PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

cygnus
09-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Saw "Sherlock" last might- loved it. Benedict Cumberbatch (love the name!) is my new crush.

Sorry David Tennant. :shuffle:

But seriously- I was dubious when I first heard the concept, but it really works. I've been a Holmes fan since I devoured the books the summer I was 9 years old, and revisit the stories periodically.This version is really in the spirit of the stories, I think.

And the chemistry between the 2 leads is great- and I like the Watson character too.

Artemis@BC
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Loved, loved, loved Sherlock! For me, Sherlock Holmes has never been my favourite fictional detective, but the modern transplantation works. Really, really well! The acting was terrific, the characters' chemistry excellent and believable, and of course Steven Moffat's tight and witty writing. Cudos to all.

Artemis@BC
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM
... I really enjoyed the first season of Being Human and now look forward to the Lost Girl premiere on Sunday.

What did you think of Lost Girl? It thought it was just ok. Some interesting ideas, but they seemed to be trying too hard: "we're trying to create a demon universe that no one else has done before." And they tried to cram way too much into the first episode -- a common mistake in North American TV series. I'll watch 1 more episode at least, but it up against Masterpiece and New Tricks, so I might give this one a miss.

Being Human, oth, I loved. Not sure when Showcase will pick up season 2, but I see that it's out on DVD later this month.

Buzz
09-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Hawaii 5-0 is opposite Castle tonight! Oh decisions...decisions! :lol: But I think I will go with Hawaii 5-0 and watch Castle later.

Orable
09-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Just here to add some love to the Benedict Cumberbatch train! He's a stellar actor :respec:

venja
09-21-2010, 03:31 AM
:wuzrobbed It's only Monday and there is O.H. S.O. M.U.C.H. to watch! My bandwidth is going to eaten up like crazy and I'm going to :coffee: trying to watch all the shows!

HeatherC
09-21-2010, 03:59 AM
I checked out The Event tonight and I thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch that show again and I hope they answer questions a little faster in upcoming episodes. I can't get hooked on another show that doesn't answer questions along the way (aka, FlashForward, Lost, etc). :P I've been watching Hawaii Five O tonight too and that one is all ready a ton of fun. I love the cast, the story keeps your attention with all the action, and I think it's going to be a keeper for me. They just used the "Book him Dano" line which made my night and I really need to remember that Daniel Dae Kim's character is not Jin from Lost, LOL :lol:

Norlite
09-21-2010, 04:12 AM
I checked out The Event tonight and I thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch that show again and I hope they answer questions a little faster in upcoming episodes. I can't get hooked on another show that doesn't answer questions along the way

No kidding.

I'm waiting up until 12 to watch The Event on the west coast feed, but I swear, as much as I love these types of shows, it's history (and fast) if it drags and drags and drags with no answers.

Grannyfan
09-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Just here to add some love to the Benedict Cumberbatch train! He's a stellar actor :respec:

I looked up "Sherlock" on the PBS web site and there was a small picture of him. He looks like a guy who had a very small part in one of the Hornblower episodes
that were on A & E (remember when they had good stuff?) several years ago.

genevieve
09-21-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm waiting up until 12 to watch The Event on the west coast feed, but I swear, as much as I love these types of shows, it's history (and fast) if it drags and drags and drags with no answers.
I just watched The Event and it was highly annoying until the last 10 minutes. Now I'm interested, but it's qualified interest. I'm less concerned about answers and more concerned about constant shifting back and forth in time. And making the characters a hell of a lot more memorable than they were tonight.

manhn
09-21-2010, 07:03 AM
The Event is kinda hokey, but I'll watch it. I will forever love 90210 and Gossip Girl seems not so annoying. Damn, I still need to watch Hawaii Five-O (because of Jin) and Lonestar (because EW seems to love--I kinda hope it sucks just because I have too much television on Mondays!), not to mention Pitchin' In, one of my fave shows on the Food Network.

Back to The Event. I'm less concerned about not getting answers, and more concerned that the characters are kinda lame and annoying. They need to add some humour. As well, besides Kerry Weaver, the show seems very male-dominated. The other women on the show are either dead or getting kidnapped.

But, uhm, Simon Lee? Why, hello!

oleada
09-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Gossip Girl seems not so annoying.

I've loved the first two episodes of this season. A vast improvement over the past two...almost season one worthy. Paris, the fashions, the mystery...I'm intrigued. The scene between Chuck and Blair at the train station was fantastic.

I don't miss little J one single bit. Now if they'd only get rid of Vanessa. :rolleyes:

manhn
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I am in the complete minority when it comes to Gossip Girl. Chuck Bass annoys and Serena can fall off a cliff (and WTH was she wearing tonight?). My favourite characters are Eric, Jenny *and* Vanessa. And my favourite couple is Lily and Rufus. So, with Jenny outta there (and where the hell is Eric?), I was pretty sure I could delete GG off my PVR list. Damn, it's been pretty darn good so far. Of course, eventually Chuck and Blair will get back together and I can go back to forgetting that Gossip Girl was on and not really caring.

oleada
09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Damn, you might possibly be the only person I've known who likes Vanessa :lol: As far as I'm concerned, Rufus, Vanessa and Jenny can all jump off a cliff. But I'd have Eric around every episode! I agree; we need more Eric.

It's hard to make Blake Lively look unattractive, but they managed today. Blair's outfits were gorgeous, on the other hand - especially the red dress.

I like it when they focus primarily on Serena, Blair, Chuck and Nate, with some Dan thrown in.

manhn
09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I generally avoid procedurals and anything on CBS (except The Ghost Whisperer, dammit), but I like Jin. So...Hawaii 5-0 was not bad. At least everyone looks hot. So, do they just only solve crimes and stuff? I need either a mythology (I thought they were gonna do the whole "Your father isn't really dead!" or "We can't find Spike in the water--he's still alive!" scene, but nope) or a love triangle or a snarky teenager. This is probably not my kind of show, but I really, really like Jin.