PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Latte
09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
I have been hooked since the first epi last year.
Damon makes the show, no 2 ways about it.
I would gladly become a vamp to spend eternity with him!

Satellitegirl
09-17-2010, 12:33 AM
27 minutes and counting :)

lmarie086
09-17-2010, 03:05 AM
I missed it tonight! :(

manhn
09-17-2010, 03:33 AM
It's not good to be a black person in Mystic Falls, apparently.

Caroline and Bonnie kick butt. Caroline just breaks my heart (but how did she get in her own home?). But Damon and Jeremy BFFS? :rolleyes:

And Tyler shirtless.:cool::smokin:

jayta
09-17-2010, 04:13 AM
I know it's easy to look at it in a real world prospective. But I like the fact that the world here allows me to look at Damon as not a 1D person who is just evil. You can see in the show that there is more.

Of course I'm not a fan of him killing Jeremy by snapping his neck. I don't think if I was a writer of the show I would have done that. But the writers have to put viewers through the ringer, they can't make it easy to like Damon. It makes it for good tv. I admit I love the characters who aren't just easily 'good'.

They just aren't interesting. I'm not saying I've never liked them, but the thing on VD is that Ian is such a great actor and he really is amazing in this role compared to Paul's Stefan who is a little more muted and predictable. The only time Stefan would raise his voice would be to protect someone. That's good in real life but not so much in fantasy. It's nice to know that someone could change.

And it mirrors real life in that sometimes change isn't easy. Not easy at all. You slip, backslide and sometimes you just wanna give up. Which is what I felt Damon do at the end of last episode. If I can't have someone's love and I'll be tortured by it because I'll have to endure knowing everyone prefers my brother, then I'd just want people to stop trying too. So therefore I'd have to make them not try to be 'sympathetic' and to not pity me. It'd be easier for them to hate me....that kind of mentality.

Who knows.

As for Bonnie, the problem is that yes she has just cause to hate Damon. I don't dispute that. I'd hate someone who tried to kill me too. I could even buy the whole being cautious thing, but to say that she is some how better than him...sorry. That rubs me the wrong way. I hate judgemental people and maybe if she tried being less of a biatch and sitting on her throne judging all vampires then maybe I would like her more.

manhn
09-17-2010, 04:48 AM
they can't make it easy to like Damon.

Then the writers should give all the funny lines and puns to Alaric or Matt or Stefan or Tyler. The writers have a very easy time making Damon likeable to viewers. His type is all over television these days.

Which is fine. I don't mind Damon breaking necks nonchalantly. But I don't need this "but he's in PAIINNNNN!!!! No one UNDERSTANDS him!!!" nonsense. It's so Johnny Weir. Everyone on this show likes or "understands" Damon except Bonnie, and she's crucified for it. I get that Bonnie's "I hate vampires, like, a lot!" can be one-note, but this is a town where its founding fathers hated vampires thoroughly. I don't mind when one of the show's main characters exemplify that sentiment. Someone has to.

mashenka82
09-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know how I feel about last night's episode...

On the one hand I like the Jeremy/Damon bonding over their daddies hating vampires but on the other hand, Damon snapped Jeremy's neck and then threatened to 'end' him at the fair, so I'm really not sure that I see him bonding with Damon just yet. On the other hand (which if you're keeping track, makes 3 hands), Jeremy, like Tyler, likes it when people are straight with him, so he appreciates how straight-forward Damon is regarding what he thinks.

Then there was Bonnie. Now, I have never really liked Bonnie much, which I think has a lot more to do with the actress and her grimace/side-chin thing when she's upset and lack of general acting ability... but again, on the one hand, (as much as I love Damon and IS), I like that she calls Damon on his cr*p unlike everyone else who seems to forgive him for attempted murder and such, but on the other hand, last night she was just acting like a baby and blaming Damon for everything that ever happened, when the reality is that Caroline becoming a vamp and killing the cute boy wasn't Damon's fault. It was Katherine's for killing Caroline and Bonnie's for convincing Damon to give her blood. I'm not saying that Damon is an innocent baby, far from it, but in this case, it wasn't his fault and Bonnie throwing a temper tantrum is just nauseating.

I also wish that Damon hadn't been so ready to kill Caroline.

