PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

mashenka82
10-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Wow at tonight's episode... I am all afluster... and so far just amazed by Ian's acting tonight! He was beyond amazing (I love when he gets emotional stuff to play). I am going to gather my thoughts... But, one tiny nitpick, 15 minutes in, I was wondering if there was a drinking game I was not aware of where you drink any time someone says the word "d*ck" :D

manhn
10-29-2010, 05:17 AM
This show just amazes me. So many twists and turns! I was rocking back and forth during the entire show. I'm sure we will see Katherine again. But bye for now.

Hmmm...Caroline and Tyler? Interesting. Bonnie and Jeremy? Not as much.

Hedwig
10-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Jeremy is too good for Bonnie.
I also found the cousin substory boring. "We are family!" - "Yes we are!" sob sob.

But the rest was amazing as usual. So glad they didn't kill Matt. When he said good-bye to Elena I thought for sure that this was the last time she will see him but that is what I like about this show - they took this classic good-bye scene and everyone (well me anyway) think that a character will be killed of and then he isn't.

This was also the first episode where I liked Tyler's character as in bringing something to the story.

I haven't understood the moonstone thing fully - what was it that Catherine said to Stefan at the end? They talked about the stone not having belong to her and then about Lexi? Was there a connection between the topics that my limited English missed?

manhn
10-29-2010, 06:55 AM
I haven't understood the moonstone thing fully - what was it that Catherine said to Stefan at the end? They talked about the stone not having belong to her and then about Lexi? Was there a connection between the topics that my limited English missed?

Katherine gave the moonstone to that Lockwood ancestor so she could avoid dying with the rest of the vampires. But it was not her moonstone to give. She knew that if whoever found out what Katherine did, Katherine would get it. Katherine blames Damon's infatuation with her for ruining her cover.

Stefan wanted to know who Katherine was running away from. Katherine tried to change the subject by mentioning seeing/stalking Stefan/Lexi at the 80s Bon Jovi concert.

Hedwig
10-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you for the explanation!

Satellitegirl
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Great episode! I think this show is my favorite right now...everything else pales in comparison as far as writing goes. Will be interesting to see how long Katherine remains gone. Also, Nina deserves an Emmy for this episode.

Hedwig
10-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Great episode! I think this show is my favorite right now...everything else pales in comparison as far as writing goes. Will be interesting to see how long Katherine remains gone. Also, Nina deserves an Emmy for this episode.

She really does. I wasn't so sure about her at the beginnig of the first season but she gets better and better. And even without curls one could always see who was Katherine and who was Elena without it being too in your face. Great acting.

It is my favorite right now as well. Even before Big Bang Theory!

mashenka82
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
This is definitely my favorite show! I have to say that while I gave major props to Ian for Damon's understated emotions last night, I forgot to give major props to Nina Dobrev! I honestly do not love Elena (as in, I couldn't care less about her, because in Katherine's words, she's too boring), but Nina as Katherine was amazing last night! Nina's demeanor completely changes when she's Katherine, from the way she spoke to/about Matt, to the way she was completely sure of herself when Damon and Stefan were in the midst of killing her to clawing at the walls at the end.

Also, I expected that they wouldn't kill Matt and instead Tyler would accidentally kill someone else, and I'm excited to see how his friendship with Jeremy and Caroline will develop from here.

Count me in as someone who doesn't want to see Bonnie/Jeremy, it was way too obvious in the set up with "Oh, you grew up.." and who didn't like the family bonding with the other withc.

Lastly, can I just say again how much I loved Damon swearing to protect Elena? :) I love my Ian S and absolutely love this show! The pacing, the actors, eye candy, stories: it's all great!

Twilight1
10-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I am actually loving a couple CW shows, 90210 is also a no miss show for me as well as Gossip Girl. VD is definitely my favourite of the bunch...though at times I feel like I am too old to be watching this show. LOL!! I rationalize 90210 and VD because I watched the original series of 90210 and I read the LJ Smith books as a teen. LMAO!! There is no justification for Gossip Girl though...darn Ed Westwick and his hotness.

:grope: shout out to Ian S!! :grope:

AliasJohnDoe
10-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm in the minority I guess. I like the Bonnie storyline. I just wish she'd learn to embrace who she is. Hope to see more of the distant cousin....She out-smarted Katherine.

PeterG
10-30-2010, 01:06 AM

I like Elena, Katherine and Nina, but sometimes I wonder if Nina as Katherine is just an impersonation of Ian as Damon... :(

mashenka82
10-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Oooh PeterG, that's an interesting idea - I was so overwhelmed by how much I'd been enjoying the evil side of Nina's acting and loving her a lot more than Elena, but I do wonder if maybe Nina's inspiration was IS's Damon versus Stefan in the hard exterior, nothing matters aspect.
I want to say that it would make sense because Damon could easily have taken after her, BUT he never really knew her as a vampire so it doesn't fully make sense.
Regardless, it's still a good job by Nina to give such different portrayals of two very different characters.

Satellitegirl
10-30-2010, 04:08 AM
That's kinda funny, because when I saw Nina do the head turn as she looked at someone at the ball the other night I thought "That kinda looks like Damon's mannerisms" lol so yeah, might be. Or maybe they made them similar on purpose since they're both dark/intense characters and have known each other a long time. not unheard of for people to have the same mannerisms if they've been around one another a lot.

manhn
10-30-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm in the minority I guess. I like the Bonnie storyline. I just wish she'd learn to embrace who she is. Hope to see more of the distant cousin....She out-smarted Katherine.

Oh, Bonnie is my favourite character. But I think she can do better than emo Jeremy. Besides, I think all these characters hooking up is too incestuous. I would've preferred an entirely new character for Bonnie (although, with Lucy's introduction, I can see why the writers would avoid that). Or if it had to be someone in the cast, I would vote for Matt.

Speaking of Matt, he and Aunt Jenna need to know what is going on. Keeping them in the dark is certainly not protecting either one of them.

Latte
10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
HELP! I fell asleep and missed the whole show! Can someone please give me a recap?
I'm begging here!
Thank you in advance!