PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

lmarie086
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm so excited as well! I missed this show the last couple of weeks.

mashenka82
12-03-2010, 02:53 AM
That was an amazing episode! Very action packed and (almost) worth the long wait!

I love seeing the two brothers working so hard to protect Elena, each in their own way. I love that Stefan ran into the tomb to save Jeremy (probably playing right into Katherine's hands), and Damon running to her rescue in Richmond... I just loved all the physical interaction with Damon and Elena (clearly I'm a Delena shipper) and most importantly I loved how much Damon and Stefan wanted to save her and how she wanted to give everything up to save her family...

I still don't have the slightest clue about Elijah's plan, but I love this episode and how much action took place!

Oh, I also really liked Tyler/Caroline/Matt because I love the bonding with Caroline/Tyler but I still have a bit of a soft spot for Matt! I feel like Tyler and Matt are both wounded puppies (pun, kind of, intended) and Caroline can be there to help them both through it? I don't know, but the triangle works for me.

I also keep wondering what the long term plan for Elena is in terms of what her happy ending is. Leaving the books aside (because I think they are cr*p) and everything, I don't think she's like Bella from Twilight where she wants to be a vampire, but rather that her happy ending would be a life and family, so as much as I love Damon (and Stefan), I don't see either one being the man for her in the end if she's human. So part of me wonders if her happy ending is Matt, with Damon and Stefan being each other's happy ending? I'm going to keep pondering this :P

manhn
12-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Oh, I also really liked Tyler/Caroline/Matt because I love the bonding with Caroline/Tyler but I still have a bit of a soft spot for Matt! I feel like Tyler and Matt are both wounded puppies (pun, kind of, intended) and Caroline can be there to help them both through it? I don't know, but the triangle works for me.

Oh man, I am all over this storyline. The scene where Caroline and Tyler were talking about how lonely they were feeling was so touching and then we get the scene where Matt confesses he misses her (oh, their smiles!!!). I love love triangles where I like all the participants and just want everyone to be happy.

Bonita
12-03-2010, 04:36 AM
I never read the whole series, so I have no idea how it ended. I am capable of reading some really bad stuff, but this slayed me. I guess I should Wiki it.

The only thing I don't like about the show is the increasing gore. I outgrew that stuff in high school. Stick with the hotties and the love triangles and the drama. I don't want to see body parts being plucked...OMG...it's dinnertime when I watch.

mashenka82
12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Bonita I read the series (well the first 4), and it was god awful! I bought the latest books because they were supposed to have more Damon in them, and I couldn't make it past page 50, it was absolutely atrocious! That said, I really feel like the only commonality between the books and the series, are the character names so I wouldn't waste your time on it.

manhn I'm completely with you about triangles! I've watched many soap operas in the past and I have to say that I've always been annoyed when a triangle is forced where person A wants person B who is happily with person C out of revenge or whatever because that's not a great triangle because I clearly have someone to root for. I think thus far TVD has done it right because I can root for all parties.

Looking at Stefan/Elena/Damon, I love Damon so I want him to get the girl, but at the same time (having just rewatched season 1, I have a renewed appreciation for Stefan) I can root for Stefan as well. So I think that it's a triangle done really well. Same thing with Matt/Caroline/Tyler because I understand the Caroline/Tyler relationship because they are both lonely and trying to help one another and they know each other's secrets (kind of), but Matt/Caroline is more "normal" and he's lonely too... so it's hard to root for one over the other. And to me, that's part of the fun, because I get to sit back and just enjoy the ride!

I just wanted to add that the other amazing aspect of the Stefan/Elena/Damon triangle is that there are actually 3 pairings to root for, Elena/Damon, Elena/Stefan and Damon/Stefan and actually the one that I 'ship most is Damon/Stefan, which kind of makes the triangle heartbreaking because at the end of the day if Stefan gets the girl, Damon would not be any more heartbroken than he is, but he'd probably leave his brother to let him be happy, where-as if Damon gets the girl, Stefan would be broken hearted and would also probably leave and forever break the brotherly relationship... so yeah... mroe stuff for me to ponder :P

Satellitegirl
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Great episode last night. I liked the fact that Damon was so protective of Elena. The Jeremy/Bonnie thing doesn't bother me like it did at first.

