PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

BlueRidge
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
:EVILLE:

Ain't skared of you. :P

VIETgrlTerifa
09-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, yeah, PITI. :lol: I never was banned there, but at one point the board went hidden (or moved or something) and I wasn't invited along. So that was kind of like being banned. I wasn't quite rowdy enough for them. :wuzrobbed

No, you just weren't unhinged. I say that as a former member of PITI. That was my first experience with a certain poster who became notorious on this forum.

jeffisjeff
09-01-2010, 06:53 PM
should we fear for when you get your strength back?

No, by then I'll be too old to be rowdy. :wuzrobbed

No, you just weren't unhinged. I say that as a former member of PITI.

Yeah, PITI had gotten to be too much even before it disappeared on me.

Rob
09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah I had totally forgotten about PITI. What did that stand for again?

Prancer
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I remember boards like PITI, FSW (Free Skate World, not the more popular one), The Bored, and a few others I've forgotten about.

There was a lot of squabbling and infighting on all those boards that led to bannings and blockings and member restrictions, which basically killed them all off. Every board had at least one mole who would copy and paste and mail, so it didn't do a whole lot of good to try to limit access, and then the people who were let in would start fighting each other.

I think I got banned at PITI, mainly because I was never banned at FSW in spite of all but insisting that Adrian slap me with the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. :lol: This convinced TwizzlePeach that I was somehow involved in some sort of bizarre relationship with Adrian :lol: and we got into it, mostly on Free Skate World.

I finally asked someone why Adrian never banned me; turns out it was because I never joined MKF :lol:.

Ah, the good old days. What was that board for Pasha fans? Figure Skating Galaxy? Bwahahaha.

Oh yeah I had totally forgotten about PITI. What did that stand for again?

Pain in the Ice.

BlueRidge
09-01-2010, 07:10 PM
This convinced TwizzlePeach that I was somehow involved in some sort of bizarre relationship with Adrian :lol:...

:eek: :lol:

skatingfan5
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
There was a lot of squabbling and infighting on all those boards that led to bannings and blockings and member restrictions, which basically killed them all off. Every board had at least one mole who would copy and paste and mail, so it didn't do a whole lot of good to try to limit access, and then the people who were let in would start fighting each other.

I think I got banned at PITI, mainly because I was never banned at FSW in spite of all but insisting that Adrian slap me with the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. :lol: This convinced TwizzlePeach that I was somehow involved in some sort of bizarre relationship with Adrian :lol: and we got into it, mostly on Free Skate World.

I finally asked someone why Adrian never banned me; turns out it was because I never joined MKF :lol:.

Ah, the good old days. What was that board for Pasha fans? Figure Skating Galaxy? Bwahahaha.

Pain in the Ice.Ah, yes, the "good old days" of board wars. :scream: Although the idea that membership on a particular skating board would lead to banning on another I found rather :lol:. At least now I have a better clue about why I got the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. ;)

BlueRidge
09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I think I came in at the tail end of the board wars thing and I just did not get it. :confused:

Nomad
09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I got the RED SCREEN OF DEATH very soon after joining. I wish I could remember why. It might have been a comment that was interpreted as being anti-Sasha.

Prancer
09-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Ah, yes, the "good old days" of board wars. :scream: Although the idea that membership on a particular skating board would lead to banning on another I found rather :lol:. At least now I have a better clue about why I got the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. ;)

If you were a regular member of MKF, you were clearly a Kwanatic.

skatingfan5
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I think I came in at the tail end of the board wars thing and I just did not get it. :confused:As someone mentioned up thread, there were a lot of specific skater-centric boards back then (offshoots of skater-centric fan sites), which necessarily attracted a much greater % of ubers (and haterz) than more general skating sites would. If you ventured into the Orser/Yuna split thread, that would give you a taste of how entire boards often were. Not a pretty picture, although looking back, it all seems rather :drama: and :rofl: now.

BlueRidge
09-01-2010, 07:39 PM
As someone mentioned up thread, there were a lot of specific skater-centric boards back then (offshoots of skater-centric fan sites), which necessarily attracted a much greater % of ubers (and haterz) than more general skating sites would. If you ventured into the Orser/Yuna split thread, that would give you a taste of how entire boards often were. Not a pretty picture, although looking back, it all seems rather :drama: and :rofl: now.

Well, as I said, I came in at the tail end of it and experienced some of the board attacks. From the perspective of someone who was just excited about the skating, it was like what on earth are these people doing? It was really odd to observe these people many of them adults without having a clue as to the history of skater boards.

I believe this made me fodder for discussion at PITI even. Not that anyone passed on information from the closed forum there to me or anything... :saint:

skatingfan5
09-01-2010, 07:39 PM
If you were a regular member of MKF, you were clearly a Kwanatic.And thus, THE ENEMY! :rolleyes: Actually, I was an admitted Kwanite (holdover terminology from the old CBS Sportsline skating forum).

Nomad
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
All this nostalgia prompted me to pay a visit to GS. It looks like Joesitz is gone. No more malapropisms and deliriously pompous declarations like "Nothing can tarnish the grandeur of her persona." :wuzrobbed

Rob
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I was a Kwanfan too, but I never joined MFK or Tara Michelle Fight Board or anything else skater-specific. I did check out some others like PITI, but I am not a multi-boarder.

On FSW, I got the Red Screen once, but then it turned out it was a board glitch so when I tried it again, I got on without incident. Adrian confirmed I had not been banned.

And none of these were every as crazy as that racy gymnastics one (forget the name). I remembered - it was GGMB.