Can't wait for next week and more Damon :) I just love IS and his acting in this role... I love all his one liners and his ability to deliver them perfectly as well as his acting skills and ability to relate Damon's different feelings and dimensions.

Satellitegirl
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Tonight! :)

Also here is some info on the Sept 30th episode, via an interview with Ian from http://www.vampire-diaries.net/ . It sounds fantastic.

Are we going to see any more flashbacks of the Salvatore brothers past?
The episode next week ["Memory Lane," September 30] is a lot of flashbacks. It was a really tough episode to shoot. It wore our actors down. It wore our crew down. It wore our producers down. It was a tough, tough episode but I hear it looks beautiful and the story’s really compelling. It’s a big episode. There’s a lot of plot points, a lot of understanding, of Katherine explaining exactly what happened and why and how. It gives a lot of insight into how and why she is the way she is, what happened with the Salvatore brothers. When I read that episode it was like Christmas.

Satellitegirl
09-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Great episode tonight. I swear, Ian Somerhalder makes me weak in the knees lol. I love his eye movements and smirks. :swoon:

manhn
09-24-2010, 05:10 AM
More naked Uncle Mason!

PeterG
09-24-2010, 05:22 AM
My dramatic highlights of tonight’s episode:

1. Fourth to last scene: Caroline attacks Matt…Stefan stops her…wolf/Uncle Mason arrives….Tyler arrives and yells, “NO!!!”…wolf runs off… Whew, that was a lot in a short amount of time!
2. Third to last scene: Caroline gets “jealous” again so as to let go off Matt… :wuzrobbed
3. Last scene: the return of Catherine. I swear that chick is up to no good! :lol:
4. Second to last scene: Elena and Damon. Damon is honest about not knowing that Jeremy was wearing the ring. Damon apologizes. Elena says there will never be anything again between them. Cold girl, cold!!!

My comedic highlights of tonight’s episode:

1. Stefan and Caroline’s hunting trip. Caroline: “…and you want me to eat bunnies!” And then Caroline commenting on Stefan’s various facial expressions: “…and then there’s ‘Hey, it’s Tuesday’”. :D
2. Title of tonight’s episode: “Bad Moon Rising”. :lol:
3. Damon jumps in front of Elena when Vanessa tries to shoot (stake?) Damon. Then Damon later says about the stake, “just pull the damn thing out…it hurts!”

My :grope:/:swoon: highlights of tonight’s episode:

1. Tyler and Uncle Mason in their muscle t-shirts…and later Uncle Mason half-nekkid, wearing more chains than clothes…
2. The return of Alaric. I wanna run my fingers through that hair!!

My favourite Damon quips:

1. About werewolves: “WAY too Lon Chaney.”
2. To Elena about killing Jeremy: “There is a HUGE asterisk next to that statement.”
3. His pregnant pause and then response to “legend has it that a werewolve’s bite is lethal to vampires”: “Oooh…”

Questions:

1. Will all the new characters (Uncle Mason) die by season’s end (like we saw happen to everybody in season one)?
2. How about that dramatic music after Stefan lurks around Uncle Mason’s truck and the wolf jumps out through the window. Just a tad on the dramatic side? :lol:

lmarie086
09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Once again, I missed the episode last night. Damn life! I'll catch it eventually...I do have to complain about how long it takes for it get up on hulu. Glee is there the day after airing, so why can't VD too?! Ok, :drama: moment over lol.

I saw the preview for episode 4 and it looks amazing! Especially reading Ian S's description of it (I can't remember where I read it though haha), but I'm super excited. I will definitely be watching it this week, on time for once!

Also, Caroline as a vamp=fab. She's so fiesty. But damn that girl just cannot catch a break!

I thought the second episode was pretty strong; it did cover a lot but I thought it wrapped up well and the ending was cute.

Satellitegirl
09-24-2010, 06:48 PM
I have the description of episode 4 on page two of this thread, and it really does sound amazing :)

caseyedwards
09-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Caroline as vampire story is so good and so is the werewolf story!

genevieve
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I watched all of the fall '09 eps of this show last year over xmas and got hooked. It ws a long time before it started up again and I didn't see any of the other S1 eps. Saw this season's premiere and last night's ep. I am really confused about who a lot of the side players are, but can basically follow along. So broody!! :lol:

I do love the show - although I was kinda hoping Caroline would get eaten, staked, something :saint:

And is the Uncle guy the same age as his nephew?