PDA

View Full Version : Hostage situation at Discovery Building in Silver Spring, MD

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rob
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/crime-and-public-safety/discovery-building-being-evacu.html
Breaking report that a man who appears to have an explosive device attached to him is in the lobby of the Discovery Channel bldg in Silver Spring MD. Shots have been fired and he reportedly has a hostage.

Satellitegirl
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Disgruntled employee maybe?

Hope everyone is ok.

manleywoman
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Nope, he sounds like a nutcase.

Rob
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
There is a report he is demanding better science programming, but I don't know if that is true.

DickButtonFan
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Sounds like he's mad discovery isn't doing enough to save the planet. Don't know what is wrong with these types, why then go bomb part of the planet then? Must be mental illness. Sad.

Allen
09-01-2010, 08:12 PM
There is a report he is demanding better science programming, but I don't know if that is true.

I heard that too and I thought, no, that can't be true....perhaps it is??? :slinkaway: Wow, if that is true...

Satellitegirl
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/01/AR2010090103911.html?hpid=topnews

There was this:

"All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions," it reads. "In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it."

While I'm for cutting down population numbers and not having big families....this is SLIGHTLY the wrong way to go about it :P

Allen
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
While I'm for cutting down population numbers and not having big families....this is SLIGHTLY the wrong way to go about it :P

Only slightly? ;) And let's face it, all of those weird baby shows on TLC is kind of what gets the viewers. I used to get freaked out when the baby commercials would come on during Trading Spaces. I just hope no one ends up getting killed over this.

Satellitegirl
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
slightly was sarcastic of course :P

susan6
09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Only slightly? ;) And let's face it, all of those weird baby shows on TLC is kind of what gets the viewers. I used to get freaked out when the baby commercials would come on during Trading Spaces. I just hope no one ends up getting killed over this.

Yeah, I was wondering why he's protesting the Discovery Channel when its The Learning Channel that has several shows on multiples and all that stuff. Are both channels owned by the same company? (Edit: apparently they are, I didn't realize that)

This whackjob's got a point about overpopulation. But hurting a TV channel's employees is not going to accomplish anything.

Allen
09-01-2010, 08:46 PM
^ I think Discovery owns TLC

danceronice
09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I doubt he cares about the finer points of network ownership, really.

Anita18
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
WHO WOULD WANT TO HURT DISCOVERY CHANNEL???

Discovery Channel is awesome. :(

Hopefully this'll get sorted out soon without any violence. I hate nutcases.....

Satellitegirl
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I love the whole world...but not the nutcases... boom diadda boom diadda boom diadda boom diadda.....

Nora_Charles
09-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Just in on MSN - the gunman has been shot and is in custody, all the hostages are safe! Thank God, or whomever's in charge up there! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001