PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

mashenka82
10-01-2010, 09:10 PM
As much as I loved the banter between Mason/Damon last night (lone wolf, dances with wolves, i'm an animal, lady killer, etc), I was a bit iffy on the episode. The weird thing is that I loved the various pieces of the episode. Mason/Damon, Mason/Tyler, especially the flashbacks, Katherine/Stefan, Damon/Elena and Caroline! But, I hated that Damon had to go and make an enemy out of Mason! I'm not sure that I was buying the friendship or anything, but I would have rather had Damon wait it out and do some recon before trying to kill Mason.

I liked the flashbacks and it made me feel worse for Damon (if that's even possible) because he clearly wasn't enough for Katherine and that made me feel awful for him. And the way Katherine was so unhappy that the brothers would mess up her plans and said "Damon had to go and be Damon" like he was being so awful, as opposed to actually trying to save the woman he loved!

I like that we got a cute little dream of Elena/Damon, but that in reality she still hasn't forgiven him because he hasn't earned it at all!!

I also loved that Caroline is making nice with katherine and that she actually spoke the truth to Elena (though it kind of sounded like she wanted Stefan for herself more than anything...)

In any case, I think that all these pieces on their own were great, and I want to see more flashbacks, but something just didn't add up. I think Katherine cares for Stefan, they certainly are really trying to make it look that way, but I still think she's back for some other purpose!

PeterG
10-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Hmm....none of us seem to trust Katherine. Can't a guy simply start missing her beau after 140 years??? :lol:

Hedwig
10-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Trailer for the next episode on here:

http://vampirediariesguide.com/

Wow. :eek:

I peaked and now I am hooked.

PeterG
10-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow. This show moves fast! I can't remember which plot point (Tyler having the white stone and when it would end up in Mason's hands?), but I thought to myself, "how long until this happens"? And then, within 10 minutes, it happened. Usually shows drag certain storylines over many, many episodes, but Vampire Diaries keeps it moving! Caroline tells Elena she's working with Katherine. Elena tells her she knows and has been mad at her about this! Caroline "comes out" to Mom. Mom disowns Caroline. I swear with other shows, each of these four things would have been in separate episodes.

And Mason and Katherine being a couple? I did not see that coming! :eek:

Favourite line of the night goes to Damon, and the line would only work with spot-on delivery. After Stefan tells Damon he's come to an agreement with Mason, Damon says, "I don't want peeeeeace!!!" :lol:

lmarie086
10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I LOVE how twisted Katherine :laughs: She must've known about the werewolf curse and probably set things into motion for Mason accidentally killing his friend. I can't wait to see this play out.

I felt bad for Caroline again; it was kind of inevitable that her mom would find out (though it would've been real twisty for Caroline to go the entire season without her mom finding out) but still so sad. I wonder what'll happen when Katherine realizes Caroline isn't her puppet anymore.

Damon= :swoon: Love love love him and his delivery of lines. Always good.

manhn
10-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Holy! Poor Aunt Jenna! And not my Matt! I suspect Jeremy will make it his mission to stop Tyler from killing anyone.

Nina Dobrev is so good. Katherine and Elena are two distinct characters--and both believable. I know it won't happen, but she should be nominated for an Emmy.

So much went on; for once, no main character was missing. Loved the scene with Caroline and her mom. I love those small moments of heart interspersed with the whiplash action.

lmarie086
10-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Tonight was so intense!! I don't even know where to begin! But yeah, poor Aunt Jenna! I really hoped nothing was going to happen to her, I never even thought anything would. But she makes an obvious choice I guess. But I swear I might cry if anything happens to Matt. I hope Jeremy protects him! (wouldn't be surprised if Caroline does too)

I know some people think Stefan is boring, but I HATED seeing Elena break up with him, I absolutely hated it :(

The scene with Caroline and her mom was so touching. Caroline is indeed a stronger person now.

Damon...was Damon. Basically, lol.

