PDA

View Full Version : "Virgin" Bikini Waxing Now Popular for Pre-Teen Girls

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Smiley0884
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
http://gothamist.com/2008/08/15/virgin_bikini_waxing_now_popular_fo.php#comments

This is absolutely horrifying.....:scream:

I don't understand why ANY parent in their right mind would allow their child to do this. If they are 16/17 maybe, but any younger is just :eek:

There are so many things wrong with this....

JerseySlore
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Are they talking about Bikini or full Brazilian bikini? Either way, it's creepy to think that 8yr old is getting her crotch taken care of.:eek:

Nan
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Blame it on Barbie.

JerseySlore
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Blame it on Barbie.

:lol: So glad I didn't have a ken doll.

oleada
08-27-2010, 09:26 PM
I would be okay with this if it were a young teen (around 13) who is hairy or has dark hair, and is embarrassed about it when wearing bathing suits. A bikini wax, not a full out brazilian.

But an 8 or 10 year old?! :scream:

IceAlisa
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
The article said that it's done as a means of saving on future waxing as it claims that waxing pre-puberty pubes prevents them from growing permanently. I do wonder if this is true though.

But an 8 or 10 year old?! :scream: You should know that some girls (an increasing number of them) hits puberty at 9.

oleada
08-27-2010, 09:35 PM
You should know that some girls (an increasing number of them) hits puberty at 9.

Yeah, if it's something that is needed or causing embarrassment, that's fine. But that doesn't seem like it's the case for the girls mentioned in the article.

numbers123
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I *can* sort of see the waxing is someone wants to wear a kleenex size bikini, but I do think that pre-teen is a bit over the top.

Anita18
08-27-2010, 09:50 PM
The article said that it's done as a means of saving on future waxing as it claims that waxing pre-puberty pubes prevents them from growing permanently. I do wonder if this is true though.

You should know that some girls (an increasing number of them) hits puberty at 9.
Girls have pubes pre-puberty? :o

JerseySlore
08-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Yeah I wonder if there's any truth to that claim. That kind of logic is used as a marketing tool to attract adults as well, but it's completely hoax.

Smiley0884
08-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I do get brazilian waxes, and the more I get it done the finer the hair grows back, but I'm not sure that it would ever completely stop growing if I started waxing when it first started growing. That does seem like something they are advertising just to get more customers in the door.

IceAlisa
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Well, there is some hair that is fine and light. The article claims that if you wax these, the real pubic hair that is darker and coarser will not grow. I don't know if I believe that.

lash
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM

I had hair down there at 10, not fine and light either. But it still was not enough to wax!! And nothing that would peek out of a bathing suit, at least not one appropriate for a ten year old! :eek: Got my period at 12. My mom (who is almost 70) got her period at 10. So early puberty is genetic (in my case) nd not entirely a new thing.

Smiley0884
08-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, there is some hair that is fine and light. The article claims that if you wax these, the real pubic hair that is darker and coarser will not grow. I don't know if I believe that.

Me too. I think the hair would grow in finer and not as coarse, but there would still be hair.

Karina1974
08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
I was :rofl: at the one person they interviewed for the article saying that “girls are learning the worst possible lessons about body image and body hair. Keep your bodies like little girls’ because that’s what men like.”

Ah... no... that's not why everybody does that. Where does she think that "fish smell" that gets joked about comes from - it's from a combo of sweat, discharge and body hair. I work out outside in the summer (cycling), plus I contra dance 3 weekends out of the month, so that's why I get rid of mine; it's got nothing to do with "what men like" because I get rid of it whether or not I'm involved with anyone like that.