PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

milanessa
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
LOL. I registered at PITI, read for 5 minutes, didn't like it and didn't come back. 1 or 2 years later, when I had totally forgotten about it, I got a mail telling me I was banned because lurkers ans spys from other boards weren't welcome :D. Talk about being parano´d. I thought I was the only "spy" they had smoked out :saint:

:sekret:

LilJen
09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
At the Adult Competitions in Europe, people throw chocolate to the skaters. :)

At the Buckeye Adult Open every November, everyone gets. . . BUCKEYES!! (chocolate/peanut butter candy).

Yazmeen
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I still remember Nationals 98 when someone tossed a Taz stuffed toy (in the BOX no less) at Nicole Bobek after she finished and it missed her head by about 2 inches. The announcer made a stern statement about not doing such things for the safety of the skaters, or you would be removed, etc.

DH and I were volunteers, and he worked in the announcing booth. He found out later that someone from USFS came up and read a riot act to the announcer about his statement. Seems it was a higher up in USFS who liked Nicole who threw Taz...guess you have a dispensation to be an idiot at that level. :wideeyes::rolleyes:

essence_of_soy
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
People used to throw plush toy bananas for Holly Cook after she skated. I never understood the reference.

Also, I believe Audrey Weisseger used to throw a good luck toy pony for Mike Weiss.

alhrayth
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Didn't someone here sitting up front get hit in the back of the head w/ a pink purse containing an onion and a potato after one of Johnny's skates at Nationals? I remember us all trying to figure what sort of message that was supposed to send :rofl:

:wideeyes: LOL... I'd really love to know what that should mean!

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 02:59 PM
But folks, think about it- if someone as high-profile as MK kept EVERY SINGLE GIFT she received...all those flowers and stuffed animals from the competitions, the stuff her fans give to her...a warehouse wouldn't even be big enough. :lol:

HEY! Maybe MK is a pathological hoarder! . . . DUH-DUH-DUUUUUHHH!, ya never know about some people. *in deranged high-pitch voice* MEEEEEEEEEEPPP . . . MEEP! ;):P

milanessa
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM
HEY! Maybe MK is a pathological hoarder! . . . DUH-DUH-DUUUUUHHH!, ya never know about some people. *in deranged high-pitch voice* MEEEEEEEEEEPPP . . . MEEP! ;):P

:huh:

Yazmeen
09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
:wideeyes: LOL... I'd really love to know what that should mean!

I have no idea about the pink purse (unless they thought he might think it was fashionable) but my guess would be that the onion and potato were to give it weight so it would make it to the ice (which it obviously didn't)!!!!

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Condom bouquets and room keys :sekret:.

It wasn't me, that's all I can say.

Too funny! :rofl::hat1::P

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
:huh:

It was a joke! Have you never heard of the tv show "Hoarders" that airs on the A&E Network? www.aetv.com/hoarders/index.jsp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoarders

manleywoman
09-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I still remember Nationals 98 when someone tossed a Taz stuffed toy (in the BOX no less) at Nicole Bobek after she finished and it missed her head by about 2 inches. The announcer made a stern statement about not doing such things for the safety of the skaters, or you would be removed, etc.

DH and I were volunteers, and he worked in the announcing booth. He found out later that someone from USFS came up and read a riot act to the announcer about his statement. Seems it was a higher up in USFS who liked Nicole who threw Taz...guess you have a dispensation to be an idiot at that level. :wideeyes::rolleyes:

Ugh.

I remember when Frank Carroll got beaned on the head by a huge stuffed penguin a few years back. It was a hard hit. I felt very badly for him.

JerseySlore
09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm shocked none of the 1000+ stuffed toys managed to hit Yuna in gpf couple years ago in Korea:eek: Now that's an incredible collective will power to perfectly control the trajectory of thrown objects. :rofl:

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
This thread has been a very entertaining read!

I left MKF and haven't been back since after the "much ado about nothing" over Ashley Wagner not sufficiently congratulating Caroline Zhang on the medal podium at the 2009 Jr. Worlds. For something so insignificant, it sure got nasty, and not in a fun, snarky way either! With skating broadcasts leaving ESPN and not having a lot of detailed discussion and good reporting about competitions, I guess my time on that forum had lived its course anyway. Thankfully, there are much more detailed reports and unbiased discussions here! Some of the divine, holy references to Kwan were pretty creepy. She's a great champion figure skater and seemingly all around good person, but she's not Christ! Now skating forums have Christ Yu-Na to contend with. Many Johnny and Sasha ubers are very creepy too! :lol:

I also remember getting mocked there for agreeing that Jeff Buttle should have beaten Johnny Weir in the SP at 2008 Worlds and for daring to compliment something nice about Carolina Kostner's skating.

My opinions were often challenged by a poster there named missmarysgarden, who just wouldn't let up at all if you were to dare disagree with her.

I was never a member of the cliquey group at MKF. Totally against my style as I'm an outsider by nature.

I know some posters got fed up with and stopped posting at the GoldenSkate forum after the constant bashing of Evgeny Plushenko by Lysacek ubers.

Interesting :watch::wideeyes::rolleyes::huh::lynch::rofl: times!

The only forums I've ever been familiar with and posted at are: SkateForum (my first skating forum), MKForum, AbsoluteSkating (Stephane Lambiel's Forum), GoldenSkate, and FSUniverse.

Bev Johnston
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't Nancy Kerrigan get beaned by a teddy bear before the long program at the 1994 Olympics?

Prancer
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
My favorite was when Scott Hamilton got a bouquet of flowers right in the eye, stems first, and Dick Button went right on interviewing him while Scott cupped his streaming eye and said, "Ah! That hit me right in the eye!"

"Yes and what did you think of your performance?"

:lol::lol::lol: