PDA

View Full Version : SkatingForums refugees

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Norlite
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Ah, RSSIF. The trolls and spam did them in, but there were some notable and slightly entertaining trolls:

-Ron Ng Knows!
-Mah Jong Lady
-Barb (some people thought she was another incarnation of the Mah Jong lady)
-Johns
-And then that strange Australian fellow (can't remember his name) who loved Tonya Harding and advocated spanking for unruly female skaters, such as Nicole and Tonya. He was also the one whose skating broadcasts of "Worlds in Cuba" were always mysteriously cancelled. He riled up a lot of folks, but was kind of funny on some days.

Good times....

Would that Barb be the same crazy barb from MKF?

Spinner
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Hmm, was it Anjule? Was she rssif or SkateFans? Uber-troll!

RD
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Until she announces an official retirement, it will probably go for a while. They are very dedicated, and I mean that in the best sense. I imagine the site will probably stay on in some form as an archive, even if the forum shuts down.

I get the same impression as well. Then again, you never know. Since they moved to a new board entirely, the size of the forum shrank by more than 1/2. MK has moved on and I think eventually MKF will as well...

Simone411
09-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't look for MKF to shut down anytime soon or in the future. I've been a member since 2003, and as long as there's news about MK, I think it will exist. :)

Allen
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't look for MKF to shut down anytime soon or in the future. I've been a member since 2003, and as long as there's news about MK, I think it will exist. :)

I had totally forgotten about the MKF forum. I think it might be a nice afternoon read to skim their archives. I remember some crazy super :drama: over there when someone suggested she flutzed in the long program at the 2004 Worlds.

jeffisjeff
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Ah, the MKF! Yet another place where I've been banned, despite my MK uberdom. :drama:

Simone411
09-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I had totally forgotten about the MKF forum. I think it might be a nice afternoon read to skim their archives. I remember some crazy super :drama: over there when someone suggested she flutzed in the long program at the 2004 Worlds.

Oh my gosh! :lol: Good luck with those archives. Some of the threads still exist but I think some were lost with the move in 2005.

rfisher
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Ah, the MKF! Yet another place where I've been banned, despite my MK uberdom. :drama:

I feel left out. I've never been banned. NOT that I want to whichever Admin sees this and is feeling frisky. :slinkaway:

Allen
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes Chuckie......and there are a few others we're probably forgetting.

Even on it's worst days, fsu hasn't come near the vitriole of the MK/TL war of 98. That was pretty wild.

Yikes! Oh, how I remember those times as an 18 year old. I'm glad I've grown up a lot since then. I have to admit to starting a thread entitled "What's So Great About Tara Lipinski?" Which caused a humongous amount of drama. I remember a lot of older board members trying to "encourage" to act differently. I got banned shortly after that. Thankfully, I'm mellowed substantially :) Those days were kind of fun though.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I remember being banned from Tara World after making a thread about liking to see Tara and Michelle compete again. I think it was like around 2001 when I posted that thread and I was accused of trolling after many of their posters were telling me how Tara would wipe the floor with Michelle.

Maybe I was stirring the pot a bit when I suggested that Kwan might win in a match-up since she just won Worlds, but I thought it was pretty benign.

Prancer
09-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I feel left out. I've never been banned. NOT that I want to whichever Admin sees this and is feeling frisky. :slinkaway:

:EVILLE:

skatingfan5
09-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Ah, the MKF! Yet another place where I've been banned, despite my MK uberdom. :drama:I'm very surprised to hear this. I've been a member there for ages and my experience has been that very few posters have been banned unless they are obvious trolls -- but then, I don't check it every day (and sometimes not for weeks) so there may have been some sort of forum "brush fire" that caused the admins to go on a banning rampage. :lol: Again, I'm really surprised -- shocked actually.

Nomad
09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I occasionally lurk on GS but won't join because I know I would get banned, probably for repeatedly mocking Joesitz, the self-appointed Dick Button of that board.

BreakfastClub
09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes Chuckie......and there are a few others we're probably forgetting.

Even on it's worst days, fsu hasn't come near the vitriole of the MK/TL war of 98. That was pretty wild.

FSU is lame and tame compared to the old days of rssif and even the old FSW trolls. Ah... the online skating community hasn't been as intimate or as full of nasty, snarky fun since about 1999-2000ish. I guess that's why I loves me the Aunt Joyce blog.

ChuckieG, OMG!!! And someone mentioned Anjule... yes, Anjule/Ann Lewis may have been the best and most notorious troll ever. I will forever and ever associate Katia Gordeeva with the acronym "BYW" and the phrase "extramarital affair with Kurt Browning." :saint: :inavoid:

jeffisjeff
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm very surprised to hear this. I've been a member there for ages and my experience has been that very few posters have been banned unless they are obvious trolls -- but then, I don't check it every day (and sometimes not for weeks) so there may have been some sort of forum "brush fire" that caused the admins to go on a banning rampage. :lol: Again, I'm really surprised -- shocked actually.

They thought I was a troll. :lol: Now, I will admit that I was kind of difficult. I just couldn't stop myself from pointing out that some of the mods and long time posters were a bit loony (and that some of their rules were verrry loony). ;)