PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

dots
08-28-2010, 05:35 AM
First there was FSW. Then there was FSWu, followed by FSU. They were both up and running for quite a while.

Then FSW shut down and most people from FSW migrated here.

Then Adrian started Skatingforums for some of the people who missed FSW.

That's the very short and simple version.

I see... well I'm glad I landed here and not over there :smokin:

IceJunkie
08-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Are we really that snarky? I hadn't noticed. :lol:

Welcome Artemis!

Jayar
08-28-2010, 06:04 AM
And as for Jayar, he's been on skating forums longer than me! Incl the old FSW so please take his comments the way they are intended rather than cry all over SF that some nasty person on F$U (lol) told you to suck it.

Then we'll be fine :)

:lol::encore:

ETA: I have been trolling skating message boards for almost 14 years now. OMG! I was a baby! Figure skating boards stole my youth! That's my excuse, but Prancer's was stolen long before the internet, so what's her excuse?

Spinner
08-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Excuse me, but if a fragile, delicate flower like myself can thrive here, I think anyone can. :drama:

I see Tigger found out where you live :eek:

Aaron W
08-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Are we really that snarky? I hadn't noticed. :lol:

Welcome Artemis!

Jayar is snarkie. And Allezfred. And poths. And Prancer. FSU newbies should watch out for that last one especially.

Lanie
08-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Adrian is shutting down SashaFans as well, though I think a considerable number of people who post there post here anyway. I joined FSU a few months after SF. Gawd, when I was in high school. :drama:

orientalplane
08-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Me too from the sound of it, though until today I had never heard of SkatingForums. :confused: :lol:

allezfred
08-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Jayar is snarkie. And Allezfred. And poths. And Prancer. FSU newbies should watch out for that last one especially.

allezfred and poths are Irish so we say "shit" and "fcuck" a lot too. We can't help it. It's genetic. :shuffle:

numbers123
08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
fwiw - I came over to the :dark side: a couple of years ago. When I first starting reading/posting there were several posters that terrified me, But then I just learned that they have a different posting personata and really are a lot of fun to "be around". There are times that I engage in personality wars - so that is my fault even moreso than a particular poster. The skating pbps are awesome, particularly for those events not in my country.

There are quite a few members who stay silent for years. I guess that is ok too. Just like anything, change is what you make of it. It can be the worst thing that ever happened to you or it can be a wonderful adventure but life is never stagnet. You can choose.

As I said the posters who scared me most - I find among the most interesting now.

/niceness :P

vesperholly
08-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Er, I'm kind of excited to have everyone come to FSU! As long as all the awesome On Ice peeps from SF migrate to Moves in the Field, it'll be the best of both worlds. :D

WindSpirit
08-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Jayar is snarkie. And Allezfred. And poths. And Prancer. FSU newbies should watch out for that last one especially. Yeah, she eats newbies for lunch. And she hasn't had her lunch yet...

Don't believe only the ones who claim to be the nice admins... :D :lol:

Norlite
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
......... cry all over SF that some nasty person on F$U (lol) told you to suck it.

They really call us F$U? :rolleyes: How ridiculous.

Hey, like you've been told, many of the forums on this site are free. You are never forced to pay, your choice.

Go ahead and post to your heart's content on those forums as we pick up the cost for you.

Oh, and welcome. :saint:

pat c
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi all! I've been a "member" here for several years, but haven't posted for a very long time. I just got into the habit of using SkatingForums instead -- not because it was better, obviously, just habit I guess. And I'm enough of an online addict that supporting 2 forums was not going to be healthy for me.

Anyway, with SkatingForums shutting down (insert very very sad emoticon here), I expect I'll be here more often from now on. I'm sure I'll be welcome. Um, right?

Yes. Welcome. :) There's a little something for everyone.

skatesindreams
08-28-2010, 02:33 PM

As am I!
I'm familiar with all of those other boards.
However, I'm comfortable in this "lively" atmosphere.
There's a place for everyone's opinion/thoughts, here.

Welcome!

alhrayth
08-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Er, I'm kind of excited to have everyone come to FSU! As long as all the awesome On Ice peeps from SF migrate to Moves in the Field, it'll be the best of both worlds. :D

Yup, basically the On Ice forum was the only bit of SF that I read (when I used to skate, now that I'm off ice, I check it only rarely), because the rest is soooo bland... the area reserved for news and skating discussion is always almost empty!!! OTOH the MITF area here is not as lively... but the posters dedicated to those topics could happily post there, maybe avoiding the most "lively" ;) areas if they feel they are not a good fit for them!

They really call us F$U? :rolleyes: How ridiculous.

But there are lots of free parts here too! From the kind of discussion I've seen over there, GSD, MITF and OTBT should plenty suffice, without paying a cent! (then, as I think numbers said, for the "stronger of hearts" the private areas are worth every penny!!! )