was all an 'act'.

And yes, he killed the girl in the end, acting out of course, but for the first time in his existence, he fully admitted that he missed his humanity and I think that's a biggie where Damon is concerned.

Also, count me in as someone who hates Jules, and the one plot hole that I will point out here is why didn't Damon just go and kill her right after he killed Rose? He has the upper hand, why not kill her?

manhn
02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
I must not have been paying attention...who were thetwo classmates who died?

They were leaving the party after the maintenance worker was killed by Rose. Rose killed them when they were getting into their car.

Oh gawd, if I have to see Damon "grow" I'm gonna barf. I'd rather he stay an ass.

Satellitegirl
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Well, characters do tend to evolve. I don't think they'll make him any sap. He'll probably be conflicted at very best. He obviously is caring at times. That, we've seen through multiple episodes. He's just not a "typical" human.

Satellitegirl
02-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Ok....let me just take a moment. .... .... ...

Ok I'm alright now.

Damon in a bubble bath.... :swoon:

Really good episode tonight! Felt so bad for Caroline. I thought it was nice that the gals went over there for a slumber party to cheer her up.

I like conflicted Damon.

Not sure what Sark(sorry, watched Alias....he'll always be Sark to me) is up to with Katherine...didn't follow that.

Guinevere
02-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Okay I officially can't stand Jules and her boyfriend. So annoying!!!!

manhn
02-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Loved the werewolves. I also don't understand why Caroline was so upset with Tyler. The vampires killed his UNCLE. Duh, of course he'd be conflicted with helping out the vampires. Otherwise, I love Caroline.

Also love Jules' boyfriend. Looks a lot like the singer from The Killers.

Sark rocks. Love. Him.

Ugh, Damon and his buggy eyes are bugging.

AliasJohnDoe
02-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Strange - When the show first started, I really didn't care for Caroline much. Now she is my favorite character.

PeterG
02-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Loved the werewolves. I also don't understand why Caroline was so upset with Tyler.

Silly...because this sets up the "Tyler & The Werewolves" vs. "The Vampy Vamps" storyline!!!

Ugh, Damon and his buggy eyes are bugging.

I agree. A little goes a long way. Should be used sparingly. The shirtless shots, though...the exact opposite!! :grope:

Latte
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I think Damon's eyes are to die for. And the shirtless shots!:swoon:

Thought it was a good episode, but, Stefan still bores me.
Guess I just like the bad boys.:D

Satellitegirl
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't mind Damon's eyes...but his pupils do seem to be dilated a lot, which is weird. I don't mind the movement of his eyes though...he seems to like to intimidate people...and that would certainly be intimidating.

Did I mention the bubble bath? :swoon: