PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

jeffisjeff
10-23-2010, 04:45 AM
For those of you who missed the 3 part series "Sherlock" last month, it will be running on Sunday nights on Masterpiece Theatre starting this Sunday.

It's worth a look. Really.

I know and I can't wait! :cheer:

ChelleC
10-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I can't wait either!

BigB08822
10-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Good read about the disappointing numbers this year, what shows have been cut and which are still in danger.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/22/fall.tv.canceled.beast/index.html?hpt=Sbin

GarrAarghHrumph
10-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Based on ratings through last week, I'm thinking the following may happen:

Unlikely to make it to next season/likely to be cancelled: Sht My Dad Says, Medium, CSI NY, Blue Bloods, The Defenders, the Whole Truth, Detroit 187, Better With You, Undercovers, Chase, The Good Guys, Running Wilde, Life Unexpected.

Likely to be moved to Fridays (kiss of death night): The Good Wife

In danger, on the bubble: all of the CSI's, No Ordinary Family, Community, Parenthood, Chuck, Lie to Me, Fringe.

November is a major sweeps month. Normally, weak performers will be pulled from the schedule, so don't be shocked if a show disappears for a bit, only to return once sweeps are done.

Artemis@BC
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Unlikely to make it to next season/likely to be cancelled: Sht My Dad Says, Medium, CSI NY, Blue Bloods, The Defenders, the Whole Truth, Detroit 187, Better With You, Undercovers, Chase, The Good Guys, Running Wilde, Life Unexpected.

In danger, on the bubble: all of the CSI's, No Ordinary Family, Community, Parenthood, Chuck, Lie to Me, Fringe.

The only ones from that list I'd cry about are The Defenders and The Good Wife.

The Defenders continues to surprise me in how much I enjoy it. Ok, not surprising I'd like Jerry O'Connell, but it is surprising how much I'm enjoying Jim Belushi.

The Good Wife continues to be one of the best written and acted shows around. Would be a real shame if it were cancelled.

Community and Parenthood I liked a lot last year, but their sophmore seasons are not nearly as impressive. Still better than a lot of drek out there, though, IMO.

The CSI franchise -- esp. Vegas -- jumped the shark years ago. Buh bye.

manhn
10-26-2010, 05:20 AM
The Event is getting SO GOOD! And Agent Lee is sooo dreamy. It is sheer fun, fun, fun!

oleada
10-26-2010, 05:23 AM

:fragile:

This is easily the best drama on network TV right now.

Norlite
10-26-2010, 05:28 AM
The Event is getting SO GOOD! And Agent Lee is sooo dreamy. It is sheer fun, fun, fun!

It was good tonight. Really starting to coming together.

jeffisjeff
10-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Lost power in the middle of The Event tonight. :wuzrobbed

genevieve
10-26-2010, 06:00 AM
The Event really knows how to end an episode :lol:

AliasJohnDoe
10-26-2010, 06:44 PM
OMG!!! If you want a "good scare" for Halloween, watch "Dead Set" a 5 part series on the IFC(Independent Film Channel):
http://www.ifc.com/dead-set/episode-guide.php

It's about zombies attacking the "Big Brother" house on eviction night (British version of BB). It started last night(Monday Oct.25th) and is on every night till Friday. 12:00am-12:30am. I had nightmares all night and was ready to board up my windows. And I'm a horror show lover. Can't wait for tonights episode. :yikes::scream:

"Dead Set" Trailer: http://www.ifc.com/videos/dead-set-trailer.php

BigB08822
10-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks! I love horror movies and happen to get IFC. I see Dead Set airs later tonight but the description doesn't say which part of the series it is. I set it to record, hopefully it is just a repeat of the 1st one and I can catch up.

AliasJohnDoe
10-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks! I love horror movies and happen to get IFC. I see Dead Set airs later tonight but the description doesn't say which part of the series it is. I set it to record, hopefully it is just a repeat of the 1st one and I can catch up.

It's a new episode every night. So your probably recording episode #2. It would have been smart to repeat episode #1 just before the start of episode #2 for people who missed it. Hopefully they'll start posting the full episodes on the IFC website. Or maybe they'll repeat the series in it's entirety on the weekend with back-to-back episodes for Halloween.

BigB08822
10-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks. I am surprised they didn't repeat the first one before tonight's 2nd episode. Most networks do that these days, especially for debuts. Oh well, I will just hold onto the recordings and wait until I can get the 1st one online or something.

rjblue
10-27-2010, 03:55 AM
The Event really knows how to end an episode :lol:
I'm still waiting for CityTV to post it on their video site. I can't watch the NBC link.

I got two episodes of Raising Hope tonight. One must have been a repeat that I somehow missed. They just keep getting better and better. Hope is easily the cutest baby on TV ever, and everyone else is so ridiculously loveable.