PDA

View Full Version : Emmy Awards Red Carpet and Ceremony (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

AshleyN
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
In the Glee cast vs. Mad Men fashion challenge, I think Glee completely trounced. Even with the not-so-great looks on "Santana" and "Brittany" I really enjoyed all the other females' outfits.Aww, I agree about Naya Rivera (Santana), but I thought Heather Morris (Brittany) looked gorgeous - the best I've seen her look at one of these things.

Dianna Agron is so pretty it's gross, but I didn't love the dress as much as some of you. I think the tiered skirt is what throws it off for me.

And yeah, Christina Hendricks and January Jones are ridiculously gorgeous women, so I don't know what possessed them to choose such hideous gowns.

My favourites were Lea Michele, Claire Danes, Nina Dobrev, and Jayma Mays.

cruisin
08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, Capella Dianna Agron is who I meant. The dress was my favorite too. the only other ones that came close, for me were - in order: Nina Dobrev, Claire Danes, and Lea Michelle.

I thought Glenn Close looked awful. And I thought Heidi Klum looked ridiculous. Heidi has to really work hard to not look amazing, but she managed to do it last night. The dress was too short, even for her fabulous legs. She looked chopped off.

KikiSashaFan
08-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Tom Hank's wife was by far the worst. Especially those shoes :yikes:

Satellitegirl
08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
My favorites: Sofia Vergara, Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, Kyra Sedgwick Claire Danes, Julie Benz....Glenn Close looked stunning for her age IMO.

worst by far was Rita Wilson...with Mindy Kaling a runner up.

hydro
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Other than Elizabeth Moss, the Mad Men women looked horrible. I wonder if it was some sort of joke on their part. Maybe having to be seen in costume all the time made them want to go totally crazy and do something "edgy."

I really think that was it. I think they have to look classic and dolled up on the show, they go an extra step on red carpets to not look that way. January Jones is notorious for her fashion choices. I didn't think Christina Hendricks looked terrible, just not the best. And Elizabeth Moss looked boring. She definitely played it safe.

What was with John Slattery's hair, btw? He looked like he was trying to be 17 with that style :lol:

mindy74
08-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Tom Hank's wife was by far the worst. Especially those shoes :yikes:

I was thinking the same thing. What happened to Rita...I didn't even recognize her at first.

Lauren Graham's dress looked like something Bea Arthur would have worn on Golden Girls.

Mindy Kaling is too short/curvy to wear the dress she did. Not flattering, IMO.

Jayma Mays looked adorable and Lea looked lovely.

Claire Danes, as I stated before, looked nice but her face...she looked at least a decade older than her actual age.

I also thought Maura Tierney looked good considering her bout with cancer.

Wyliefan
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Lauren Graham's dress looked like something Bea Arthur would have worn on Golden Girls.

. . . or maybe even in her Maude days.

Allskate
08-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Emmy opening on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj2LyeZEclg) in case anyone missed it

Thanks! That was fun!

kittyjake5
08-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Emmy opening on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj2LyeZEclg) in case anyone missed it

Thank you. That was a great intro.

AshleyN
08-30-2010, 11:05 PM
My favorites: Sofia Vergara, Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, Kyra Sedgwick Claire Danes, Julie Benz....Glenn Close looked stunning for her age IMO.

worst by far was Rita Wilson...with Mindy Kaling a runner up.Ooh, I forgot about Sofia Vergara, but I agree. I actually saw her on a couple of worst lists, but I thought she looked amazing.

deltask8er
08-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Reminds me of his classic opening to the 2002 MTV awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLg7V5hMeU

Still makes me PML :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Especially when he impersonates Enrique Iglesias.

Rex
08-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Joan Rivers is on attack on E! Fashion Police right now....:rofl: she's so fricking eville!

deltask8er
08-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Joan Rivers is on attack on E! Fashion Police right now....:rofl: she's so fricking eville!

Did she say that Anna Paquin looks like a "Mata-whore" ? :lol:

my little pony
08-31-2010, 05:10 AM
I still dont understand what pouring beer on the stage had to do with the cancellation of Law and Order

Coco
08-31-2010, 05:15 AM
There is a tradition amongst some people that when a loved one dies, you pour some kind of alcoholic beverage on the ground in tribute.

I'm thrilled Modern Family won some awards. Please don't let it go the way of Arrested Development. It's too good!