PDA

View Full Version : which blackberry is best for me?

judiz
08-25-2010, 04:48 AM
I want to upgrade to a blackberry but I don't know which one is best for me. I want to be able to check my email and answer it, check all areas of the web and post to message boards. Of course I will also need to use it as a phone and for texting and voice mail. I don't foresee watching videos though. I am a verizon wireless subscriber and don't plan on changing that.

Debbie S
08-25-2010, 06:54 PM
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend. I just bought a Storm 2 and I like it, although the touchscreen key pad is taking some getting used to. But the Droids are all touchscreen, too. I'm liking what I read about the Torch, but I also have Verizon and don't want to switch to AT&T - in my area anyway, their service is crap.

My Storm was $150 with the 2-year contract, but there are cheaper BB's out there that will do what you want, and many of them have a regular keyboard. The Storm has more features - you may not want/need all of them. I'm not really into downloading apps and music and such, but I bought the Storm b/c it's newer and offers more than the others.

numbers123
08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
the droid's touchscreens are much easier to use than Storm 1, don't know about Storm 2's.

I love my Droid, but the storm was good too.

Really
08-26-2010, 01:56 AM
I have a Storm 1 and like it, and I've read decent reviews on the touchscreen on the new Torch. They've dropped the SureType or Press or whatever it was they called it -- it doesn't 'click' anymore. I'd like to try one out but they're not being released in Canada for another month, and I still have almost 2 years on my current contract. If you think you'd like a touch screen but are also interested in a physical keyboard, I'd go for the Torch.

Lanie
08-26-2010, 02:03 AM
My dad has a Storm. He hates it because, as he says, typing things out, his emails are all "efiuhsfjgsfgasekfjhsjgerufgwejfgerku". :rofl: I tried to use it and screwed up texting people (and I have tiny hands), so I wouldn't get one of those. They are pretty spiffy though!

Lara
08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Unless you're set on the larger screen of the Storm, I'd go with the BB 9650 which will supposedly be upgradeable to OS 6.0 (very important, you'll kick yourself later if it's not!)

Have you ruled out Android btw?

judiz
08-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Actually now I'm thinking of an Ally (is that the right name?) by LG.