Satellitegirl
10-22-2010, 05:39 AM
This show continues to amaze me. Tonight's episode was great. I hope they never lose the writers they have.

Definitely felt bad for Elena and Stefan breaking up...but they'll be back together eventually I'm sure. Was sad seeing Caroline and her Mom as well. She was smart to glamor her though.

Loved when Damon came to see if Elena was ok.

AliasJohnDoe
10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Count me in as loving the scene with Caroline and her mom.

mashenka82
10-23-2010, 03:31 AM
The scene with Liz and Caroline absolutely broke my heart! I was so hoping that she wouldn't compel Liz because she got to see such a strong Caroline and give her so much strength and support in telling her that she saw a new, better, version of her daughter. But I understand why she had to do it.

Also, I have yet to really like Stefan or the actor much, but last night, in teh break up scene, I absolutely felt his pain!

And I love how bad Katherine is and how little she cares just who she hurts! And also, while I will miss Mason and his shirtless hotness, I fully understood, if not totally expected, Damon to actually kill him.

Good lord, I love how fast paced this show is! Love it!

Hedwig
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Tonight was so intense!! I don't even know where to begin! But yeah, poor Aunt Jenna! I really hoped nothing was going to happen to her, I never even thought anything would. But she makes an obvious choice I guess. But I swear I might cry if anything happens to Matt. I hope Jeremy protects him! (wouldn't be surprised if Caroline does too)

I know some people think Stefan is boring, but I HATED seeing Elena break up with him, I absolutely hated it :(

The scene with Caroline and her mom was so touching. Caroline is indeed a stronger person now.

Damon...was Damon. Basically, lol.

I agree with everything.
I think this was one of the best episodes yet. So intense. Touching and fast paced at the same time.

And I have to add that I fall in love with Jeremy a bit more from episode to episode. He is not a flashy character but he is believable in his teenager angst without being over the top. And he is such a good hearted nerd too and I am a sucker for good hearted nerds.

Caroline is becoming one of my favourite characters on the show. Never thought that at the very beginning of season 1.

Bonita
10-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I agree with everything.
I think this was one of the best episodes yet. So intense. Touching and fast paced at the same time.

And I have to add that I fall in love with Jeremy a bit more from episode to episode. He is not a flashy character but he is believable in his teenager angst without being over the top. And he is such a good hearted nerd too and I am a sucker for good hearted nerds.

Caroline is becoming one of my favourite characters on the show. Never thought that at the very beginning of season 1.

Tee hee, Jeremy is jail bait to me, but ITA, he's a foxy yet not over-the-top character who is growing.

Caroline is so like me but not - I'm not stylish or popular, but I can relate to her...love her....

Of course, for me, it's Damon all the time - slobber.

Hedwig
10-26-2010, 07:09 AM
What does "jail bait" mean?

mashenka82
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
"Jail bait" refers to someone who is far too young, technically meaning that they are under 18 and therefore sex with them would send you to prison for statutory rape... but generally we use it to refer to someone who's just too far out of our age range to be crushing on ;)

On another note, I was just posting about Desperate Housewives and commenting on how some of my fave shows move so quickly (unlike DH), and the first show that popped into my head as being fast-paced is Vampire Diaries! I adore this show and one of the reasons, other than the eye candy, is the fact that they introduce something in one episode, and resolve it by the next, if not by the end. I mean think of the moonstone, everyone learned that Mason had it, and by the end of the episode, Damon and Stefan had it. I love that while the overarching storyline of Katherine has been here for all of this season (and last), there are plenty of really catastrophic and eventful plot points that are constantly being driven!

Hedwig
10-26-2010, 03:36 PM
thanks for the explanation! At first I thought it means something like he is headed for jail or something and I was :(

Yes, I like it too how fast paced it is. And it is incredible that these little things don't seem far fetched, boring or always the same like so many shows. The writers are amazing.
Do you know if they worked for other series before?