PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

ryanbfan
09-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I lurked at SashaFans a long time ago (I'm not sure why), but was banned my first or second time posting. There was a discussion going on about how Michelle Kwan was slutty because she always had midriff-baring costumes in Champions on Ice, and I tried to bring some sanity into the thread with a "WTF are you guys really serious." It didn't go over well, clearly. :P

I can see why you were banned, everyone that was on there was so damn conservative. They hated Sasha's black bra dress thing... that caused quite an uproar (OMG YOU CAN SEE HER BOOBIEZ).

Yeah, I never got the modest-ness either :confused:

nubka
09-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Well that certainly would have hit a bit of a sore spot for most hard-core MK fans. :shuffle: No surprise that whoever was doing the gushing didn't appreciate the cold splash of reality. No reason to insult you and your parents, though. I think that much of the over-the-top gushing is/was a form of over-compensation because of that missing OGM. Since Michelle has moved on with her life, I would hope that most of her fans have as well by now. But back 5 years ago or more, many were still clinging fast to that dream.

This was less than a year ago. :)

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 11:54 PM
This was less than a year ago. :)Oh my. It would seem that some have not moved on much after all, which is rather sad. :(

Allen
09-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Somebody was mega-gushing about how everything MK touches turns to gold. I replied with four simple words: "Except at the Olympics."

Boy, oh boy, I did I ever get it... :lol:

Oh my god :rofl: It's a wonder you didn't have MK ubers crouching in the bushes outside your house :lynch:

PDilemma
09-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh my. It would seem that some have not moved on much after all, which is rather sad. :(

Some of those people are never going to move on. I stopped even lurking at MKF because some of those people scare me. I would hope that Michelle herself has a healthy fear of some of them and is vigilant (without being paranoid) for stalkers in her day to day life. The woman could probably go out wearing a brown grocery bag and stab small children on a playground and a 500 post thread would show up there about how beautiful she is and what brilliant taste in grocery bags she has and how wise it is to stab children. It is all rather disturbing.

skatingfan5
09-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Some of those people are never going to move on. I stopped even lurking at MKF because some of those people scare me. I would hope that Michelle herself has a healthy fear of some of them and is vigilant (without being paranoid) for stalkers in her day to day life. The woman could probably go out wearing a brown grocery bag and stab small children on a playground and a 500 post thread would show up there about how beautiful she is and what brilliant taste in grocery bags she has and how wise it is to stab children. It is all rather disturbing.Like some of the Yuna worship posts here on FSU? I don't know, but I've met quite a few MKF members irl, and they didn't seem scary -- but then, since I'm one of them, perhaps I wouldn't recognize scary if I encountered it face-to-face. (Although there are one or two who, based on their posts, I really would not want to ever meet. I do realize that fan worship does sometimes cross over into truly irrational and delusional behavior.

numbers123
09-03-2010, 02:19 AM
:confused: Inflammatory shirts, buttons, and banners? What would they have said -- "Michelle rulz, Sasha drools"? Seriously, though, would "inflammatory banners" even have been allowed? I thought most of these items were showing support for a skater, not dissing others. Again, I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know -- I certainly didn't see anything like that at Worlds the previous year.

I didn't see anything like that at 2003 worlds either. And I don't know that *I* would have said they were inflammatory, I am saying that some thought that. But that is only IIRC. :watch:

ETA - but then to any fan group, their fav is always insulted by the other groups fav.

love skating
09-03-2010, 02:37 AM
I remember there being three avid Pasha fans who posted often. I think one was esta, another was Dancer if I remember correctly and I can't remember the name of the third one. I know I used to wonder if they were pseuds of the same person.

nubka
09-03-2010, 03:44 AM
I didn't see anything like that at 2003 worlds either. And I don't know that *I* would have said they were inflammatory, I am saying that some thought that. But that is only IIRC. :watch:

ETA - but then to any fan group, their fav is always insulted by the other groups fav.

What is "IIRC"...? :confused:

purple skates
09-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Whatever happened to Mrs. Redboots?

She's a Facebook friend of mine. I met her years ago at a US AN - she was in town on business. Anyway, I don't think she'd mind my sharing that she is a proud new grandma and she and her husband are still skating.

Nora_Charles
09-03-2010, 03:47 AM
What is "IIRC"...? :confused:

It stands for "If I Remember Correctly" :)

Simone411
09-03-2010, 04:06 AM
THEN I was banned at MKF in 2004 for being one of a group of fans who agreed with an MKF poster that the behavior of some MKFers at Nationals 2004 was little over the top.

I do remember that. I didn't get banned. I did get my hand spanked many times, though, because I also liked Sasha. :lol:

I still post in Skating Chat some but there is a 'thanks' button now. I click on that button quite often. :)

Badams
09-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Don't know how to answer that. It was the Uncensored Board (actually I think it was one board that morphed into another board) and sex and skaters and their goods were the main topics. It was pretty raw but eventually people got tired of it since it just sort of petered out. ;) I remember one poster was named "buttcheesesoup" if that tells you anything. Can't find any trace of it now by googling it.

Omg! Buttcheesesoup is awesome! She has roomed with my sister and me at skate America twice. We can't call. Her by her given name and only refer to her as buttcheesesoup :lol: I am easily amused.

Eta: she doesn't make us call her buttcheesesoup. We do it because we are immature and think it's funny.

Spinner
09-03-2010, 04:13 AM
She's a Facebook friend of mine. I met her years ago at a US AN - she was in town on business. Anyway, I don't think she'd mind my sharing that she is a proud new grandma and she and her husband are still skating.

Aww, tell her we all say hi! She's a sweetie. :)

VIETgrlTerifa
09-03-2010, 06:13 AM
What happened? :watch: I was at that nationals working in the media room. I didn't personally witness any over the top behavior, but the CNN Center is a big place.

Although I do agree that some of the MK ubers may have been over-the-top in their Kwan glee at those championships, keep in mind that one of the people who was making reports on the "horrific" behavior was from Twizz who had some sort of vendetta against MKF and did what she could to antagonize them.