PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards Red Carpet and Ceremony (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]

oleada
08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
I think Jayma Mays had my favorite look of the night. From Glee, I also liked Jenna Ushkowitz's and Amber Riley's looks. Diana looked good; but it isn't my style. I liked Heather Morris's dress; not so much her makeup.

WTH was Rita Wilson thinking?! :scream: That one chick from the Office and Santana are also on my top three for wost dressed.

On the awards:

:cheer: Modern Family, Archie Panjabi, Jane Lynch!

:blah: Kyra Sedgewick...

venja
08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
I still dont understand what pouring beer on the stage had to do with the cancellation of Law and Order

There is a tradition amongst some people that when a loved one dies, you pour some kind of alcoholic beverage on the ground in tribute.

Jimmy basically copied it from the ending of the video by Boyz II Men (It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3mftcV0dY)

I thought that Jimmy did a sufficient job hosting the awards, but I guess that downloading the vid and not having to watch any of the commercials made the show go by quickly.

Archie Panjabi was the best surprise of the night, and I was shocked that Juliana Marguilies did not win (Kyra :huh:).

vesperholly
08-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Jimmy basically copied it from the ending of the video by Boyz II Men (It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3mftcV0dY)

I don't think anyone got the Boyz II Men parody ... it cracked me up. Boyz II Men were all the slow dances at my high school homecomings/proms.

Rex
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Did she say that Anna Paquin looks like a "Mata-whore" ? :lol:

Yes, she DID. She was awful. And hysterical. Only Joan can get away with being un-PC about things....

Kelly Osborne was actually not sucky as a commentator. I knew she was gonna be bitchy and catty, but she was not. Just honest and mildly snarky.

I miss the older guy, Leon whathisname. He and Joan complemented each other very well. Don't miss Melissa at all.

cruisin
08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
I think Kelly Osborne looks fantastic! And I agree she did a good job commentating. It's so nice to see that she is/has gotten her life together.