PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Bostonfan
08-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Maura Tierney is going to be on "The Whole Truth" on Wednesday nights on ABC. It's a legal drama that gives equal weight to showing a case from both the defense and prosecution point of view. Tierney and Morrow are playing friends that face off in the courtroom on cases (Tierney as prosecutor and Morrow as defense).

genevieve
08-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Maura Tierney's hair looks super cute short

PeterG
08-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Undercovers.

It's interesting that this is the new J. J. Abrams show. I've loved everything he's created except for Fringe (which I was excited about, but never really hook me). Undercovers is a big maybe for me. The previews don't look that great, so if the pilot doesn't grab me, I won't be sticking with it for very long.

Rock2
08-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok guys...I work in television and have seen many pilots, but mostly for the shows we produce (which is a lot). I can give you a run down on a bunch of shows if you like.

UNDERCOVERS
Yes this is the JJ Abrams one. Huge budget, shot all over the world. They're still playing with it because it's a little too hokey/sexy. It will be a feast for the eyes but they have to get the tone for it right. Give it time, it should do well.

SHIT MY DAD SAYS
Moderately funny. Not sure Shatner is that good in it. Should last a few seasons. They replaced the son since I saw the pilot so I haven't seen the reshot pilot

MIKE & MOLLY
Will do much better in Canada than the US because we're less sensitive about controversial issues. Two overweight people find love. Sidekicks are hilarious,but the fat jokes won't go over as well in the bible belt. From Chuck Lorre who brought us Two and a Half Men and Big Bang. This will be a hit.

NIKITA
Awesome awesome show but for a slightly younger audience. The non-CW crowd should still enjoy. Read up on it and if you have questions, ask. Would take me awhile to explain properly. Think Ninja chick working covertly for underground gov't agency as a trained killer becomes disenfranchised with her job, escapes and tries to bring down the division from the outside. So she's hiding in plain sight. There's a plot twist that's revealed in the pilot. She's badass.

HELLCATS
Trying to capture the glee crowd but it's VERY CW. It won't go mainstream but will do very well with younger people. I'd never watch it

MR. SUNSHINE
No idea what happened to this show. I saw an extended trailer for it and cracked right up. Airing in Canada. Matthew Perry helps manage an arena that has all kinds of wacky events. His boss, the head lady of the org, is batshit mental but hysterical.

CHASE
My other favorite pilot. I showed my team the pilot. They all said the same thing. Trailers don't do it justice. Make a point of seeing the pilot. My second fave of the ones I saw next to Nikita.

THE WHOLE TRUTH
It should be pretty good. The pilot I saw in May had Joely Richardson playing the female lead. I was in the studio lot bitching about her during lunch and our head of International TV overheard me and she said "hey dont' worry...she failed focus groups, she's being replaced!!". Awesome! In walks Maura Tierney. Haven't seen the recut pilot but I hear it's good. Wont' be anyone's favorite, but it will do fine.

BETTER TOGETHER
I think they are renaming it BETTER WITH YOU. Comedy with three couples (parents, older uptight daughter and common law hubby and young daughter and her free spirit bf) that's pretty well done. All agreed this will be an under-the-radar success. Only cast person I recognized was the mom from That 70s Show. Worth checking out.

Three other summer shows that are ours and have strong internal buzz (although I haven't watched them) are RUBICON (dense, complicated drama), MEMPHIS BLUES and CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. This one's an off beat hospital comedy that doesn't feel anything like Scrubs. Less intelligent but the trailers are a stitch.

Lastly there's SCHOOL PRIDE. It's exactly the Extreme Home Makeover model but for schools in underpriviledged areas. If you like EHM you'll love this.

The only two shows that I saw that reeeeeeally sucked and I'm not sure if they are airing are THE PAUL REISER SHOW. Sort of like a Curb your Enthusiasm with Reiser. Unwatchable. And the other was I think called Glory Daze or something...freshmen in college in the 80s trying to get into a frat. Bleh. Horrible. If you hear of them, stay away!

Ok I think that's it. If I forgot anything I'll update later...enjoy!

genevieve
08-30-2010, 02:47 AM
CHASE
My other favorite pilot. I showed my team the pilot. They all said the same thing. Trailers don't do it justice. Make a point of seeing the pilot. My second fave of the ones I saw next to Nikita.

:eek: Really?!?!

I'll take your word for it that the ads don't do it justice, because they make it look really awful. I'll try to remember to watch the pilot.

Buzz
08-30-2010, 04:39 AM
CHASE looks good to me too and so too does the show about the former spy.

AragornElessar
08-30-2010, 05:54 AM
I was feeling the same way. too many airings of the same short preview. But yesterday I watched a longer trailer at youtube and now my interest is higher than ever...

The Event - 4 Minute Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vumb8J-x8)

I'll have to check out that link sometime later today. I was in the same way feeling like I'd heard so much about The Event, I was sick of it after looking forward to it. Hoping watching that gets me excited about it again.

I think Laura Innes (ER) is an amazing actress and Jason Ritter has been doing some good work since Joan Of Arcadia. Blair Underwood seems too young to be president of the USA, but maybe I'm still thinking of him during his L.A. Law days.

Not only is she an amazing actress, but she's an excellent director too. She's recieved two Emmy Nominations (that I can remember) for Directing in the past. One very talented lady and one of my favourite actresses. :)

I'm really looking forward to UnderCovers, Outsourced and The Defenders.

Chase I'm reserving judgement on until I see it. OTOH, I'm not getting a good vibe from it thanks to the promos I've seen. Hope I'm wrong, as it sounds like a great premise.

VIETgrlTerifa
08-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Chase looks like an intense, more action-packed, takes itself too seriously version of The Closer.

Satellitegirl
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
NIKITA
Awesome awesome show but for a slightly younger audience. The non-CW crowd should still enjoy. Read up on it and if you have questions, ask. Would take me awhile to explain properly. Think Ninja chick working covertly for underground gov't agency as a trained killer becomes disenfranchised with her job, escapes and tries to bring down the division from the outside. So she's hiding in plain sight. There's a plot twist that's revealed in the pilot. She's badass.

So basically Burn Notice with a woman.

VIETgrlTerifa
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Isn't it just a remake of La Femme Nikita that used to be on the USA Network in the 90s which was a tv adaptation of the French movie?

Rock2
08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Isn't it just a remake of La Femme Nikita that used to be on the USA Network in the 90s which was a tv adaptation of the French movie?

Yeah that was our show, too. Didn't perform well.

Nikita is badass and well produced. It'll be a hit.

Evilynn
08-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah that was our show, too. Didn't perform well.

I loved the movie La Femme Nikita, but wasn't too hot on the TV series version. I've liked the look of the trailers for the new incarnation though. :)

PeterG
08-30-2010, 04:00 PM

I'm glad you brought up Nikita because the trailer on youtube is really good, but somehow I forgot to add it to my list of new shows to check out. That has been corrected. :D

Nikita (premieres September 9th) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTz17GWxjs)

Wyliefan
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
They're still playing with it because it's a little too hokey/sexy.

Both at once? That's an odd combination. :)

Satellitegirl
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Nikita looks pretty good....sort of Alias-esque, and I loved Alias.