PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Sparks
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
^^^ True story.
Every once in awhile, when I'm bored and surfing the web, I'll peek in there...then I kick my self for looking.

skatingfan5
09-15-2010, 06:25 PM
I just google-searched Barbnf (who all of the sane people used to call "Barf"!) and believe it or not, her board, The Think Tank, is still there. :wideeyes:
And she's still posting on it. :wideeyes: :wideeyes: :wideeyes:

^^^ True story.
Every once in awhile, when I'm bored and surfing the web, I'll peek in there...then I kick my self for looking.Must ... control ... the urge. I really don't want to have to :kickass: myself ... or warp my brain for the rest of the day. :lol:

PDilemma
09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
I just google-searched Barbnf (who all of the sane people used to call "Barf"!) and believe it or not, her board, The Think Tank, is still there. And she's still posting on it. :wideeyes:

And essentially talking to herself. It's kind of fascinating actually. :rolleyes:

skatingfan5
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
And essentially talking to herself. It's kind of fascinating actually. :rolleyes:It's kind of frightening, actually. I couldn't resist the urge and now my brain IS warped at finding that she is posting punctuation "corrections" to posts she made back in 2003. :yikes: And now I may have to severely restrict my use of the ellipsis since there are at least a dozen ellipses in every post of hers. Serves me right for refreshing my memory. :wall: Oh, well, I still have the em dash to fall back on. :D

genevieve
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I am really guilty of ellipsis abuse myself. :shuffle:

Love that she's correcting her own archived posts though. :scream:

MaryMotorMouth
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
And essentially talking to herself.
So, absolutely nothing has changed in 8 years in Barb's World. :wideeyes:

skatingfan5
09-15-2010, 08:31 PM
So, absolutely nothing has changed in 8 years in Barb's World. :wideeyes:Well, there are a few more/less commas, apostrophes, and quotation marks. But now that I think about it more, it's more sad than anything. The "Think Tank" is like some strange quasi-blog of hers that is not quite frozen in time. Her going back to correct her punctuation from 2003 is like she's dusting off an exhibit in a museum. :(

Anita18
09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I am really guilty of ellipsis abuse myself. :shuffle:

Love that she's correcting her own archived posts though. :scream:
:lol: Talk about bored! Or really really weird....:shuffle:

MaryMotorMouth
09-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, there are a few more/less commas, apostrophes, and quotation marks. But now that I think about it more, it's more sad than anything. The "Think Tank" is like some strange quasi-blog of hers that is not quite frozen in time. Her going back to correct her punctuation from 2003 is like she's dusting off an exhibit in a museum.

So I had to Google and go take a look. She is STILL talking about the "Smoking Gun" and ranting about her "view count" and eville people hacking into the board to mess with her view count. And she continues to post links to random news articles and attepmt to tie it back to her BigMKfan saga. I feel really bad because it is possible her head will explode as the "view counter" inexplicably raises. When I got to the post about the hacker disabling her new printer, I had to stop reading. And then chastised myself for poking the crazy even though I didn't post a word there. I sincerely hope she has some type of "supervision".

On a different note, after reading the members list I realized I have missed some scoop here!!! Someone should write a book or schill a script about experiences on the figure skating forum. Just thinking about casting the actors to portray the integral posters/characters makes me laugh!

skatingfan5
09-16-2010, 01:16 AM
So I had to Google and go take a look. She is STILL talking about the "Smoking Gun" and ranting about her "view count" and eville people hacking into the board to mess with her view count. And she continues to post links to random news articles and attepmt to tie it back to her BigMKfan saga. I feel really bad because it is possible her head will explode as the "view counter" inexplicably raises. When I got to the post about the hacker disabling her new printer, I had to stop reading. And then chastised myself for poking the crazy even though I didn't post a word there. I sincerely hope she has some type of "supervision".I couldn't find very much that was recent -- most threads seemed to have not had anything new for years. Clicked on one from last fall and at the top of the page in the "Friends" section it said "barbnf has 0 friends" -- and I'm afraid that I can believe that really is true, which is more than a little sad. I don't think I'll go back, lest the view counter increase. :slinkaway

ETA: I just found the recent posts. Nevermind.
On a different note, after reading the members list I realized I have missed some scoop here!!! Someone should write a book or schill a script about experiences on the figure skating forum. Just thinking about casting the actors to portray the integral posters/characters makes me laugh!Oy! Who would/could do justice to some of the :drama: here on FSU? :lol:

VALuvsMKwan
09-16-2010, 02:03 AM
David55 totally besmirched the noble number "5". :lynch: TaraWorld (I believe that was his board) definitely made for :wideeyes: reading at times -- OldGoat was :scream:. I may be confusing him with someone else, but iirc he had grandkids. I really shouldn't have been reading that site at all, but couldn't resist rubber-necking at times. :slinkaway

I had completely forgotten about the Sasha paper dolls. Barbnf, on the other hand, I will never be able to forget. :yikes: I wish that I could. Truly epic paranoia.

Dear OldGoat - I remember well the time someone opened a thread (I forget on which board) with a title named something like "Happy MLK Day", and his being outraged at the idea of a special day for Michelle L. Kwan. :eek: (Yes, I know her middle initial is not L...he, apparently, did not).

IIRC, when it was explained to him that the day really honored Dr. Martin Luther King, he simply huffed that he had never heard of such a day (should I mention that I do believe he lives/d in Arizona, which was highly publicized as not celebrating that holiday several years ago)

I always wondered if he was Tara's grandfather.

JerseySlore
09-16-2010, 02:11 AM
That's truly :rolleyes: and :eek: and :mad: and :wideeyes:

hirshey girl
09-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Dear OldGoat - I remember well the time someone opened a thread (I forget on which board) with a title named something like "Happy MLK Day", and his being outraged at the idea of a special day for Michelle L. Kwan. :eek: (Yes, I know her middle initial is not L...he, apparently, did not).

IIRC, when it was explained to him that the day really honored Dr. Martin Luther King, he simply huffed that he had never heard of such a day (should I mention that I do believe he lives/d in Arizona, which was highly publicized as not celebrating that holiday several years ago)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol: I had forgotten about that. I remember thinking :huh: then :eek:. Thanks for all the memories! I always wondered if Old Goat and David55 found new obsessions.

skatingfan5
09-16-2010, 03:08 AM
OMG, I'd forgotten about OldGoat's outrage at Michelle L. Kwan day -- a national holiday just for the Kween! :rofl: And there is no way in heck that OldGoat is/was Tara's grandpa -- or if he was, she didn't treat him very well since he had to buy his own tickets just to see her skate in SOI.

MaryMotorMouth
09-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Oy! Who would/could do justice to some of the here on FSU?

Jennifer Love Hewitt is defintely cast and of course Tilda! And we simply have to have Bono to pull off the MLK. (No one can honor that man like Bono can sing it)!

And then we have Holly Madison, Kim K, and Jewel waiting to fill in the rest of the characters. Anthony Hopkins, Courtney Love, and the dudes from Oasis make a brief appearance. Jeff Lewis gets offended and then Kim Zolciak appears. Johnny Carson is there too, cause you must have that slam! to make it stick.

Hi VAL!!!