PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I think I was banned at PITI. If I ever posted there it was only once or twice and I have a vague recollection of accusations of being a lurking spy. My memory could well be faulty, though.You only posted once or twice? Definitely suspicious :sekret: spy behavior. ;)

Artemis@BC
09-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I've never been banned either. Must be the Canadian thing. Too polite, dontcha know. (Or should I say "too polite, eh"?)

chipso1
09-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I lurked at SashaFans a long time ago (I'm not sure why), but was banned my first or second time posting. There was a discussion going on about how Michelle Kwan was slutty because she always had midriff-baring costumes in Champions on Ice, and I tried to bring some sanity into the thread with a "WTF are you guys really serious." It didn't go over well, clearly. :P

gkelly
09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Hm, I was once banned from posting at Television Without Pity for showing too much pity. I just reregistered with a different name.

hirshey girl
09-02-2010, 05:23 PM
ITHEN I was banned at MKF in 2004 for being one of a group of fans who agreed with an MKF poster that the behavior of some MKFers at Nationals 2004 was little over the top.

Wow, I remember that one!:eek: I think that's when I stopped going over to MKF. I witnessed some of the behavior in Atlanta and thought some of them had completely gone around the bend . Don't think I got banned there, but since I didn't try to post afterwards, didn't test it. :saint: This has really been a stroll down memory lane (PITI, FSW, "Sergei Grinkov crazy fans). Just realized that I've been around the skating boards for a LONG time. :wideeyes:

milanessa
09-02-2010, 05:29 PM
You only posted once or twice? Definitely suspicious :sekret: spy behavior. ;)

:saint:

pat c
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I've never been banned either. Must be the Canadian thing. Too polite, dontcha know. (Or should I say "too polite, eh"?)

:slinkaway:

maybe not.

numbers123
09-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow, I remember that one!:eek: I think that's when I stopped going over to MKF. I witnessed some of the behavior in Atlanta and thought some of them had completely gone around the bend . Don't think I got banned there, but since I didn't try to post afterwards, didn't test it. :saint: This has really been a stroll down memory lane (PITI, FSW, "Sergei Grinkov crazy fans). Just realized that I've been around the skating boards for a LONG time. :wideeyes:

I *think* that is when I stopped reading MKF. I always lurked over there, but it was clearly OTT

Nomad
09-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I *think* that is when I stopped reading MKF. I always lurked over there, but it was clearly OTT

I swore off skater-specific boards for that very reason. Too much craziness. I also stopped lurking on IN when Johnny Weir failed to make the world team in 09 - the hysteria, the nastiness, the :drama: :argue: :soapbox: ...it was just too much.

Patsy
09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Help me out here . . . . who was the "over the top" shall we say person who was always posting about Pasha? Everything eventually came around to Pasha, no matter the topic and she was beyond reproach, etc.

*Waves hi to Yazmeen*--it's been a longggg time.

Strange things that come to you in the middle of the night . . . . it was Mrs. RedBoots in England who I salvaged F$W threads for before the entire kit and caboodle went *poof*.

Bev Johnston
09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Wow, I remember that one!:eek: I think that's when I stopped going over to MKF. I witnessed some of the behavior in Atlanta and thought some of them had completely gone around the bend .

What happened? :watch: I was at that nationals working in the media room. I didn't personally witness any over the top behavior, but the CNN Center is a big place.

Kruss
09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Help me out here . . . . who was the "over the top" shall we say person who was always posting about Pasha? Everything eventually came around to Pasha, no matter the topic and she was beyond reproach, etc.

Do you mean esta?

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
What happened? :watch: I was at that nationals working in the media room. I didn't personally witness any over the top behavior, but the CNN Center is a big place.I'd be interested in hearing that as well. IIRC some posters claimed that MK fans were tearing down banners of other skaters to replace with their own. I wasn't there, so I have no idea whether or not this actually happened. I do believe that Atlanta was the "purple pompon" event, though. :shuffle:

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Do you mean esta?IMO esta seemed that she was/is much more anti-Usova than pro-Pasha. Patsy may be referring to the person who was Pasha's manager ... or something. Or maybe she is thinking of esta.

Kruss
09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
IMO esta seemed that she was/is much more anti-Usova than pro-Pasha. Patsy may be referring to the person who was Pasha's manager ... or something. Or maybe she is thinking of esta.

Oh yes, I think you're right.