PDA

View Full Version : "Virgin" Bikini Waxing Now Popular for Pre-Teen Girls

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Cupid
09-01-2010, 02:25 AM
I read somewhere once that doctors say you need that hair to catch bacteria.

Really? I heard you need it for friction control (or something along those lines).

Anita18
09-01-2010, 02:57 AM
So is there a study that shows that people with less pubic hair than natural have more infections?
Yeah, I wouldn't trust ehow with scientific explanations. :lol: Wikipedia is actually pretty good, though.

The pheromone explanation sounds legit, out of the ones they suggest. :P

kimkom
09-01-2010, 02:59 AM
I've heard the bacteria thing many times through the years, and it makes sense, but I would love to know if the recent "going bare" fad has made any difference.

screech
09-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I had thought that humans had pubic hair from centuries ago before undies were worn and people (male and female) wore dress-ish clothes. That it was to protect our genitals. And that the reason we removing it these days is because we don't need it. One theory I've heard is that through evolution humans (if we survive) will eventually be without pubic hair because we don't need it. Oh, and it supposedly hides camel toes.

As for me (despite my name, I am female), I always change it up. I haven't lasered the area, but if I did, I'd probably clear everything except for a triangle above. That way I could do what I please - triangle, strip, bare... I don't mind having a triangle - it's easy to maintain by shaving, but sometimes I just want to be bare, though I hate the itch of it growing back. I do what feels good for me at the time. I'm not a fan of rocking a huge bush that grows everywhere like crazy, but to each her own. And if I'm having sex with a man, he should be damn happy he gets to see me naked - his opinion on how my genitals look is neither required nor desired. If he can't handle it, he doesn't have to be with me. His loss.

Gil-Galad
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I had thought that humans had pubic hair from centuries ago before undies were worn and people (male and female) wore dress-ish clothes. That it was to protect our genitals. And that the reason we removing it these days is because we don't need it. One theory I've heard is that through evolution humans (if we survive) will eventually be without pubic hair because we don't need it.
I am quite sure the first part is true, it was more important once upon a time.

But I am not sure that the second part is true. That's not how evolution works. Things that we don't need don't just "go away" over some time! It would only work that way if people would actually have mutations that prevent hair growth - and those mutations would have to prove to be superior to the "normal" variant. That means people with those mutations would have to reproduce significantly more than people without those mutations. Shaving / waxing / lasering it away will not change the genome.

My opinion on the whole shaving thing? Uhmmm - I am kind of European? Meaning I only do what's absolutely necessary. And I hate it that little girls are told how they are supposed to look, how they are supposed to be groomed.

Women should start a project - all women don't spend anything on shaving stuff for 6 months, no shaving, no waxing, no creams - nada. We then donate the money saved for a good cause and use the time saved for amazing things, like listening to music, eating a delicious meal, having mind-blowing sex, reading an amazing book, enjoying a glass of wine and having inspiring conversations...

deltask8er
09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by deltask8er

I have my annual pap smear next week. I'll ask my doctor what she thinks and has noticed regarding supergroomed genitals.

Let us know what she says.

She hasn't noticed much of a difference either way in terms of infections or other problems. The ones who got the laser treatment seem to be the most satisfied with the results. Things to watch out for are when the hair removal product gets into the vagina, and if you get a wax job at a salon make sure they aren't reusing anything ( :eek: :scream: ). Ingrown hairs can be a real problem for some women, but that is more of a dermatology situation. Side effects are more likely to come from the overuse of soaps with fragrance, causing skin irritation or vaginitis.

She's also noticed that women from Middle Eastern cultures get it all removed, early. So the person who thought this is a recent phenomenon, it depends on the culture.

She seems more concerned about why a young woman does it: her choice, or someone else's encouragement? I told her I'm thinking of getting it done for myself, but my boyfriend prefers some hair to be there. She said "Good! That means he's a real man! :psoty: "

kimkom
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks deltask8er, that's really interesting! :)

deltask8er
12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Revisiting the thread because I recently learned there is a laser hair removal product for home use :wideeyes: .

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A97878.desc.Tria-Beauty-At-Home-Laser-Hair-Removal-System-with-Body-Wash

But now the FDA has approved at-home, do-it-yourself laser treatments for almost permanent hair removal. "GMA" technology correspondent Becky Worley put her own leg hair at hazard and tried out two of the products: the Silk'n and the Tria.

According to her experience, the Silk'n system, which uses a band of light to targets the hair, worked very well and the Tria, which utilizes a true laser, also showed some success.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/SmartHome/story?id=6192788&page=1

----------------

I've been getting the laser hair removal at a doctor's office every couple of weeks since September. It's working pretty well. The nurse told me I'm the ideal candidate because of my pale skin yet dark hair under there, and there :lol: . It's a little more uncomfortable than I expected it to be. When the setting is a little too hot, it feels beyond the flick of a finger hitting your skin. More like when you accidentally touch the rim of a hot pan on the stove :yikes: . But whatever redness I experience fades away within 30 minutes. And it's not quite "permanent" hair loss, more long-term hair loss. I'll probably feel the need for a touch up sometime next year.

There's a demonstration on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeJgeRZ9ibA

But doing laser hair removal at home? Not for me. What's next, dental x-rays at home? :lol: :scream:

kimkom
12-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I would totally try this!

joeperryfan
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Revisiting the thread because I recently learned there is a laser hair removal product for home use :wideeyes: .

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A97878.desc.Tria-Beauty-At-Home-Laser-Hair-Removal-System-with-Body-Wash

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/SmartHome/story?id=6192788&page=1

----------------

I've been getting the laser hair removal at a doctor's office every couple of weeks since September. It's working pretty well. The nurse told me I'm the ideal candidate because of my pale skin yet dark hair under there, and there :lol: .
But doing laser hair removal at home? Not for me. What's next, dental x-rays at home? :lol: :scream:

Every couple of weeks? Where I go they recommend waiting a month for fast growing spots and two for others... Maybe they have a different approach, I guess their point is to have as much regrowth as possible to hit more hairs...
I'm like you, light skin dark hair, a great candidate for laser, at least that...
Pardon the question, but do you remove everything like in a brazilian wax or just erm, let's say the front? I'm curious if the laser can be used to remove positively everything. It should be painful :scream:

This is definitely something I would never do at home. First true laser machines are very expensive, these home machines are most likely pulsated light instead of laser, which is less effective and if not used properly could cause more hair growth.

WindSpirit
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
And if I'm having sex with a man, he should be damn happy he gets to see me naked I like your attitude. :lol:

deltask8er
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Every couple of weeks? Where I go they recommend waiting a month for fast growing spots and two for others... Maybe they have a different approach, I guess their point is to have as much regrowth as possible to hit more hairs...

They recommend 2-4 weeks at this general practioner's "medspa". My hairs aren't that fast-growing or thick. Just...stubborn.

Pardon the question, but do you remove everything like in a brazilian wax or just erm, let's say the front? I'm curious if the laser can be used to remove positively everything. It should be painful :scream:

The nurse lowers the setting a little for the bikini area. But if the setting is lowered too much it will be ineffective. My goal is to get rid of the dark hairs I can see when I'm wearing any kind of underwear. She asked if I want to go further, get rid of all hairs between my legs. Not quite ready for that.

This is definitely something I would never do at home. First true laser machines are very expensive, these home machines are most likely pulsated light instead of laser, which is less effective and if not used properly could cause more hair growth.

The Tria one is laser, the first FDA-approved one. But you can't just turn it on and start using it.

After charging the system, you have to activate it. Either by calling 1-877-321-TRIA or by doing so on-line (only once) to ensure you can safely use it. Otherwise Tria will not turn on.

http://hairremoval.about.com/od/laser/a/tria-laserhair.htm

Maybe if there are a couple of women who want to share it (keeping proper hygiene in mind), and there are no young children living there it MIGHT be worth the investment.

Stormy
12-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I bought the Silk'n for a friend who lives in Denmark and she likes it so far. I was thinking if she had good results to try it. She did her legs and said the pain was minimal.