PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Nomad
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
IMO esta seemed that she was/is much more anti-Usova than pro-Pasha. Patsy may be referring to the person who was Pasha's manager ... or something. Or maybe she is thinking of esta.

maybe esta is Pasha's manager.

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 08:15 PM
maybe esta is Pasha's manager.:lol: The "manager/publicist/agent/friend with PR benefits/whatever" (I can't remember which it supposedly was NOR the person's name) was a guy -- esta's definitely a gal.

Allen
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Whatever esta is, she's fabulous :)

Nora_Charles
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Do you mean esta?

EYS! (I couldn't resist ;) And it goes to show the last time I was around/posting on FSU)

nubka
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
While I have never been banned from a board, I was once thoroughly chewed out at MKF, and told that I was a mean, horrible person, whose parents had NOT raised me right... :D

Poor mom & dad.

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
EYS! (I couldn't resist ;) And it goes to show the last time I was around/posting on FSU)Well, if I have been thinking of the wrong person Patsy was remembering and it really is esta, then I'll give Patsy a link to esta's latest (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74823), because I doubt that she'd go rummaging around the Trash in search of odd tidbits. Not much about Pasha, but plenty about that ancient crone, Maya.

nubka: Oh dear, I certainly hope it wasn't one of the MKF admin's who chewed you out. Oh well. :slinkaway

Nora_Charles
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Well, if I have been thinking of the wrong person Patsy was remembering and it really is esta, then I'll give Patsy a link to esta's latest (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74823), because I doubt that she'd go rummaging around the Trash in search of odd tidbits. Not much about Pasha, but plenty about that ancient crone, Maya.

nubka: Oh dear, I certainly hope it wasn't one of the MKF admin's who chewed you out. Oh well. :slinkaway

Oh, I don't know if Patsy's referring to esta or not -- I just had to make reference to how long ago it had been since I'd heard anything about esta -- I can't believe s/he's still around! :)

Nomad
09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
While I have never been banned from a board, I was once thoroughly chewed out at MKF, and told that I was a mean, horrible person, whose parents had NOT raised me right... :D

Poor mom & dad.

What did you say about the Kween to deserve that?

numbers123
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
IIRC, 2004 was when Michelle's fans had some pretty inflammatory shirts, buttons and banners, but I am not sure. I sort of stayed away from the purple shirts. (I think that was the color they were wearing). Lest you think I am a disgruntedly other skater fan - not true.

Prancer
09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
EYS! (I couldn't resist ;) And it goes to show the last time I was around/posting on FSU)

LOL! I think "EYS!" was from Oleg Ovsiannakov, from emails or chats with SHARPIE.

Help me out here . . . . who was the "over the top" shall we say person who was always posting about Pasha? Everything eventually came around to Pasha, no matter the topic and she was beyond reproach, etc.

You mean, the "Pasha is an angel" thing? There were a whole crew of them, some more prolific than others, but they were all the same one or two people.

it was Mrs. RedBoots in England who I salvaged F$W threads for before the entire kit and caboodle went *poof*.

Whatever happened to Mrs. Redboots?

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 10:46 PM
IIRC, 2004 was when Michelle's fans had some pretty inflammatory shirts, buttons and banners, but I am not sure. I sort of stayed away from the purple shirts. (I think that was the color they were wearing). Lest you think I am a disgruntedly other skater fan - not true.:confused: Inflammatory shirts, buttons, and banners? What would they have said -- "Michelle rulz, Sasha drools"? Seriously, though, would "inflammatory banners" even have been allowed? I thought most of these items were showing support for a skater, not dissing others. Again, I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know -- I certainly didn't see anything like that at Worlds the previous year.

vesperholly
09-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Whatever happened to Mrs. Redboots?

She's still around and skating, and she was posting fairly recently on SF. Fair chance of her turning up either here or the new SF. :)

nubka
09-02-2010, 10:53 PM
What did you say about the Kween to deserve that?

Somebody was mega-gushing about how everything MK touches turns to gold. I replied with four simple words: "Except at the Olympics."

Boy, oh boy, I did I ever get it... :lol:

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Somebody was mega-gushing about how everything MK touches turns to gold. I replied with four simple words: "Except at the Olympics."

Boy, oh boy, I did I ever get it... :lol:Well that certainly would have hit a bit of a sore spot for most hard-core MK fans. :shuffle: No surprise that whoever was doing the gushing didn't appreciate the cold splash of reality. No reason to insult you and your parents, though. I think that much of the over-the-top gushing is/was a form of over-compensation because of that missing OGM. Since Michelle has moved on with her life, I would hope that most of her fans have as well by now. But back 5 years ago or more, many were still clinging fast to that dream.

Nomad
09-02-2010, 11:03 PM

Boy, oh boy, I did I ever get it... :lol:

:lol: