PDA

View Full Version : New fall tv shows.....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

HeatherC
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Is The Middle a new show? or from last year? I saw an episode for the first time on the plane yesterday and it was great. I don't even know what channel or night it's on.

I think that's one of the ABC comedies that air in a block on Wednesday nights but I don't know what time it airs (maybe 8:30 pm?). Is that the one with the Patricia Heaton on it? If so, I'm pretty sure it airs on Wednesday nights.

AliasJohnDoe
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
"The Middle" airs on ABC at 8PM Wednesdays. It's in its' sophomore year. I actually like it better than the other ABC comedies airing on Wednesdays, including "Modern Family". It has gotten higher ratings than "Cougar Town" also since both shows started last year. ABC has been repeating "Modern Family" and "The Middle" on Friday nights.

Garden Kitty
10-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Is The Middle a new show? or from last year? I saw an episode for the first time on the plane yesterday and it was great. I don't even know what channel or night it's on.

The Middle started last year, and makes a nice block with Better With You (new show) and Modern Family on ABC on Wednesday.

genevieve
10-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Up against Survivor - no wonder I didn't know it existed :P

Once Survivor is over I'll watch it though. Patricia Heaton looks way younger than she did on Everybody Loves Raymond, implausible as that sounds.

BigB08822
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Does anyone else think The Middle is an obvious rip off of Malcolm in the Middle? From the title to having a really weird and somewhat creep younger son and 3 boys overall, it just seems all too similar. The dysfunctional family element is also there.

Norlite
10-17-2010, 11:56 PM
The dysfunctional family element is also there.

Plus it has Patricia Heaton. Reason enough to pass it by.

rfisher
10-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Does anyone else think The Middle is an obvious rip off of Malcolm in the Middle? From the title to having a really weird and somewhat creep younger son and 3 boys overall, it just seems all too similar. The dysfunctional family element is also there.
Excerpt Malcolm in the Middle was about the kids and The Middle is more about the parents. The Middle refers to the fact they live in the *middle* of the country. I like it. I'd say it's more like Roseann than MITM with the middle class family. It's just not as annoying as Roseann.

rjblue
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
The only new show I'm watching is Raising Hope.Raising Hope is laugh out loud sitting all by yourself funny.

Running Wilde is on my TV right after Raising Hope, and I like it a lot more than the critics do. It is a very quirky comedy. I love Will Arnett and the cast of this show is great. I hope it gets a chance to become more evenly written.

Matryeshka
10-18-2010, 01:41 AM
All right stop, renovate and listen
Ice is back with a brand new mission
Flippin' houses to make them sprightly
Landscaping and flooring daily and nightly
Will my famewhoring ever stop, who knows
Check me out as my palm tree grows
To the extreme, I'm a subprime skandal
Light up reality TV like a real estate vandal

Yes, yes...Vanilla Ice has a new reality TV show--The Vanilla Ice Project where he flips houses in "rock and roll style." He loves flowers, foxtail palm trees, and butterflies (yes, he said he loves butterflies), and scarily enough, he really does know what he's talking about. Every once in a while, he remembers that he's Vanilla Ice and he'll make some comment that screams I AM A GANGSTA HAS-BEEN, but it doesn't sound right and you can kinda tell the lines were fed to him.

You can tell he's passed the Vanilla Ice image and just wants to play with flowers and tile finishes. If they had used his real name and just said here's show #43587 about redoing a house, I'd never have guessed who he was or questioned his credentials. But, because I am a product of my reality TV environment, I'm slightly upset that it's not an epic disaster or that he's not busting out uncomfortable free-form raps on the spot or having temper tantrums. I'm not really interested in someone who knows what he's doing take a million-dollar mansion and turn it into a six million dollar mansion in an understated, beautiful way. That show's been done before, and done better.

Bev Johnston
10-18-2010, 05:47 PM

Yes, and a rip-off of a lot of other shows, too. And that creepy little kid is exactly how I pictured Owen Meany when I read "A Prayer for Owen Meany" 20 years ago.

Add one more to the Outsourced list. I thought the pilot was a little slow, but I caught last week's episode and found it very charming. I hope it continues!

Bostonfan
10-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Raising Hope is laugh out loud sitting all by yourself funny.

A perfect description. Martha Plimpton is my favorite! So many great lines!

Artemis@BC
10-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll give Outsourced another shot. I thought the pilot was pretty lame, but if it got better after that ...

ITA about Raising Hope. I've loved Martha Plimpton since Running on Empty so I'm predisposed to like anything with her in it ... but the show is charming and witty on so many levels. They've also done a good job of using just the right amount of Chloris Leachman's character -- too much Maw Maw would be way OTT, but in small doses she's hilarious. I laughed so hard at her dancing Janga thing a couple of weeks ago I scared the cat. Oh, and I love the title sequence too with the Dick & Jane spoof, very clever.

Buzz
10-19-2010, 02:10 AM
The most annoying show on television just started. I am referring to The Event of course...

venja
10-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Hmm, maybe I'll give Outsourced another shot. I thought the pilot was pretty lame, but if it got better after that ...

I'm surprised that it got the nod for a full season. But then again, it's NBC... They still have the apprentice.

The most annoying show on television just started. I am referring to The Event of course...

I just gave up on that show. I'm sad that this season's new TV shows has been a disappointment, but I'm happy that I'm not spending too much time in front of the TV.

GarrAarghHrumph
10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Shows whose ratings make me suspect they may be cancelled, either very soon, or by the end of this season: Life Unexpected, Outlaw, Undercovers, The Whole Truth, Detroit 1-8-7, Medium, The Defenders, CSI: NY, Running Wilde, The Good Guys, and maybe Fringe. Maybe Community (I hope not - I love that show.)

The Event needs to improve its ratings, or at least stop dropping, if it's going to get a full 13 episode order this season.

Shows that now also look as if they could be cancelled: The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Chase, and Lie to Me. But Lie to Me and Fringe could hold on, as they did last year, despite their low ratings, because FOX really has nothing to replace them with.

The ratings of Shit My Dad Says have been falling. It's on my "fall any further and you're in trouble" list.

My Generation has been cancelled.

Raising Hope has received an order for its back nine episodes, so will have a full 22 this season.

The Event and Outsourced ratings continue to fall, but they still do better than a lot of what's on NBC.