PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Yazmeen
09-09-2010, 02:24 AM
I think the perspective here is mostly reminiscing about how wild the "old days" really could be (and how some things never change, ie: the Yu-Na/Brian drama of today).

From a different perspective of an adult skater, this does make me shake my head a bit and smile considering how those of us who compete at adult events usually do so for the camaraderie as much as the competition and madly cheer each other on and support each other. Of course, our "fans" are our families and friends and while they might be our "ubers" they are pretty well behaved!!!!

And I did dry and save one of the roses I got from some of our young skaters after a competition, and the teddy bear one threw for me is still in my skatebag... :)

purple skates
09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Heh. Adults throw underwear and alcohol on the ice sometimes, instead of stuffed animals. :summer:

MikiAndoFan#1
09-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Heh. Adults throw underwear and alcohol on the ice sometimes, instead of stuffed animals. :summer:

Really?!

:lol:

Someone threw a shoe after Mao's SP at Worlds 2009. I thought that was very disrespectful.

:lynch:

Allen
09-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Really?!

:lol:

Someone threw a shoe after Mao's SP at Worlds 2009. I thought that was very disrespectful.

I found that so bizarre, it was one of those, did that really happen moments.

Prancer
09-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Condom bouquets and room keys :sekret:.

It wasn't me, that's all I can say.

RD
09-09-2010, 03:03 AM

What about the stuffed animal that hit Yuna Kim in the head at SA 2009? :lynch:

MikiAndoFan#1
09-09-2010, 03:08 AM

:eek:

At least it was a stuffed animal!

VIETgrlTerifa
09-09-2010, 03:45 AM

I remember Yukari Nakano getting hit before her skate at Cup of China that caused quite a stir.

mkats
09-09-2010, 04:26 AM
Didn't someone here sitting up front get hit in the back of the head w/ a pink purse containing an onion and a potato after one of Johnny's skates at Nationals? I remember us all trying to figure what sort of message that was supposed to send :rofl:

The one event I've been to, my seats were so far back I was afraid to throw anything for fear of hitting a front row spectator. :shuffle:

IceJunkie
09-09-2010, 05:52 AM
I was at a COI show where someone threw a few Hershey bars on the ice after Sasha performed. :rofl:

FGRSK8
09-09-2010, 08:38 AM

I wouldn't mind if someone slid a few cases of beer out on the ice... :lol:

JerseySlore
09-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Didn't someone here sitting up front get hit in the back of the head w/ a pink purse containing an onion and a potato after one of Johnny's skates at Nationals? I remember us all trying to figure what sort of message that was supposed to send :rofl:

The one event I've been to, my seats were so far back I was afraid to throw anything for fear of hitting a front row spectator. :shuffle:

That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard :rofl:

cholla
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't mind if someone slid a few cases of beer out on the ice... :lol:

But you would if they threw them :lol:.

Then again, once your level of interest in a person gets above a certain threshold, your reality becomes distorted and you start imagining that you have a connection (however implicit) with said person. It builds over time, but there is usually a catalyst, a sort of "key" event that leads to it. Once you cross that line, there is no turning back. You have gone off the deep end...

In psychiatry this kind of belief is considered pathlogical and is called delusion. Some übers are truly on the verge of psychotic disorders and some of them seem to post only out of manic episodes.

I think I was banned at PITI. If I ever posted there it was only once or twice and I have a vague recollection of accusations of being a lurking spy. My memory could well be faulty, though.

LOL. I registered at PITI, read for 5 minutes, didn't like it and didn't come back. 1 or 2 years later, when I had totally forgotten about it, I got a mail telling me I was banned because lurkers ans spys from other boards weren't welcome :D. Talk about being paranoïd. I thought I was the only "spy" they had smoked out :saint:

zaphyre14
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
At the Adult Competitions in Europe, people throw chocolate to the skaters. :)

MikiAndoFan#1
09-09-2010, 12:50 PM
At the Adult Competitions in Europe, people throw chocolate to the skaters. :)

I remember seeing someone throw Easter chocolate eggs to Miki at this year's Worlds.

:)