PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Theatregirl1122
08-30-2010, 02:02 AM
You, too! I'm afraid that's why I don't post a lot in the ToToToToT thread. I know a lot of triva but I can't think of it sometimes quick enough to post it. :lol:

Is that what that thread is for?

kimkom
08-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Is that what that thread is for?

:lol: I've never been in those threads, but I always wondered what they were.

ryanbfan
08-30-2010, 05:06 AM
I am actually from SashaFans (hi lanieee) and I used to post there often. I think me and Lanie actually ran the forum (SashaFans) and everyone was kindof afraid of us, but it's fine.

You guys will like me, even if I still don't post alot. I go to as many events as I can. I'm also funny, charming, and I like to bite my nails.

I bring a bounty of videos and pictures that me or my boyfriend have taken at various events. Stars On Ice, Nationals, Shows, etc.

:D

Simone411
08-30-2010, 05:08 AM
:lol: I've never been in those threads, but I always wondered what they were.

Well it's sort of like trivia in a way. You think of a particular subject and give choices of what someone else might prefer. That's the best way I can explain it. For instance ...

Which do you prefer:

Snickers
Baby Ruth
Milky Way
Milk Duds
Mars Bar

I like to read the thread even though I don't participate. I did participate some when I first joined FSU but I like the Word Association and other ToToT thread better. You have to think of songs in the other ToToT thread. I'm pretty good at that ... sometimes. :lol:

Dr.Siouxs
08-30-2010, 05:12 AM
You, too! I'm afraid that's why I don't post a lot in the ToToToToT thread. I know a lot of triva but I can't think of it sometimes quick enough to post it. :lol:

ToToToT has nothing to do with trivia you silly woman! :lynch:

Simone411
08-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Yea ... but the problem is that you have to think of all the subjects and I can't think fast enough! At least not as fast as you play! :lol:

jazzpants
08-30-2010, 08:46 AM
They really call us F$U? :rolleyes: How ridiculous.If my memory serves me right, FSWorld was originally a free board that got shut down for a while with NO NOTICE. When it DID came back up, the owner wanted a LOT of money per month and per year to have access to the board to read and post! Thankfully, that board got shut down a month later b/c no one was willing to pay that insane amount to have access to that board. That's why it's called F$W

For what it's worth... I'm usually a skatingforums person... but have been a member of FSU for a LONG time and occasionally posts here. (See my profile for my "Join Date.") These days I'm more a Facebook person though. :lol:

Lanie
08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
If my memory serves me right, FSWorld was originally a free board that got shut down for a while with NO NOTICE. When it DID came back up, the owner wanted a LOT of money per month and per year to have access to the board to read and post! Thankfully, that board got shut down a month later b/c no one was willing to pay that insane amount to have access to that board. That's why it's called F$W

For what it's worth... I'm usually a skatingforums person... but have been a member of FSU for a LONG time and occasionally posts here. (See my profile for my "Join Date.") These days I'm more a Facebook person though. :lol:

Whoa, are you kidding? That is crazymakin'!

I happily donate to access the K&C. It's the least I can do to help Sharps out, and honestly, why not? That and FSU has the best skating news. And the PBPs are addicting, especially being unemployed and bored, so I stay up to snark with all of you wonderful people...

Anita18
08-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Whoa, are you kidding? That is crazymakin'!
No, I remember those days. I think I had just started posting on FSW when it got sold to iSkater and all of a sudden it was like, "Whoa, $70 a year just access the site? Screw you, I'm leaving!"

It was a perfect example of how not to do business on the internet. :o

Anyways, welcome to all new members and don't be afraid of the snark. Embrace it! :summer:

ks777
08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I used to post on USFSA.org board.. not sure they still have the message board..

Norlite
08-30-2010, 11:17 AM
If my memory serves me right, FSWorld was originally a free board that got shut down for a while with NO NOTICE. When it DID came back up, the owner wanted a LOT of money per month and per year to have access to the board to read and post! Thankfully, that board got shut down a month later b/c no one was willing to pay that insane amount to have access to that board. That's why it's called F$W

I have no idea to whom or why you are telling this story. Many many of us have been around forever and don't need a history lesson.

Plus, it has nothing to do with calling (and repeatedly) FSU, F$U.

Not comparable at all. And again, it's ridiculous.

Skittl1321
08-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Who called FSU F$U? I'm not saying it didn't happen- but it certainly wasn't a common occurence on SkatingForums- I can't recall ever seeing it.

Prancer
08-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Who called FSU F$U? I'm not saying it didn't happen- but it certainly wasn't a common occurence on SkatingForums- I can't recall ever seeing it.

I believe it was only one person. An interesting contradiction, that particular poster.

Allen
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM

In the quick scan of the site I did, I saw it a few times, so it was there.

manleywoman
08-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Okay, I've been away from my computer for several days, and wow, had no idea SF was shut down. Though I'll admit I only went there very occasionally, and mostly before the adult competitive season, since it was where a lot of discussion happened about upcoming events.

Meh. I like FSU better anyway.