PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

pat c
08-26-2010, 04:40 AM
I started watching Haven on Hulu. I like the spookyness, but the writing is pretty bad. I'm hoping it gets better (I think I just saw either episode 3 or 4). I hope the overarching "troubles" take over from the kooky-problem-of-the-day-in-which-no-one-meant-to-do-harm plots I've seen so far. I need some actual malice :lol: I mean, even Ghost Whisperer had that on occasion. :P

I forget which one it finally started to get better, but the first 3 were pretty so so. ;) I hope it gets better, but considering all the re-runs it was a change.

Bostonfan
08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
I plan to check out these shows for a few episodes and see what sticks:

Mondays - The Event, Hawaii Five-O

Tuesdays - No Ordinary Family

Weds - Undercovers, The Whole Truth

Thurs - My Generation, Nikita

Fri - Body of Proof, Blue Bloods

From last season, the only shows that I will repeat watching are:

Glee
The Good Wife
Parenthood

Hopefully I can find a few new shows that will "stick" for me out of the nine I plan to sample.

Flatfoote
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
The Event looks interesting but I am getting a huge FlashForward vibe and that show lost me after a few episodes despite seeming so promising.

ITA about the Flash Forward vibe. I think it's the way they're advertising it.

Susan1
08-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't get burned out more original shows (unless they suck, of course), but I watch plenty of typical, reliable CBS procedurals. I may be the only person who was bummed that Cold Case got canceled :(

Cold Case got canceled? Maybe it was because it got postponed to so late in the evening by football most of the season that no one ever got to watch it.

PeterG
08-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Just finished watching trailers for the rest of the new shows for this season. I wish to add two shows to my list:

Body Of Proof (ABC) - starring Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uam5imBLAOE)

Outsourced (NBC) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7DndFck-k)

I was not expecting to like either of these two. I've never been a big Dana Delaney fan, but I really liked her character in this preview (and she's not supposed to be likeable)! :lol: It looks to be an extremely well-written show.

And Outsourced made me happy because the other day I was thinking that it has been SO long since I have watched any comedy on a regular basis (I think the last one I watched every week was "Friends"). So maybe I'll have some laughter added to my week!!! :cheer2: :D

VIETgrlTerifa
08-27-2010, 07:09 AM
I just saw Laura Linney's new Showtime show, The Big C on their website (edited language on the site) and it seriously made me wish I paid for Showtime. Between that and Nurse Jackie, I think Showtime has surpassed HBO in regards to original series programming.

Everybody who wants to check out new shows coming should do themselves a favor and go to showtime.com to watch it. I think that pilot will ensure Linney an Emmy next year unless Edie Falco has an even better season.

Satellitegirl
08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
The Walking Dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE) looks great :D Can't wait...I love zombie stuff. Debuts on Halloween with a 90 minute pilot.

OlieRow
08-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Which one is the new JJ Abrams show?

pat c
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Just finished watching trailers for the rest of the new shows for this season. I wish to add two shows to my list:

Body Of Proof (ABC) - starring Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uam5imBLAOE)

I was not expecting to like either of these two. I've never been a big Dana Delaney fan, but I really liked her character in this preview (and she's not supposed to be likeable)! :lol: It looks to be an extremely well-written show.

Body of proof looks interesting. I'm always surprised by jeri Ryan, first 7 of 9, then the bitchy DA in shark and now this. ;)

I really liked Crossing Jordan until they screwed that one up.

Satellitegirl
08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I still miss China Beach with Dana Delaney

genevieve
08-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I am looking forward to Outsourced. Hadn't heard of the Kim Delaney/Jeri Ryan show, but will give it a shot. I kinda like Kim Delaney, even though she's kind of a train wreck

VIETgrlTerifa
08-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I am looking forward to Outsourced. Hadn't heard of the Kim Delaney/Jeri Ryan show, but will give it a shot. I kinda like Kim Delaney, even though she's kind of a train wreck

I think it's Dana Delaney, :).

screech
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Which one is the new JJ Abrams show?

Undercovers.

genevieve
08-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I think it's Dana Delaney, :).
oh :fragile:

Dana Delaney's ok too I guess :shuffle: Is she not on Desperate Housewives anymore?

jeffisjeff
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Maura Tierney is back, in some new show with Rob Morrow. I've seen the commercials, but have no idea what show it is or which network it is on. :lol:

But, I am glad to see Maura Tierney is back after her battle with cancer. :cheer: