PDA

View Full Version : Do you Twitter?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

skateycat
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I have on Twitter for almost 3 years now - @vurayav

While it can seem like a big time suck, I have found that my regular use of Twitter has made me more of a confident and deliberate editor. I find myself working hard to fit my idea into 140 characters without resorting 2 riting stuf lik dis.

Some favorite people I follow:

@cantufeelicks - Mexican figure skater Ana C. Cantu Felix. Oh she is wonderfully snarky! And she has replied to me when I have mentioned her / replied to her. Very fun.

@ICHCheezburger - I Can Haz Cheezburger. LOLcats et. al.

@FakeAPStylebook - I use the APA Manual heavily in grad school, and this one cracks me up!

Anita18
09-03-2010, 09:42 PM
For a seriously good laugh, check out the rapper 50Cents's Twitter (http://twitter.com/50CENT). You can tell exactly when he took control of it from his PR people - August 20, 2010 1:29:58 PM . :rofl:

star_gazer11
09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Ditto @FakeAPStylebook and @TheEllenShow

I also like
@j3r3bear - Jeremy Ten
@S_SylvesterGLEE

If you're a Whose Line Is It Anyway fan:
@JeffBryanDavis
@GregProops
@ColinMochrie - doesn't tweet a lot

I think Drew, Chip and Ryan are also on Twitter but I haven't checked them out yet.

zhenya271
09-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I started Twitter for the Olympics kept it going for the World Cup.

Does anyone happen to know of any good twitter translators? A lot of footballers are joining the twitter bandwagon, but babelfish just doesn't translate short blocks of text very well.

Is Brightquote an automatic feed to Twitterers? I noticed that Diego Maradona RT a quote that I had just received a few minutes earlier.

I rarely tweet myself, I use FB to communicate with my real friends.

dbny
09-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Over the past several months I've come to know the awesomeness that is Twitter. I'll admit when I first signed up I didn't really get it, but now I check it 5 or 6 times a day. :D

I am already too distracted to risk it, but some of the ones you follow are very tempting. Maybe I'll give it a try in a few months, when my attention span should start to normalize. My DH says I tweet constantly anway :rolleyes:.

Spinner
09-04-2010, 02:29 AM
:encore:

No love for @princessleppard and @fsuniverse? You are so fickle. ;)
Yes, I do follow (and lurve) both of them, but they never tweet. :P

I twitter now....I used to hate it but I found that I can follow some funny people and it brightens my day a bit.

I follow:

Simon Pegg(from Shaun of the Dead)
I follow him too! Again, dork humor is awesome. :lol:

Yeah. :drama:

To be fair, I'm mostly on there to follow Jared Leto. :shuffle:
Exactly. You're one of my favorite humans, but you never tweet. You should, you're smart and funny too. :D Same goes for Really. ;)

Really
09-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Really never really has anything really pithy worth really sharing on Twitter...

But I do follow a whole raft of people who are involved in education -- especially ed tech.

PrincessLeppard
09-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Yes, I do follow (and lurve) both of them, but they never tweet. :P

Tomo Milisevic (@tomofromearth), the guitarist for 30 Seconds to Mars, started following me about four months ago. I'm totally intimated now. (Which is weird, because I have no trouble talking to him in real life. But what if he shows a tweet to Jared and Jared thinks it's stupid? :drama: :P)

Spinner
09-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Tomo Milisevic (@tomofromearth), the guitarist for 30 Seconds to Mars, started following me about four months ago. I'm totally intimated now. (Which is weird, because I have no trouble talking to him in real life. But what if he shows a tweet to Jared and Jared thinks it's stupid? :drama: :P)More stupid than when you see him in person? Nah...

uyeahu
09-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Tomo Milisevic (@tomofromearth), the guitarist for 30 Seconds to Mars, started following me about four months ago. I'm totally intimated now. (Which is weird, because I have no trouble talking to him in real life. But what if he shows a tweet to Jared and Jared thinks it's stupid? :drama: :P)

I've gotten a DM from Slash and was retweeted by Danny Lohner. :shuffle:

PrincessLeppard
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
More stupid than when you see him in person? Nah...

:drama:

;)

luna_skater
09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
For a seriously good laugh, check out the rapper 50Cents's Twitter (http://twitter.com/50CENT). You can tell exactly when he took control of it from his PR people - August 20, 2010 1:29:58 PM . :rofl:

For a better laugh, check this out: http://twitter.com/English50cent

Proper English translation of 50's Tweet's.

:rofl:

Nora_Charles
09-07-2010, 10:45 PM
The "do you Twitter" question reminds me of a hilarious exchange between Stephen Colbert and Meredith Viera on The Today Show. (It's a little beyond PG-13 lol)

Anyway! :lol: I am on Twitter, but I never tweet (I do not feel I'm important enough! haha). I follow a random mix of people, some comedians, a blogger, makeup artists that I watch on youtube, all the hosts/pros/"celebs" from DWTS...nothing exciting!

Nora_Charles
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
For a better laugh, check this out: http://twitter.com/English50cent

Proper English translation of 50's Tweet's.

:rofl:

AWESOME. :respec:

Orable
09-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I kind of want to start twittering (tweeting?) now just so I can follow Spinner, PL and Uyeahu :shuffle: