PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37

Prancer
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Haven't been here nor read in a very long time. This thread was quite nostalgic as I stumbled upon it today.

What serendipitous timing, MMM.

Long time, no see.

MaryMotorMouth
09-14-2010, 08:02 PM
What serendipitous timing, MMM.

Long time, no see.

Hi Prancer!

I'm fairly certain I might have been banned if I'd been posting during the MK Tara War. I was in grad school and too busy for the internet and had to suffer and shout obscenities about Tara all by myself.

Does anyone remember the raving lunatic that was a Tara fan? Dave or David55 or something? I remember he was middle aged and had a shrine to Tara in his house he would post pictures of. IIRC, he moded some board with someone I think named OldGoat and then they got in a big ole brawl over something. Probably over which middle aged creeper Tara loved more.

And loveskating and her unbiased appreciation for all things Sasha, but anyone who appreciated Michelle's skating was "demonizing" loveskating by replying to her posts. Last I knew she was making online paperdolls of Sasha on some site. (Yes, you could dress Sasha up in different oufits and stuff.) I admit to getting sucked into that hot mess. Never before or since has a poster made me want to bash my head into the wall.

And that crazy whackadoodle others have mentioned - the infamous Barb. If it's the poster I am thinking of, she was from Hawaii, was always "opining" asking others to "read for understanding." She was incessantly claiming her board was hacked and insinuated the FBI was involved. Complete nutter.

RD
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Does anyone remember the raving lunatic that was a Tara fan? Dave or David55 or something? I remember he was middle aged and had a shrine to Tara in his house he would post pictures of. IIRC, he moded some board with someone I think named OldGoat and then they got in a big ole brawl over something. Probably over which middle aged creeper Tara loved more.

Holy crap, I remember that. Wow, this thread is sure bringing a lot of old-time posters out of "retirement"!

That guy was just as if not more creepy than even the worst of the Kwaniacs...

UGG
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Holy crap, I remember that. Wow, this thread is sure bringing a lot of old-time posters out of "retirement"!

hahah. I remember him. He seriously was scary with his hatred toward MK.

skatingfan5
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
<trio of memory refreshers>David55 totally besmirched the noble number "5". :lynch: TaraWorld (I believe that was his board) definitely made for :wideeyes: reading at times -- OldGoat was :scream:. I may be confusing him with someone else, but iirc he had grandkids. I really shouldn't have been reading that site at all, but couldn't resist rubber-necking at times. :slinkaway

I had completely forgotten about the Sasha paper dolls. Barbnf, on the other hand, I will never be able to forget. :yikes: I wish that I could. Truly epic paranoia.

Sparks
09-14-2010, 11:41 PM
wow.
MaryMotorMouth got it right. I'm glad I never knew about the paper dolls...until now, that is.

I'm sorry David55 besmirched the noble 5. :(

Prancer
09-15-2010, 01:25 AM
And loveskating and her unbiased appreciation for all things Sasha, but anyone who appreciated Michelle's skating was "demonizing" loveskating by replying to her posts.

:rofl: I had forgotten all about loveskating (as hard as that is to believe).

Heh heh. Lots of stuff coming back to me now. Heh heh heh.

mkats
09-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Hi Prancer!
And loveskating and her unbiased appreciation for all things Sasha, but anyone who appreciated Michelle's skating was "demonizing" loveskating by replying to her posts [snip] Never before or since has a poster made me want to bash my head into the wall.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way :lol: Now I'm really curious to know what name she uses here....:shuffle:

musicgurl
09-15-2010, 03:14 AM
David55 totally besmirched the noble number "5". :lynch: TaraWorld (I believe that was his board) definitely made for :wideeyes: reading at times -- OldGoat was :scream:. I may be confusing him with someone else, but iirc he had grandkids. I really shouldn't have been reading that site at all, but couldn't resist rubber-necking at times. :slinkaway

I had completely forgotten about the Sasha paper dolls. Barbnf, on the other hand, I will never be able to forget. :yikes: I wish that I could. Truly epic paranoia.

At least we have you to redeem "5" for us.

MaryMotorMouth
09-15-2010, 05:24 AM
TaraWorld (I believe that was his board) definitely made for reading at times -- OldGoat was . I may be confusing him with someone else, but iirc he had grandkids.
I had forgotten the name of the board, but I do think it was TaraWorld!

I remember being able to read there and then after the fight with the goat, (and some major poking the crazy from other folks) you had to do something weird with a rose to gain readership. I remember roses all over the home page. At that point I never went back. Yes, I do think OldGoat had grandchildren. The reference to goats and kids almost squicked me out as much as the thought of David55 and OldGoat rummaging through garbage bins to find Tara’s old underwear squicked me out. And the hatred of Michelle Kwan was palpable. Really scary

had forgotten all about loveskating (as hard as that is to believe).

Heh heh. Lots of stuff coming back to me now. Heh heh heh.
Please tell me you are remembering SashaFlutzGate? Remember how she would try to stop all posts by proclaiming that her daughter who skated as a youth watched it live and anyone else, including other posters, coaches or commentators “got it wrong” cause her daughter watched it and told her Sasha didn’t flutz? Loveskating would try to bring home her point by adding, “Dontcha know”. And if you challenged her posts, she would threaten to leave the boards? At that time, I tried soooo hard to get her to go. That being said, I always felt very sorry knowing that poster had a child. I still do now that I think about it.

And then there was the love triangle which I am a little sketchy on. But it caused a major incident at the time. Some dude named Bondo? who was very into higher education (or what he perceived as higher education and would always challenge other because of his IQ scores) Befriended? Seduced? Got laid? Loved? Dated? Came Out? Boinked? some girl and then someone else got their panties in a huge wad and previously quiet crazies got in a major uproar. That whole fiasco was a cornucopia of bannings.

NeilJLeonard
09-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Prancer!

OldGoat is registered on FSU under that name. He's not posted since 2006. IIRC he told me that the people here were too mean. He has a point...;)

If the Dave you are talking about is the one I think you are talking about he is also registered here. He's not posted here since 2005. He left here for the MKF. He was a member in good standing there for years. He was also a member of FSW during the Tara/Kwan war years and was a frequent contributor to the nightly "Midnight Ramble" in the chatroom. There he was often hilarious.

There were several Dave's in the TaraFan era. One of them was a total horse's ass, if memory serves, and I bumped heads with him often. Consequently, I could be talking about the wrong Dave since this one was a very affable character. However, he's the only one that I remember having a "shrine". He had a display box for an autographed pair of Tara's old skates that he'd acquired somehow. For him it was done in good fun.

As far as I know neither Dave nor OG were mods on any of the various Tara boards that existed @ 1998 - 200?. Frequent posters, yes, but that is as far as it went. That other Dave may have been a mod on a private site that was very, very difficult to post on.

NJL (...mod on taralipinski dot com for a year or so...until that other *Dave*, amongst others, got me replaced for not being "strict" enough with various negative posters...:rolleyes:...it was fun while it lasted...:lol:...)

VIETgrlTerifa
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
If the Dave you are talking about is the one I think you are talking about he is also registered here. He's not posted here since 2005. He left here for the MKF. He was a member in good standing there for years. He was also a member of FSW during the Tara/Kwan war years and was a frequent contributor to the nightly "Midnight Ramble" in the chatroom. There he was often hilarious.

There were several Dave's in the TaraFan era. One of them was a total horse's ass, if memory serves, and I bumped heads with him often. Consequently, I could be talking about the wrong Dave since this one was a very affable character. However, he's the only one that I remember having a "shrine". He had a display box for an autographed pair of Tara's old skates that he'd acquired somehow. For him it was done in good fun.

As far as I know neither Dave nor OG were mods on any of the various Tara boards that existed @ 1998 - 200?. Frequent posters, yes, but that is as far as it went. That other Dave may have been a mod on a private site that was very, very difficult to post on.

...)

I think you're thinking of DaveSato who I remember used to love going to MKF to play "devil's advocate." I always thought it was annoying because he seemed only to do it to rile people up.

skatingfan5
09-15-2010, 02:40 PM
OldGoat is registered on FSU under that name. He's not posted since 2006. IIRC he told me that the people here were too mean. He has a point...;)OldGoat on FSU? :wideeyes: I guess I must have missed any and all of his posts.
If the Dave you are talking about is the one I think you are talking about he is also registered here. He's not posted here since 2005. He left here for the MKF. He was a member in good standing there for years. He was also a member of FSW during the Tara/Kwan war years and was a frequent contributor to the nightly "Midnight Ramble" in the chatroom. There he was often hilarious.The "Dave" that I have been talking about is most definitely NOT the Dave to whom I believe you are referring (that "Dave" used his entire RL name for his forum name -- I won't spell it out here, but the first letter of his last name was "S". He was definitely a Tara uber (back from the old CBS Sportsline Nagano forums) and frequently liked to "stir the pot" but he did have a sense of humor -- and a grip on reality -- and was nothing like David55, who really was :yikes:.
There were several Dave's in the TaraFan era. One of them was a total horse's ass, if memory serves, and I bumped heads with him often. Consequently, I could be talking about the wrong Dave since this one was a very affable character. However, he's the only one that I remember having a "shrine". He had a display box for an autographed pair of Tara's old skates that he'd acquired somehow. For him it was done in good fun. DaveS did have that "semi-shrine" with the pair of Tara's skates, but he couldn't hold a candle to David55, who I recall was a mod at TaraWorld -- or at least took on the role of one -- I believe that he had a falling out with someone named "Brad" who originally ran Tara's official site (how can I remember these names after more than a decade? :confused: :lol: )
NJL (...mod on taralipinski dot com for a year or so...until that other *Dave*, amongst others, got me replaced for not being "strict" enough with various negative posters...:rolleyes:...it was fun while it lasted...:lol:...) I think "that other Dave" set up TaraWorld, and he definitely liked to enforce "strict" posting behavior.

I should say that some of the various "Dave" Tara ubers also besmirched the noble name of "David" (which is very special to me), so David55 was a multiple offender. :kickass: :lynch:

NeilJLeonard
09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
OldGoat on FSU? :wideeyes: I guess I must have missed any and all of his posts.The "Dave" that I have been talking about is most definitely NOT the Dave to whom I believe you are referring (that "Dave" used his entire RL name for his forum name -- I won't spell it out here, but the first letter of his last name was "S". He was definitely a Tara uber (back from the old CBS Sportsline Nagano forums) and frequently liked to "stir the pot" but he did have a sense of humor -- and a grip on reality -- and was nothing like David55, who really was :yikes:. DaveS did have that "semi-shrine" with the pair of Tara's skates, but he couldn't hold a candle to David55, who I recall was a mod at TaraWorld -- or at least took on the role of one -- I believe that he had a falling out with someone named "Brad" who originally ran Tara's official site (how can I remember these names after more than a decade? :confused: :lol: ) I think "that other Dave" set up TaraWorld, and he definitely liked to enforce "strict" posting behavior.

I should say that some of the various "Dave" Tara ubers also besmirched the noble name of "David" (which is very special to me), so David55 was a multiple offender. :kickass: :lynch:

A case of correct ID in post #492...;)... DaveSato was a hoot. I miss him.

The other Dave was not a hoot. He was a difficult man. I think that Dave55 was his nickname at that.

Brad was/is Brad Miller, Tara's longtime WebMaster. I"d heard much about him back then. Not all of it good. Let it be known that he treated me very well in all ways way back then. I never had a problem with him. He helped me out fantastically many, many times. He also started/founded/created FSU after he got the red-screen-of-death from FSW. Eventually he passed FSU on to SHARPIE.

He also started Tara's website & current message board. It still exists, but Brad is no longer involved. I think that it is the last one left of the multitude that existed then. I was a mod on the current message boards predecessor founded by another poster on FSU that was aboard & posting during the last Olympics. I was dropped as a mod when Brad's board took over from that message board. Brad's board was much more restricted.

I went to Tara's site to see what I can see, but I've forgotten my password & don't feel like going through the rigamarole of getting a new one...:o The last time I went there, to wish her a belated Happy B'day, my post was the 1st one there in months. Still, there have been new pics of her posted from time to time. She's grown up.

NJL

FigSk8Fan
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM

I just google-searched Barbnf (who all of the sane people used to call "Barf"!) and believe it or not, her board, The Think Tank, is still there. And she's still posting on it. :wideeyes: