PDA

View Full Version : Do you Twitter?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Spinner
09-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Over the past several months I've come to know the awesomeness that is Twitter. I'll admit when I first signed up I didn't really get it, but now I check it 5 or 6 times a day. :D

Anyone else? And if so, do you follow anyone interesting/cool/informative/funny? Some of the fave users I follow are:

@neatorama--neat stuff! :lol:
@mashable--good general info about social media around the world
@nprnews
@TheTop10Blog--I'm a useless trivia buff
@uyeahu--of FSU fame! She's a hoot
@nerdist--Chris Hardwick, host of WebSoup. I love dork humor!
@jack--Jack Dorsey, creator of Twitter
@Alyssa_Milano--one of the 3 celebs I follow. Very charitable and helpful with her tweets, no inane celeb crap.
@RyanNewYork--he feeds the bleeding heart liberal in me
@stratfordsj--Sarah Jane Stratford, a NYC-based author. Another lefty with a big heart and bigger funny bone!
@harrislacewell--Melissa Harris Lacewell, super-smart Princeton prof and frequent guest on MSNBC news programs
@andyconnell--half of my fave band, Swing Out Sister. Dry humor and great wit.
@BreakingNews--Instant updates of up-to-the-minute news and headlines with links
@anteateradvance--my youngest brother, also a great wit

If anyone wants to follow me (I try to put good tweets/re-tweets out there with useful stuff when I can), pm and and I'll let you know my username. I'd post it here, but it's my real name. :P

uyeahu
09-03-2010, 06:31 AM
@uyeahu--of FSU fame! She's a hoot

:encore:

No love for @princessleppard and @fsuniverse? You are so fickle. ;)

Some of my favorite tweeters are:
@johncmayer - he just does it better than most and his late night tweets are hilarious.
@scottsimpson - funny
@badbanana - funny
@fireland - funny and SO INAPPROPRIATE
@drunkhulk - funny
@joshgroban - funny and cute
@tomandlorenzo - from Project Rungay
@EvanLysacek - not very entertaining but informative
@benfolds - love him
@kellyoxford - funny
@StrangeMembrane - interesting news stories
@kauf - great design/graphics info and links
@designtaxi - design stuff
@sandwichpolice - funny

And of course Spinner. :D

tarotx
09-03-2010, 10:00 AM
well I'm @tarotx (https://twitter.com/tarotx) but I just mostly tweet sytycd related stuff so I'm pretty boring. Or fan-girl crazy!!

milanessa
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I tried to register for twitter but the name milanessa is already taken. :drama:

Satellitegirl
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
I twitter now....I used to hate it but I found that I can follow some funny people and it brightens my day a bit.

I follow:

Conan O'Brien
Pablo Francisco (Stand-up Comedian)
Simon Pegg(from Shaun of the Dead)
John Cusack
Bill Bellamy
the local radio station here...G105
Demi Moore(because she tweets a lot)
Ashton Kutcher(because he tweets a lot too)

and quite a few others.

Kruss
09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I Twitter more than I Facebook, absolutely. But to follow me is to be subjected to a lot of David Cook stuff, although I do talk about a lot of other stuff.

Some of the fun celebs I follow include Josh Groban, Conan, and of course, @thedavidcook and his band members, plus a host of musicians.

I'm @songkat over there.

Norlite
09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
yeah, I'm on twitter. i just use it to read what's happening once in a while for people who interest me at the moment. Except for close friends and family, I'm constantly adding and deleting others.

At the moment I've fallen off a bit on my tweet reading, but I'm following:

pixiwoos - Sam Chapman, makeup artist from the UK
nixiepixi - Nic Chapman, her sister and another makeup artist
Rick Mercer - Canadian political commentor
Conan O'Brien - cause he makes me laugh and I love him
J_Butt- just cause I have since the beginning and can't bring myself to delete him
LyndaReeves - Canadian decorator, editor, God
Tommystatus- another Canadian decorator
twisst - follows the international space station and lets me know when it's over my house
Lisa_Eldridge- UK makeup artist

that's all right now because I deleted after last season. With skating starting and TV, I'll be adding and follow some others during those times.

I hardly ever tweet myself. Just cause I can't ever remember to. And I only have 8 followers anyway, and talk to them almost daily in other ways.

Norlite
09-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I twitter now....I used to hate it but I found that I can follow some funny people and it brightens my day a bit.

I follow:

Conan O'Brien
Pablo Francisco (Stand-up Comedian)
Simon Pegg(from Shaun of the Dead)
John Cusack
Bill Bellamy
the local radio station here...G105
Demi Moore(because she tweets a lot)
Ashton Kutcher(because he tweets a lot too)

and quite a few others.

Oh, I must add Cusack! :swoon:

I followed Kutcher for a while, and really enjoyed him, but I deleted him just because all my others got lost in his tweets. :lol:

NancyNC
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
@rainnwilson tweets some good off the wall stuff.

PrincessLeppard
09-03-2010, 05:58 PM
:encore:

No love for @princessleppard and @fsuniverse? You are so fickle. ;)

Yeah. :drama:

To be fair, I'm mostly on there to follow Jared Leto. :shuffle:

But I do also follow David Cook and Adam Lambert.

@common_squirrel is incredibly stupid, but funny.
@blueandyrooney is what a foul mouthed version of Andy Rooney.

And of course, @uyeahu and Mr. Spinner. :encore:

numbers123
09-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I really don't need anymore time wasting activities with Facebook, Facebook Games, and FSU (OK FSU is not time wasting, it gives me valuable information :) )

Erica Lee
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm @passion4skating but don't let the name fool you.. tweets about skating are few and far between.

The one celebrity I really appreciate on twitter just for the fact that her tweets are funny and random is @TheEllenShow

@FakeAPStylebook is hilarious for english language geeky types

BelleBway
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm on twitter but I don't really say anything much. Except when traveling domestically... in which cases I probably say too much. :lol:

martian_girl
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I recommend:

@nprmusic (http://twitter.com/nprmusic) - Great place to hear new music

@cakewrecks (http://twitter.com/cakewrecks) - Baking disasters galore

@tiwyf (http://twitter.com/tiwyf) - This Is Why You're Fat: a collection of disgusting and/or delicious calorie rich foods.

@StephenAtHome (http://twitter.com/StephenAtHome) - The official Twitter of Stephen T. Colbert

Garden Kitty
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm on twitter, but mostly to follow athletes in sports I follow. Cyclists (and team staff) seemed to be early adopters, but now a lot of skaters are on there too.

With many of the smaller cycling events not televised, direct reports from the riders about injuries, road conditions and results is one of the quickest ways to get information. I've seen the wife of the current world champion on twitter asking for reports on whether her husband was caught up in a mass crash and she got an answer from people on the scene even before the tv cameras sorted out the incident.

And without twitter, I'd have missed this pic of Ashley and Adam at Champs Camp (http://twitpic.com/2if7at) :lol: