PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Artemis@BC
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
(just trying on the fanaticism to see if it fits. It doesn't. I'm too aware that all these skaters, magnificent though they may be, are just human and all must occasionally snort while laughing. )

Oh, is "snort while laughing" the symptom of human fallibility these days? I didn't get the memo. I though it was still "fart in their sleep."

allezfred
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I believe this made me fodder for discussion at PITI even. Not that anyone passed on information from the closed forum there to me or anything... :saint:

Not to me either... :saint:

skatingfan5
09-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh, is "snort while laughing" the symptom of human fallibility these days? I didn't get the memo. I though it was still "fart in their sleep."Well, appearing in public as much as skaters do, I think it much more likely that many of the hoi polloi might actually witness the former "failing"; evidence of the latter would be conjecture for most -- only a few would be "privileged" to know for sure. :slinkaway

Mozart
09-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I was one of the original Russian Sob Sisters on RSSIF lol

Simone411
09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
There was a lot of squabbling and infighting on all those boards that led to bannings and blockings and member restrictions, which basically killed them all off. Every board had at least one mole who would copy and paste and mail, so it didn't do a whole lot of good to try to limit access, and then the people who were let in would start fighting each other.

I think I got banned at PITI, mainly because I was never banned at FSW in spite of all but insisting that Adrian slap me with the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. :lol: This convinced TwizzlePeach that I was somehow involved in some sort of bizarre relationship with Adrian :lol: and we got into it, mostly on Free Skate World.

I finally asked someone why Adrian never banned me; turns out it was because I never joined MKF :lol:.

Ah, the good old days. What was that board for Pasha fans? Figure Skating Galaxy? Bwahahaha.

Pain in the Ice.

Yes, that was the first board I was ever banned from. I was banned from PITI, then unbanned and banned again. Miss TwizzlePeach as you called her gave me the third degree in her private message board. She and a couple of members seemed to think I was three different people living in three different states all at the same time. At least that's what she and those other two members kept asking me. I believe Ezboard eventually shut her board down for having a tracking software on it. At least that's what Ezboard told another member that was banned.

When I left there, she took it to FSW in what was called The Romper Room. That was the board I referred to as Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm not sure but I think she still believed I was three different people. Anyway, the board eventually closed. Maybe she thought I was one of three. Sort of like the Borg. :eek:

NancyNC
09-02-2010, 01:57 AM
I believe Ezboard eventually shut her board down for having a tracking software on it. At least that's what Ezboard told another member that was banned.

God help me will this urban legend never die? :rolleyes:

When I left there, she took it to FSW in what was called The Romper Room. That was the board I referred to as Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm not sure but I think she still believed I was three different people. Anyway, the board eventually closed. Maybe she thought I was one of three. Sort of like the Borj. :eek:

FSW wasn't her board, it was Allskates' I think? That may not be the right user name, but it was similar to that.

Simone411
09-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Hi, NancyNC. I hope all has been well with you. You may be right but I'm not sure. I think it could have been two FSWs. I believe the owner of the FSW I was referring to was called Bash or something like that.

Prancer
09-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Yes, that was the first board I was ever banned from. I was banned from PITI, then unbanned and banned again. Miss TwizzlePeach as you called her gave me the third degree in her private message board. She and a couple of members seemed to think I was three different people living in three different states all at the same time.

:lol::lol::lol:

A lot of the board wars were instigated by the stupidest fits of paranoia, mostly on the part of some of the PITI regulars who seemed obsessed with conspiracies.

FSW wasn't her board, it was Allskates' I think? That may not be the right user name, but it was similar to that.

I believe it was DeBASHmode, known as Bash? I remember All Skates, Everybody Skate, but I don't remember what that was attached to.

NancyNC
09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Yes - it was Bash. Not sure what connection I was making with Allskates. My apologies for the mistaken identity. :o

Simone411
09-02-2010, 02:07 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

A lot of the board wars were instigated by the stupidest fits of paranoia, mostly on the part of some of the PITI regulars who seemed obsessed with conspiracies.

I believe it was DeBASHmode, known as Bash? I remember All Skates, Everybody Skate, but I don't remember what that was attached to.

Alls Skates Everybody Skates was part of the link to PITI. I believe Bash's real username was Freeskateworld. Everyone just called the board FSW.

Prancer
09-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Alls Skates Everybody Skates was part of the link to PITI. I believe Bash's real username was Freeskateworld. Everyone just called the board FSW.

I'm pretty sure she was DeBASHmode or something very close to that here, which is where the Bash nick came from.

mkats
09-02-2010, 02:13 AM
I was banned at SashaFans once, and not even for being a troll. I rejoined though but now that it's gone, it doesn't matter anymore.

SashaFans had a couple of serious weirdos back in the day. Remember the crazy lady who kept posting page after page about how Michelle Kwan's coral/pink/orange Tosca dress was an inappropriate color for Tosca, and after being soundly beaten down by people who didn't even like Michelle, resorted to claiming that she (Kwan) had staged the 2004 Worlds streaker incident on purpose to get attention? :rofl:

Prancer
09-02-2010, 02:14 AM
SashaFans had a couple of serious weirdos back in the day. Remember the crazy lady who kept posting page after page about how Michelle Kwan's coral/pink/orange Tosca dress was an inappropriate color for Tosca, and after being soundly beaten down by people who didn't even like Michelle, resorted to claiming that she (Kwan) had staged the 2004 Worlds streaker incident on purpose to get attention? :rofl:

I remember that person posting here :shuffle:.

That person still posts here.

Simone411
09-02-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm pretty sure she was DeBASHmode or something very close to that here, which is where the Bash nick came from.

Thanks, Prancer. That name does seem to be very familiar. I believe you're right.

Yazmeen
09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
I guess I'm the ultimate "criminal" here. I got banned by at FSW by Adrian after he switched from uber-Kwan fandom to uber-Sasha fandom for making a remark about Sasha ubers, never naming either him or his board. (Note, not for something I said on FSW, but something on MKF). THEN I was banned at MKF in 2004 for being one of a group of fans who agreed with an MKF poster that the behavior of some MKFers at Nationals 2004 was little over the top.

Then I found FSU and PITI, where difference of opinion appear to be accepted, not reasons to be sent to Siberia, and I've been a happy camper ever since. :cool: