PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

PeterG
09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I generally avoid procedurals and anything on CBS...

But The Good Wife is on CBS!!! (As is the Amazing Race...and Survivor...) And...well, that's all CBS is good for... ;)

Can you watch hulu in Canada?

No. The poor cousins do not. :wuzrobbed:

Lara
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Canada truly sucks at getting good streaming services. No Hulu, no Pandora, no Zune Pass, the list goes on. At least I think Netflix was finally allowed.

Looking forward to checking out some of the new shows, though I'm hesitant to get into some like say The Event after Flash Forward.

PeterG
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
No Hulu, no Pandora, no Zune Pass, the list goes on.

I got Pandora for a while. LOVED it!!! :cheer2: And then one day I got a message along the lines of, "...it has come to our understanding that you live in CANADA..." And that was the end of Pandora pour moi. :wuzrobbed:

Orable
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I agree with Genevieve and Manhn re: The Event. I want to like it so much, but the main characters are all way less intriguing than those of FlashForward and Lost - regardless of how beautiful Blair Underwood and adorable Jason Ritter are :( The last 10 m did grab my attention, so I'll give it another go next week, but after that, if it's still as disjointed and male-dominated as it was yesterday, I'm gone :watch:

rfisher
09-22-2010, 03:02 AM
I love Michael Imperioli so I'll watch Detroit, except I have problems with him being a cop. I keep expecting Tony Soprano to pop up.

manhn
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
I watched ten minutes of Lone Star and I deleted it. I cannot get into those "bad boys who aren't bad even if they do bad things because bad things happened to them" characters.

I continue to enjoy Glee and Parenthood. I checked out Running Wilde (because I loved Felicity) and Raising Hope. I'm not much for absurdist comedy, but both were okay.

The new shows don't seem as strong as last season. It's pretty sad if my fave new show, thus far, is friggin' Hellcats.

But The Good Wife is on CBS!!! (As is the Amazing Race...and Survivor...) And...well, that's all CBS is good for...

I also avoid lawyer shows (and I never liked Mr. Big) and reality TV. :)

genevieve
09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I watched Parenthood for the first time tonight. OMG all 4 of those siblings are idiots who need to be smacked upside the head :scream: Especially Lauren Graham's character. I had thought this would be a fun show - never again :scream:

emason
09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
I watched ten minutes of Lone Star and I deleted it. I cannot get into those "bad boys who aren't bad even if they do bad things because bad things happened to them" characters.
:)

I watched the whole thing, but I doubt I will be watching again - so boring, so unbelievable, such an awful obtrusive score. I'm not interested in a show that needs a song for character development every 5 minutes; can the soundtrack, guys, and hire better writers.

Buzz
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I have loved so many of these sci-fi serials and none seem to last beyong the 2nd season. (Except Lost but I have never gotten into that one) Many are cancelled in the first season. So I am wry of The Event but I will watch it again.

museksk8r
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Jason Ritter was great in Joan of Arcadia, and The Class (I might be the only person who watched that show but it started dumb and got really smart). . . .

I freakin' LOVED The Class and Joan of Arcadia - two shows that didn't deserve to get canned, but neither did Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, and Dollhouse, among others. I'm consistently baffled by the great, creative, interesting shows that get canned compared to the nauseating sh!t that gets to stay on the air. :huh: It almost makes me not want to watch tv ever again in fear of falling in love with a show only to see it die a hasty death. Life is seriously not fair! :(

I wish primetime tv schedules could start an hour earlier. I always seem to manage to fall asleep on the couch before 10pm, just as I did with the new Hawaii 5-0 (I missed my Alex fix! :( ). My days start far too early for me to last to watch a 10:00 hour-long show. :wuzrobbed

gkelly
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I watched Parenthood for the first time tonight. OMG all 4 of those siblings are idiots who need to be smacked upside the head :scream: Especially Lauren Graham's character. I had thought this would be a fun show - never again :scream:

I watched it last year and last week, but I turned it off after five minutes last night and decided I was done with the show. I can't stand that character, or Craig T. Nelson's. Not enough that I do like to compensate.

DarrellH
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I watched Raising Hope last night, after Glee. It was a really good show. Normally, I think Cloris Leachman is way over the top, but taht attribute worked perfectly in this show!

Orable
09-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I freakin' LOVED The Class and Joan of Arcadia - two shows that didn't deserve to get canned, but neither did Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, and Dollhouse, among others.
Word. I flurved Joan of Arcadia - where I was first introduced to Jason Ritter & Michael Welch (Twilight's Mike, lol) and fell further in luv with Amber Tamblyn. Beautiful storytelling and believable characters. A pox on the cancellers :mitchell:

I wish primetime tv schedules could start an hour earlier. I always seem to manage to fall asleep on the couch before 10pm

This was something I could never get used to when I went to college in the East Coast - EST is way too late for tv shows if you have to wake up early! Here in the Midwest, primetime starts at 7 and ends at 10 which is A-ok by me :encore:

Artemis@BC
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I watched (Parenthood) last year and last week, but I turned it off after five minutes last night and decided I was done with the show. I can't stand that character, or Craig T. Nelson's. Not enough that I do like to compensate.

Oh dear, sad to hear that. I was out last night so haven't had a chance to watch yet. This was one of my favourite shows from last season, I'll be very sad if it doesn't hold up this year.

danceronice
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I admit I was skeptical as I have limited interest in network TV (I do NOT hang around after NCIS for NCIS: LA, for example.) But based on setting I gave Detroit 1-8-7 a shot and darned if I didn't enjoy it! (Once I got past making cracks about the demographics depicted which, as someone who grew up in the metro area and whose dad is from the east side, I can say were a teeny bit dubious.) I liked or at least wasn't put off by most of the characters.

Though given some of the beeping, were the writers operating under the expectation this would run on pay cable? Sure, it's realistic, but it's still network.