PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup picks

Pages : [1] 2

Aceon6
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
According to Steve Sands at Golf Channel, Pavin will select Woods, Cink, Zach Johnson, and Rickie Fowler

I'm very surprised by the 4th pick. He's not been playing as well as some of the others who are eligible.

Aceon6
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Confirmed. The picks are Woods, Cink, Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler. Guess Ben Crane's demeanor did him in and Anthony Kim's injury was too much to overcome.

Rob
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
It is too bad Kim missed so many cuts. He was great at Valhalla. I guess Glover has been mediocre most of this year, with 2 recent missed cuts and only one good recent performance at the Wyndham. Barnes played well earlier in the year, but missed cuts lately same as Van Pelt. I think you are right about Crane. I guess Fowler hasn't had great results lately, but he made the cuts.

SHARPIE
09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Wheee! Getting quite excited now, even though I dont give a crap about golf. :D

The 'Traffic Delays Likely' signs are a joy to behold! :rofl:

AYS
09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Wheee! Getting quite excited now, even though I dont give a crap about golf. :D

The 'Traffic Delays Likely' signs are a joy to behold! :rofl:
It's amazing how even just a regular golf event takes over an entire area, road closures, hijacked areas for parking all over the place. I never realized until the ATT was nearby this summer. Can't imagine what it will be like when the US Open is 5 minutes from my house (when it comes to Merion Golf Club).

If you know what any of these guys look like, Sharpie, I'll look forward to possible :sekret: sightings. :lol:

This is going to be an uphill battle for the US guys. Should be fun though! :watch:

Aceon6
09-13-2010, 05:33 PM
If you know what any of these guys look like, Sharpie, I'll look forward to possible :sekret: sightings. :lol:

Well, it's pretty easy to spot a golfer. Everything's tan except the forehead and the non-dominant hand. For women, watch for "golf feet" where the tan line ends abruptly at the ankle.

Rob
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Can't imagine what it will be like when the US Open is 5 minutes from my house (when it comes to Merion Golf Club).

People will ask if they can park cars in your yard for a fee.

SHARPIE
09-24-2010, 05:23 PM
:sekret: have informed me that the press have taken over 3 hotels (all fairly close together) ... screw the golfers, trying to convince friends that we need to 'frequent' these hotel bars this weekend/ next week.

As press at sporting events are always the most fun... not that Id know ;)

Aceon6
09-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Oh, Sharpie, I envy you! And yes, the press hotels ARE the most fun, although the caddys can give them a run for their money.

SHARPIE
09-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Must not even take bins out this week without being in full tiff (Even though I live in a quiet cul de sac) ... Samuel L Jackson and David Beckham have been spotted ! Wheee :swoon:

Aceon6
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
If you see Woosie, say hello. It's a damned shame he's not captain this time.

Catherine M
09-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I like following the Ryder Cup; for some reason I find the team aspect to be much more interesting than just some regular tournament. And I love how some of the press gets all involved with the wives/girlfriends and what they are doing.

Rob
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I know what I will be doing Sunday!!!

AYS
10-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I sure hope the US can get their shoes back on the right feet by tomorrow morning. :eek: Euros have a full head of steam heading into the final day.

I am totally exhausted. Have been up watching the last 2 mornings from the wee hours. :coffee: Plus dealing with a ton of work on the side. :fragile:

Lorac
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Got up early to watch some of the final day - the US nearly pulled it off - but McDowell really held his nerve and won it on the 16th hole with a clutch putt - 141/2 to 131/2 the final score!!