PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries – Season Two (Thursdays at 8pm on the CW Network)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

AliasJohnDoe
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Just in case anyone is getting excited about the finale tonight.

A pic of finale: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/the-vampire-diaries-finale-photo-preview-will-elena-forgive-damon.html

Satellitegirl
05-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Wheeeeee! Can't wait to see it tonight!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-13-2011, 02:37 AM
I enjoyed the finale, with the exception of Damon/Elena.

I was actually scared for Jeremy there, but then realized they wouldn't really kill him after offing Jenna last week. They wouldn't do that to Elena.

Ugh, I hated that Elena kissed Damon. I know the triangle between Damon/Elena/Stefan is an important part of the books and all that jazz, but ugh. She shouldn't even wanna be near Damon after the things he's done (like killing Jeremy!). I don't want a triangle. If they're gonna put Elena/Damon together, which they obviously are, then keep Stefan out of it. He can be all badass next season and find a cool chick who appreciates him (and doesn't lust after his brother in the process) and Damon can have Elena. Frankly, it'd make it easier to ignore the two of them.

Come back Tyler!

Satellitegirl
05-13-2011, 05:17 AM
The Damon/Elena stuff didn't bother me. He was sincerely remorseful because he didn't think he'd have enough time to make it up to her since he was dying. He has shown he cared about her, multiple times. They were both caught up in a "he might die" moment ,and didn't want to be left with the guilt of a bad goodbye. Not sure I want a triangle either, though. I don't care to watch a storyline where Elena is bouncing back and forth between the two, emotionally. Pick one(and pick Damon)! Plzkthx. lol. I'd rather they either keep the tension between Damon and Elena, in the background, or have her with Damon completely. It seems as if Stefan and Damon are switching places next season. Stefan is the out of control one. Damon is the protector. We'll see.

Wonder what is going to happen with Jeremy now that there "will be consequences."

Great finale!

I shed a few tears. I'm a sap :P

manhn
05-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Damon and Elena bored me, and I was semi annoyed that Bonnie was trying to cure Damon. But Anna and Vicki! YES!

PeterG
05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Jeremy: I see dead people?? :eek:

I was actually scared for Jeremy there, but then realized they wouldn't really kill him after offing Jenna last week. They wouldn't do that to Elena.

I wasn't so sure of that. For a second, I thought, "oh sh**, Jeremy too??" I think the people behind this show are willing to take more risks than other shows, so the unexpected can happen (and has happened).

The Damon/Elena stuff didn't bother me. He was sincerely remorseful because he didn't think he'd have enough time to make it up to her since he was dying. He has shown he cared about her, multiple times. They were both caught up in a "he might die" moment...

I think Elena has made it quite clear that she loves Stefan and does not love Damon. And I think Elena is not so closed off that she can't see at times that Damon is tortured, and in some ways tries to understand him.

As far as the deathbed scene goes, if I was with someone who I thought was about to die...and if I could do something to make their passing less painful...I would say or do pretty much anything.

Satellitegirl
05-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah I agree, Peter.

mashenka82
05-14-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm a huge Damon/Elena fan - well, actually, no, I'm a huge Damon fan, and therefor I've fallen into the same trap that I often fall into, where if I like one character (in this case, Damon), I end up shippin' the relationship with the girl he falls for (Damon/Elena in this case) because he wants her and I love him (transitive property and all).

That said, I still am a bit ambivalent about the Damon/Elena relationship and what they are setting up for next season (ie Stefan is gone, giving Damon/Elena a chance) because I want Elena to pick one brother and be done with it. I realize she's 17 and everything, but I think that the one relationship that I truly love on this show is Damon/Stefan, and I don't want any girl getting in the middle of that. On top of this, I want Damon to find a girl who will LOVE him and only him and not waiver.

All that said, getting back to last night's episode - as much as I adore Damon, I didn't take the kiss to mean she loves him back or anything of the sort. As PeterG said, I took it as, they both think he's dying, so he professes his love, and she kisses him as a sign that she's forgiven him and as a way to let him go in peace. I don't think it was anything else.

A part of me thinks that come next season, it'll be the opposite of the opening of this season with Elena saying to Damon, "I kissed you, we should talk about it", but that the writers are smart enough that Damon may make a joke of it and essentially will let Elena off the hook because it was done in the heat of the moment.

I'm so torn about next season because I've been wanting Damon/Elena to have a chance and I want to see the more 'human' and rational Damon, but seeing the sacrifice that Stefan had to make for Damon, I really want Damon to try to save his brother next season and take that journey rather than pursuing Elena.

I'm so TORN! And I don't know how to feel about Jeremy seeing his dead ex-girlfriends. A part of me feels like this is a call out to the Vampire Academy books, but regardless, it'll be interesting to see where this takes us.

Jimena
05-14-2011, 05:10 AM
I've been watching season 1 of this show because a few people told me that they were really into it. And I can't help it- it annoys me. Elena is annoying. The plot holes are way too humongous and I can't figure out why they haven't killed Damon yet. And I'm just at the part where they find out Katherine wasn't in the tomb!

So should I stick with it? Even if I can't stand Damon, I find Elena's damsel in distress thing silly, Jeremy is way too clueless and the show is too repetitive for me?

Satellitegirl
06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Ian and Nina have gone public with their relationship http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/vampire-diaries-nina-dobrev-ian-somerhalder-take-romance-public-2011196

I think they make a nice couple.

Latte
06-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, color me shocked!:D I didn't see that coming. But :encore: for them
And well, I had heard he was gay. Guess someone got that one wrong.:D
Besides, she can't have him he's mine, mine mine.:swoon:
By the way, Nina looks too thin in that picture.

PeterG
06-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Just you wait. She'll end up with Paul.

:D

Satellitegirl
06-23-2011, 04:38 AM
By the way, Nina looks too thin in that picture.

Most of the starlets do these days, it seems.

Jimena
06-24-2011, 01:26 AM
So I stuck with it and finished season 2. And I still can't stand Damon! He should've been staked oh so freaking long ago.

I might be considered a heathen for saying this but I think my problem with the character is the actor. I loved him in Lost, but I find he has too many acting ticks that bug me. I don't like him.

But I guess I'll continue watching. I hope evil Stefan's a lot of fun.