PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Lara
11-05-2010, 08:20 AM
With all the promotion I'm just surprised NBC didn't give it more time. I wasn't interested myself though. My spy show is Chuck!

I've got about 3 eps of The Event to catch up on. At this point I'm still interested enough but how are things looking?

GarrAarghHrumph
11-05-2010, 01:39 PM
The last episode of Undercovers will air 12/1.

Medium has been cut to 13 episodes this season. Defenders may move into its time slot, and then Defenders may be cancelled.

Outlaw is really, really likely to be cancelled. As is Running Wilde and The Good Guys.

The Event, IMO, should make it through the year. I'm not sure it'll be renewed for next season, though. We'll have to see.

Buzz
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I last saw The Event two weeks ago and it was a pretty good episode. Even the flashbacks tied into the story very nicely and was not too much. I will have to wait and see what happens monday but like so many shows of it's kind I doubt it will make it to a 2nd season.

Wyliefan
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Medium has been cut to 13 episodes this season. Defenders may move into its time slot, and then Defenders may be cancelled.

That sounds like a really weird way to plan a TV schedule. :)

I watched a few episodes of Undercovers, but just couldn't keep going with it. The dialogue was too, too cutesy-poo and sugary. It's a shame, really -- the premise was good, Lord knows we could use a few more happily married TV couples, and it could have been lots of fun if it had only had some decent writing.

BigB08822
11-05-2010, 04:59 PM
The Event has gotten better, especially with toning down the amount of flashbacks and making sure the ones they do show are important to that episode. It was not on this past week. I like it but if it was canceled, I wouldn't throw a fit. Maybe the big reveal (I wont say in case you haven't gotten there yet) was done too quickly? They may have more big surprises in store but they aren't doing a good job of hinting at that right now. I don't really know why I am still watching, I feel like it is kind of pointless right now. Lost always kept you guessing and always had you trying to figure things out. This show isn't doing that so I feel like I can miss the episode and just read what happened online.

genevieve
11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I think it's a mistake to compare the show to LOST. I really don't think any new show would compare favorably to an iconic show that just went off the air after 6 seasons. The first ep certainly had a LOST-ish feel, but now it's coming into its own.

That said, it will be interesting to see how the season progresses. Even if the season ends really well, I'm not sure if a 2nd season would be wise - look at wrap happened to Heroes.

galaxygirl
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
The last episode of Undercovers will air 12/1.

Crap! I love Medium, especially the Du Bois family. The stories are kind of secondary to me.

The Event has gotten better, especially with toning down the amount of flashbacks and making sure the ones they do show are important to that episode. It was not on this past week.

I didn't notice until you mentioned it. :shuffle:

genevieve
11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I adore Medium :(

manhn
11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
The ending of tonight's installment of The Event--FREAKY!!!

BigB08822
11-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah, what the hell happened at the end of The Event! :eek: That show knows how to do great WTF endings.

Weeds and The Big C have been amazing. This is one of my favorite seasons of Weeds ever. I can't believe next week is the season finale for both. I wish they ran longer!

genevieve
11-09-2010, 07:15 AM
The Event rules in episode closings :lol:

I think the show is getting much stronger in the first 55 minutes (well, really 37 minutes) as well.

Buzz
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah it was jarring for sure but I do not like the neat wrap up of how they made Simon good again. Waaay too easy and quick. Hard to believe that they fell for it that completely.

Sassafras
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Undercovers was cancelled today.

Bummer. The show was just "okay" but I'm going to miss looking at Boris:swoon:

Norlite
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I couldn't watch the ending of the Event. As soon as the entered that room and I noticed all the girl's faces were hidden I knew something awful was coming so I covered my eyes with my hands. :lol:

My daughter said she thought they looked like they were either reverse aged or skin graphed somehow? Is that how they looked?

Buzz
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, they looked rrrrrreally old and/or severly disfigured.