PDA

View Full Version : Important Info on Drowning Prevention

Pages : 1 [2]

Blue Bead
09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
I can really relate to that article; I was rescued from drowning when I was 10 years old. It happened in a large public swimming pool in Cincinnati. I was with my two male cousins, one three years older than me and the other the same age. I was closest to the older one when everything went haywire. I experienced every detail in that article. My cousin was clueless that I was in any sort of trouble. I couldn't call out because I was too busy trying to breathe. I still have nightmares of what my vision saw as my head bobbed in and out of the water. My body was vertical in the water with my arms outstretched. Try as I did I could not get my body to cooperate and float horizontally, and believe me, I tried. If it weren't for a sharp-eyed lifeguard I'd be long dead. It seemed that the lifeguard was in the water slipping his arm under me in the blink of an eye. I was out of the water and on the cement skirt around the perimeter of the pool in what seemed to be tenths of seconds. Oddly, I don't recall if he performed a formal resucitation on me. I was exhausted and I didn't really care; I was just extremely glad I was out of the water.