PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37

Anita18
09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
As for the poster Bondo, IIRC, I believe he was dating a fan who called herself Kiki or something, and I think she ended up later dating a certain board administrator (about whom I still wonder how he went from rabid Kween fandom to loathing MK and becoming a huge Sasha fan)...correct me if I'm "misremembering" about the dating situation
That's what I was told as well. :watch:

MaryMotorMouth
09-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by Yazmeen
As for the poster Bondo, IIRC, I believe he was dating a fan who called herself Kiki or something, and I think she ended up later dating a certain board administrator (about whom I still wonder how he went from rabid Kween fandom to loathing MK and becoming a huge Sasha fan)...correct me if I'm "misremembering" about the dating situation

No, I remember it that same way, Yaz. IIRC, the infamous "Kwan lover then hater" board admin went from his scandolous internet love triangle to posting questions and pics about his flowers. :confused:

NancyNC, I know that sounds crazy but there was a time right before Barb stopped posting in 2008 and the owner was posting over there and was friends with her. Who knows but things can happen.

Simone, I know that this sounds crazy, but the owner of PITI was never friends with anyone. ;) I am sad to learn that people fell into that trap.

Does anyone remember VeryColdWater? She was a self-proclaimed legal eagle and always posted her opinions as fact. She was a mod at PITI for awhile but had a major go-round with the peachy owner of the board. VCW then morphed into other people at boards and when called on her BS she claimed her pseuds wrote just like her because they worked together? :lol:

RD
09-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Does anyone remember VeryColdWater? She was a self-proclaimed legal eagle and always posted her opinions as fact. She was a mod at PITI for awhile but had a major go-round with the peachy owner of the board. VCW then morphed into other people at boards and when called on her BS she claimed her pseuds wrote just like her because they worked together? :lol:

oh yeah, I forgot about her- she was one of the really blunt posters. I think she was also at MKF

NeilJLeonard
09-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Didn't Dave Sato also go by Dr. Dave as well? For those of us who were on the late night chat room with the Wild Prairie Women, I seem to remember that the most. He was a huge Tara fan!
Yep, DrDave, the love machine. All the ladies called him "Doctor" because he made them feel sooooo good....:rofl:

NJL

Spinner
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Yep, DrDave, the love machine. All the ladies called him "Doctor" because he made them feel sooooo good....:rofl:

NJL

actually, I believe drdave will tell you the "dr" stands for 'dirty'. He was freaky. Remember the talk of him sniffing the skates Tara signed? :scream:

Nomad
09-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Or how Kwan never won a GPF. When it was pointed out to him that she won the first one when it was still called The Championship Series Final. He was like "well, she NEVER won the GPF." I think his point was that Sasha was a better skater b/c of her one GPF win.

Interesting. I guess that makes Tatiana Malinina and Fumie Suguri better skaters than Kwan, too.

Kruss
09-17-2010, 07:06 PM

NJL

Holy cow, I forgot about DrDave!!! :eek:

actually, I believe drdave will tell you the "dr" stands for 'dirty'. He was freaky. Remember the talk of him sniffing the skates Tara signed? :scream:

And now I know why! :lol:

hirshey girl
09-17-2010, 07:24 PM

:eek::eek:Shudder...:scream: That is just disturbing and creepy.

Sparks
09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Interesting. I guess that makes Tatiana Malinina and Fumie Suguri better skaters than Kwan, too.

Good point! :)

NancyNC
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Simone, I know that this sounds crazy, but the owner of PITI was never friends with anyone. ;) I am sad to learn that people fell into that trap.

Fail. Completely wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. :watch:

NeilJLeonard
09-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Both...;)

Sniffing skates? Among other things. He was a *bit* odd...:biggrinbo

NJL

Louise
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM

NJL

Wasn't his name Dave Amore or something, also?

vesperholly
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Wasn't his name Dave Amore or something, also?

There's a Dave Amorde in the skating world, he's a professional photographer in SoCal. A few posts back someone said that Dave Sato = DrDave.

MaryMotorMouth
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Fail. Completely wrong. Sorry to disappoint you.
Not disappointed in the slightest. :lol:

Remember the talk of him sniffing the skates Tara signed?

I don't remember that, thank God!

skatingfan5
09-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Remember the talk of him sniffing the skates Tara signed? :scream:So .... um ....... :shuffle: .... trying to think of something ..... uh ...... :shuffle: ........ well now, let's see .... errr ...... :shuffle: ....... Maybe he was just a little confused? Yes, that's it, he was confused and he misremembered what Tara had said ... something about the SOUND of skates on fresh ice being like the SMELL of coffee in the morning to her? I think that's what she said. Maybe he had run out of coffee beans and needed a jolt to wake up? Maybe? Maybe? No? Oh well, then never mind. :slinkaway