PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PeterG
09-25-2010, 06:52 AM
And is the Uncle guy the same age as his nephew?

Uncle Mason is ALL MAN and Tyler is a man boy. But Tyler has GREAT potential.

Seriously though, I'd guess the characters are supposed to be approximately 33 and 17.

museksk8r
09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
:( I missed episode 3 because I had to travel from NC to SC to visit family (I visit once a month) and we dined out while the show was on. I'll have to catch up at a later date!

PeterG
09-25-2010, 04:34 PM
:confused:

You didn't ask the restaurant manager to change the channel to CW??

;)

Hedwig
09-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I am the only one who does not like Uncle Mason? I don't even find him good looking and all he does is strut around.
I also don't like the werewolf subplot.

But I love Caroline as a vampire as well. She also brings in some comic relief. He complaining on the hunting trip was hilarious.
And she grows as a "person" as well with her letting Matt dump her for his own good. :( Poor guy. He has been through a lot as well.

Evilynn
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I like Vampire!Caroline a lot more than Human!Caroline. Even if she's "basically an insecure neurotic on crack." ;) I'm not all that smitten with Uncle Mason and the rest of the werewolf story, but it's in the books (unlike most other things on the show :lol:) so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

lmarie086
09-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Caroline is just way too funny; it shouldn't be allowed. She's so much more sarcastic now, I love it! And the amplified emotions is great; though I felt so bad for her when Matt started bleeding and she almost killed him. The look of horror on her face was :(

Elena is manipulative! But I'm glad she has fire to her; so different from Bella in Twilight. I can't WAIT to see her and Katherine meet face to face next episode!

And I second the cheers for the return of Alaric; my tv screen has been sad without his presence :cheer:

Satellitegirl
09-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Looking forward to the episode tonight! Elena and Catherine(Katherine?) focused...and tells some of the history. Should be good :) A little over 3 hours to go!

lmarie086
09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
^I'm so excited! Sadly none of my friends like to watch it...so I'll be all alone :( BUT still excited haha!

PeterG
10-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Sadly none of my friends like to watch it...

But WE are all your friends! :D

lmarie086
10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
^Very true PeterG! :) And I'm very happy for it!

PeterG
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Is Nina Dobrev a better actress than I give her credit for? When Stefan had her chained up in his basement, I was thinking, "Just stake her! STAKE HER!!!" I don't want that evil Catherine messing up our perfect Mystic Falls! :lol:

I also like seeing how strong (and honest) Elena is as a character. In the beginning of this episode, she tells Damon directly, "I want nothing to do with you". Pretty cold, but warranted...and STRONG! (This scene also had one of Damon's best comebacks, "okay...see you at Jenna's BBQ!" :rofl:

Later, after Elena meets Catherine, Stefan asks, "are you okay?" "Not really", replies Elena. I loved this because so often in TV/movies (AND real life), people are not honest and just say, "yeah, I'm okay". When they're NOT. I liked this honesty.

Lots of funny stuff, too. Early on, when the subject of werewolves is introduced, Catherine deadpans, "...wolves only exist in really bad movies". OUCH...take THAT, Twilight!

Then the banter between Damon and Mason. "I always thought you were a bit of a lone wolf". "You seem like a real lady killer". :lol: :40beers:

Satellitegirl
10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
lol yeah I loved the banter and Damon's taunting of Mason. And I'll say I think Nina Dobrev is a great actress. It's refreshing for the acting to be so good on this type of show. It doesn't seem very contrived, just honest.

Oh and the obligatory :swoon: for Damon

lmarie086
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Last night's episode was amazing! Nina Dobrev is a fantastic actress; not only as Katherine, but she's grown as Elena (partially because I think Elena as a character is growing).

All the stuff about Katherine and Stefan was fascinating; I really don't know what to believe of it. I'm sure he does have some kind of feelings for her but I also think a big part of his affection for her was based on fascination from when he was a human; she was very alluring, and I think that's what Stefan really fell for (not for her so much). Also, I think it's a big excuse to hide why Katherine really came back; I don't doubt that Stefan was her favorite Salvatore, but her timing is pretty convenient. Her flashbacks were shown exactly the way she wanted to portray them.

When Elena and Stefan had their "fight" I was not expecting that to have been staged, but I'm so glad it was! I just wish we could have a chance to see a light, happy couple scene between them so that we can really see the connection that makes them work. I love them together, I just wish they had more time together when they weren't stressed out over something haha!

PeterG
10-01-2010, 06:25 PM
...I think it's a big excuse to hide why Katherine really came back...

I also think there is a different reason Katherine came back (other than her "love" for Stefan). I think it's going to be big...some sort of power that she can obtain that exists in Mystic Falls. Why would she have waited 140 years to make contact again with someone she loves so much??

When Elena and Stefan had their "fight" I was not expecting that to have been staged, but I'm so glad it was!

When this happened, I was thinking, "I bet eventually we're going to see that they did this to protect Elena". But did we have to wait four episodes to see this come true? Nope. Another great thing about this show. They don't draaaaag out the storyline like so many other shows! :D

Hedwig
10-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I thought that the fight was staged but only by Stefan sort of like Caroline did. But good that he didn't decide alone to be the suffering hero and protect her from him and ladiladiladi (in Caroline's case that was different).

I love how much Elena/Nina/Katherine has grown on me. I found her very flat in the first episode but she grew episode by episode!