And I don't care if Stefan would be heartbroken. Damon and Elena all the way! :)

Twilight1
12-07-2010, 03:59 AM
And I don't care if Stefan would be heartbroken. Damon and Elena all the way! :)

ICAM!! I am still waiting for that in the books lol!! Esp. with how the last book ended with Damon!!! :eek:

mashenka82
12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Twilight1- I have the last book, but I just can't get into it... I feel like the writing in the last two is worse (didn't realize that was possible) than the original three. Is it worth a read as a Damon fan?

also bumping in anticipation of tonight's epi!

Satellitegirl
12-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Great episode! I loved how Tyler and whatserface interacted and how she was there for him. That was the best part of the show. I also like the deal Elena struck. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Damon being called out by the wolf girl cracked me up. He was certainly surprised.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the wolf bite.

Also, I suck at remembering names of characters other than the main 3, Bonnie, and Jeremy. lol

manhn
12-10-2010, 04:53 AM
((Shirtless Tyler))

The wolf storyline started out sloowwwww, but darn, it is awesome now! Great acting by the actor playing Shirtless Tyler.

I wonder who Jules is. I doubt she's a Lockwood. So, the wolf curse exists outside the Lockwood clan?

Great episode. Seeing Katherine be scared of Elijah made Elijah FRIGHTENING.

mashenka82
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm very torn about this episode because while I loved Caroline/Tyler and my heart pretty much broke during the entire transformation and then again in the end when carolien said he'd be ok and Tyler cried that he wouldn't. I loved Matt/Caroline so much, but Caroline/Tyler blew it out of the water for me!!

I liked a lot of different elements of the show, I really did, but put together and as the mid-season clifhanger, the episode just didn't hit it out of the park.

I wanted more of a shocking clifhanger!! Something that I couldn't wait to find out about in 6 weeks, but with Rose being the one in danger, I'm kind of ambivalent. Even though I actually like Rose/Damon right now because they understand eachother and there are no lies or pretenses between them, I am not so invested in her character that I'm on pins and needles waiting to know if she'll live or die! Then again, I like having Rose around because she lets us see Damon in a different light, but she just doesn't tug at my heart.

Also, I was really let down by Stefan/Katherine and all the build up we had going into tonight. It's not that I wanted them to have cave sex, I actually think it would have been out of character for him, but he was in and out of there way too fast and it would have been nice to see that relationship explored a bit to learn why she loves him and what hold she still has on him.

Oh and I hate Jules (hate the actress and the character), can't wait for Damon to rip her heart out :)

Twilight1
12-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Twilight1- I have the last book, but I just can't get into it... I feel like the writing in the last two is worse (didn't realize that was possible) than the original three. Is it worth a read as a Damon fan?

also bumping in anticipation of tonight's epi!

Just read the ending and Wikipedia the plot ;) I didn't like the last 2 either. :lol:

Evilynn
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Jeremy looks an awful lot like Maxim Trankov from certain angles (this is the only place I can say that without people going "Who?" :lol:).

I didn't feel overly excited about the cliffhanger either, I don't know if anyone is particularly invested in Rose one way or another?

Latte
12-13-2010, 01:39 AM
So why didn't Rose die? I thought that one bite from a werewolf was supposed to kill a Vampire? Hmmm makes me wonder if there is something off about Rose.
Not enough Damon and Elena in this eppie.
Disappointed.
By the way, I don't think I ever said that I actually like Katherine better than Elena.
Don't know why.

mashenka82
12-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Latte - I think that the idea is that the vampire bite doesn't immediately kill the vampire, but causes them to go crazy (from the previews) before they die. I somehow don't think that they'll find a cure and poor Rose will die. I wasn't a Rose fan either, but I like that she's someone who understands Damon and is squarely in his corner, so I guess I care about her just a bit and I'll be said to see her go.