PDA

View Full Version : CA Doctor gets trapped in ex-bf's chimney, dies

Pages : 1 2 [3]

orbitz
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I just don't understand how anyone can look down the inside of a chimney and thinks she would be ok sliding down it.

I don't think the guy could've stuffed her dead body inside the chimney though. He would have a hard time dragging her body up to the roof and then to the chimney level.

You know how most chimney's openings have some sort of cover over it to keep out animals? I think those cover should now have locks on them to keep out people also, or the builders should just make the opening really narrow now.

milanessa
09-01-2010, 11:35 PM
BTW, the story linked in the original post has been updated with info from the coroner that she died because she wasn't able to expand her lungs enough to breath when she was stuck in the chimney.

Sounds like a slow and horrible way to go. :(

Prancer
09-01-2010, 11:46 PM
You know how most chimney's openings have some sort of cover over it to keep out animals? I think those cover should now have locks on them to keep out people also, or the builders should just make the opening really narrow now.

I refuse to put a lock on my chimney cap to keep people out of it. Sorry. People have no business climbing into chimneys and I don't think there enough of them who do that it requires everyone else to worry about it.

And wouldn't a really narrow opening present a fire hazard?

jamesy
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Prancer, are you burnt-out on chimneys after working so long for your last boss, Santa? :saint:

Anita18
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a slow and horrible way to go. :(
I was gonna say, sounds like how a python or anaconda would kill their victims. :shuffle:

orbitz
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
And wouldn't a really narrow opening present a fire hazard?

I meant just narrow enough so that even a skinny adult couldn't get into it but big enough for adequate ventilation. It could also be designed so that there are multiple tube openings grouped together instead of just one large opening.

Prancer
09-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Prancer, are you burnt-out on chimneys after working so long for your last boss, Santa? :saint:

Is Blue Ridge still spreading that rumor that I'm jolly?:mad:

Rex
09-02-2010, 02:11 AM

:lol: Aren't you?

Bev Johnston
09-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Santa has a lot to answer for

So does The Grinch. That's what I thought of when I first read this.

Bostonfan
09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I heard on the radio that at least one neighbor reportedly heard quiet pleas for help (but didn't do anything - ugh!). If true, then she wasn't dead when she went in there. What a ghastly way to die!

BlueRidge
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM

Worse yet, I've been saying you are kind.

How is Santa these days? Are you looking forward to all those rooftops in December?

oops, back to our original story...

Rex
09-03-2010, 02:06 AM
I wonder if a soot will come out of this... :o :slinkaway

Beefcake
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
grooooooooooooooan

Cupid
09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
... But if she was trying to break in, why the heck didn't she try smashing out a window rather than going down the chimney? :(

She didn't want to cut herself. :o